Food & Drink

Blairs Death Rain potato chips... XXX HOT.. Where have they been spotted?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2018 7:01 pm
Sep 25, 2014
9 posts
5 upvotes
Vimont, QC
AsianXL wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 3:11 pm
Thanks!

Unfortunately, aside from Shell gas stations, none of the mentioned retailers are conveniently located in the city of Vancouver. They are all in suburbs.
I've sent an email to the VP of Sales telling him he needs to find retailers inside Vancouver proper :)
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13149 posts
2117 upvotes
Toronto
corin1 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 11:56 am
Hey Chilliheads!...
Wow! Lots of posts from Vancouver. I'm in Toronto. I'm not the spicy fan but I am steering my spicy chip friends to go to Bulk barn.
Any other stores in Toronto carrying your brand? Also, is there a smaller bag available? I have a friend that is not sure if they like white cheddar so they'd like to try a smaller bag first.
Jan 15, 2007
257 posts
39 upvotes
Shiznacka wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 3:46 pm
Dont listen to me, I lied!
They used to, though the last couple of times I have been there they no longer stock them.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1337 posts
376 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Paqui Haunted Ghost Pepper chips are available at No Frills Health/Organic Food Aisle.

Bought a bag for $3.77 in Vancouver. Definitely the spiciest chips I've ever had. It has a good flavor too.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9559 posts
1771 upvotes
Toronto
I picked them up and they're indeed spicy but I felt it lacks in flavour. It's got a lot of the smoky chilli flavour but that's about it.
IMG_3701.JPG
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
8714 posts
573 upvotes
Vancouver
Mmm wonder if all the no frills carry them. Guess I’ll drop by my local store.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3040 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
4flava wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 10:01 pm
I picked them up and they're indeed spicy but I felt it lacks in flavour. It's got a lot of the smoky chilli flavour but that's about it.

IMG_3701.JPG
Also available at Metro.
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1337 posts
376 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
4flava wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 10:01 pm
To be fair, I don't think these tortilla chips were ever meant to be flavorful like Dorito's (if you've tried their other line of chips like Grilled Habanero, etc.). These are more like Tostito's with an intense smoky flavor while being super spicy at the same time.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
8714 posts
573 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone find Blairs in Vancouver? I gave the Paqui chips to my friend. I think he likes them. Now trying to find Blairs. Both those will be too hot for me.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1337 posts
376 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
trellaine201 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 10:55 pm
Anyone find Blairs in Vancouver? I gave the Paqui chips to my friend. I think he likes them. Now trying to find Blairs. Both those will be too hot for me.
I don't think they sell these chips anywhere in Vancouver. I believe they have a production issue in the United States. It's been like that for years.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
8714 posts
573 upvotes
Vancouver
Awww ok. Thanks. I guess they can be found in the border cities like Blaine WA or Bellingham WA. I'll have to look next time I'm in that area.
Aug 21, 2011
216 posts
15 upvotes
corin1 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 11:56 am
Hey Chilliheads! Just came across this post thanks to someone looking for Aubrey D. Rebel Chips and mentioning the thread. In full disclosure, I am half of the design and marketing team that does contract work for Gourmet Chips and Sauces, the manufacturer of Aubrey D. Rebel Chips.

Thanks to everyone sharing their comments about Aubrey D. Rebel Chips (and @Tilted for sharing your find). Your feedback means a lot to us. Gourmet Chips & Sauces have tried really hard to make a product that is as good if not better than what we used to have.

So you all know, although the chips are similar in texture, we worked hard to develop flavours unique to us in heat and taste (my tongue suffered extensively during this period). Blair's has a great product, however it became impossible for GCS to get inventory to sell in Canada and we were forced to make the choice to develop our own chips. Anyone who works in procurement for retail will understand what happens when you can't fill orders (we were being delisted everywhere... plus the chargebacks... not a good place). We are working hard to get our chips into the same places as before.

There are three flavours (I only saw two mentioned):

Habanero BBQ - Meant to be the hottest. Period. (loosely inspired by our Aubrey D. Rebel Habanero Hot Sauce).
Chipotle Wing - Smokey hot wing flavour. I think the wing flavour is quite nice... not overpowering, with a pretty decent heat level (inspired by our Aubrey D. Rebel Chipotle Hot Sauce)
Jalapeno White Cheddar - Subtle aged cheddar flavour with the soft kick of Jalapeño (inspired by our Aubrey D. Rebel Jalapeño Hot Sauce)

@AsianXL There are other places selling them. Let me know where you are and I will find out for you

@BobSagget The Buffalo Wing were delicious! I think our Chipotle Wing has a pretty good chicken flavour with more heat. The Habanero BBQ are XXX Hot! Much hotter than the Chipotle Wing.

@hordosr As far as I know, the chips should be the same size. We didn't select smaller potatoes, could just be what came in from the farms :) But I'll make inquiries.
So shell in general carries these or is bulk Barn the best bet? As someone from Edmonton.
Sep 25, 2014
9 posts
5 upvotes
Vimont, QC
thecdbob wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 2:16 pm
So shell in general carries these or is bulk Barn the best bet? As someone from Edmonton.
Bulk Barn for sure. Shell I believe so, but might be more subject to Shell station orders.