Food & Drink

Blairs Death Rain potato chips... XXX HOT.. Where have they been spotted?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2017 11:38 pm
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10207 posts
1278 upvotes
Toronto
willyxjai wrote:
Dec 28th, 2016 11:38 pm
I got the friendly reminder email from them as well after inquiring about the chips, they mentioned chips can only be purchased online for canadians :(
This means that a smart entrepreneur (ma and pa shop?) will mass order online and charge customers $6 a bag...assuming that a large bulk purchase can be done for less.
Feb 3, 2017
1 posts
3 upvotes
Fellow spicy chip fanatics. I have found the problem solver to the disappearance of my fav chips ever to grace this earth-blairs.
I've been searching for blairs death rain for a good year or two with very little luck around the Ottawa area. Apparently they stopped supplying them to retailers in Canada for some reason and the shipping is a rip off not to mention they've been out of stock on their website for quite a while.
I was in bulkbarn yesterday and look to see like I always do hoping just by chance that maybe they were back. Nope.. but.. atlas! Someone has taken their place. I present Rebel chips! I was skeptical thinking no way they would be as good as blairs but I grab a few bags. I get home and crack open a bag of their "habanero bbq" annnddd yesssssss! They are pretty much identical to blairs habanero. I also grabbed a bag of their "chipotle hot wings" and they are pretty much identical to blairs "buffalo wings". Even the bags are similar.
My search is over, my spicy snack void is fulfilled once again.
There was a big rack of them at the bulk barn I was at in pembroke, hoping they are also stocked in the Ottawa locations.

Now get out there and get them my fellow chip fanatics.
Images
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
3680 posts
478 upvotes
Regina
looks like am hitting up Bulk Barn today
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
2548 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
Saw them sitting on the shelf as I was picking up my jalapeno nuts and other snacks for work with the monthly bulk barn coupon, didn't even think twice of picking them up.....
Aug 26, 2007
229 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks so much for the suggestion! My bf was in love with those Blair chips and was sad when he couldn't find them anymore. I picked up both bags you recommended and he liked them, obviously he likes Blair's better but these Rebel chips are comparable.

For those who wanted to know, I picked up the chips downtown Toronto near Bloor St W and Bathurst St.
Tilted wrote:
Feb 4th, 2017 12:43 pm
Fellow spicy chip fanatics. I have found the problem solver to the disappearance of my fav chips ever to grace this earth-blairs.
I've been searching for blairs death rain for a good year or two with very little luck around the Ottawa area. Apparently they stopped supplying them to retailers in Canada for some reason and the shipping is a rip off not to mention they've been out of stock on their website for quite a while.
I was in bulkbarn yesterday and look to see like I always do hoping just by chance that maybe they were back. Nope.. but.. atlas! Someone has taken their place. I present Rebel chips! I was skeptical thinking no way they would be as good as blairs but I grab a few bags. I get home and crack open a bag of their "habanero bbq" annnddd yesssssss! They are pretty much identical to blairs habanero. I also grabbed a bag of their "chipotle hot wings" and they are pretty much identical to blairs "buffalo wings". Even the bags are similar.
My search is over, my spicy snack void is fulfilled once again.
There was a big rack of them at the bulk barn I was at in pembroke, hoping they are also stocked in the Ottawa locations.

Now get out there and get them my fellow chip fanatics.
Jun 1, 2008
149 posts
87 upvotes
London
Awesome!! Thank you! I hope I find them comparable!
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
3680 posts
478 upvotes
Regina
they are comparable for sure, a smaller chip, but they pack a kick, it has been a while since i have had much spice so was tearing up after 15
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10207 posts
1278 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder if Japan's hot chips will find their way here.
You have to add the powder yourself though...
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel