Food & Drink

Blairs Death Rain potato chips... XXX HOT.. Where have they been spotted?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2022 8:19 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
3612 posts
115 upvotes
GTA
Slightly OT but where can one find the Blair's Death Rain sauces in east GTA? TIA.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
zalapski wrote: Slightly OT but where can one find the Blair's Death Rain sauces in east GTA? TIA.
Its been mentioned already in this thread
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1953 upvotes
Elmira
zalapski wrote: Slightly OT but where can one find the Blair's Death Rain sauces in east GTA? TIA.
hah, lucky bastard.. you're in like the ONLY place to get specialty hot sauces apparently.

As mentioned above, check that Danforth place. Wish we had one north of the 401..
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1953 upvotes
Elmira
BTW Death Rain is a dry spice mix (to my understanding)

Their sauces are Death sauces

Pure Death, Mega Death, After Death, etc.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
3787 posts
67 upvotes
if by east gta you mean durham, try calling these guys (not sure if they have it, but they have a lot of hot sauces):

http://www.tradingpostqualityfoods.com/

not terribly close, but might be faster than driving into the city
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52935 posts
18144 upvotes
ONTARIO
slowtyper wrote: I have been buying these at 7/11 since last year. To be honest they are not as hot as I hoped it would be or expected something called XXX DEATH RAIN to be. Pretty disappointed after reading reviews about these but I still buy them every now and then. Haven't bought them in the last couple months though.
well... you know how it is. They're hot for the demographic who are not asian, south asian, south american, or west indian... lol
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12227 posts
157 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: well... you know how it is. They're hot for the demographic who are notasian, south asian, south american, or west indian... lol
synonymous.

Now i gotta try these. Do the Buffalo Wing ones actually taste good, or is it just spicy and boring?
WTB: A Dance With Dragons from A Song of Ice and Fire
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1485 upvotes
Pickering
originalnutta wrote: synonymous.

Now i gotta try these. Do the Buffalo Wing ones actually taste good, or is it just spicy and boring?
Its actually the taste, I don't recall them being particularly spicy.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1953 upvotes
Elmira
the buffalo wings ones are spicy too! they sure kick my ass at least.. not as brutal as the habanero but they still pack a punch
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12227 posts
157 upvotes
duckdown wrote: the buffalo wings ones are spicy too! they sure kick my ass at least.. not as brutal as the habanero but they still pack a punch
grain of salt, duckdown.

grain of salt. :lol:
WTB: A Dance With Dragons from A Song of Ice and Fire
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
3612 posts
115 upvotes
GTA
Tracked down the Habanero at the Bulk Barn, one of the workers saw me with one in hand and gave me a warning on their spicy hotness.

It's okay heat, something to keep in the gold medal hockey party bowl. Now time to track down Blair's mega death sauces. Thanks to member afong for the tip on where to find them.

duckdown wrote: the buffalo wings ones are spicy too! they sure kick my ass at least.. not as brutal as the habanero but they still pack a punch
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
4442 posts
248 upvotes
Bought both. Tried the medium buffalo wing ones so far. They are spicy for sure and they're good but a few complaints against these chips.

First of all, obviously $3.49 is a ripoff. I'd be ok since they're imported if it was a bag the size of cheetos but the bag is smaller and when I opened it up, not a lot of chips inside. And the other problem is...why're they kettle corn? They'd be so much better if it was a different texture like a regular Lays or Humpty Dumpty texture or even Ruffles.

And for anyone who likes the Buffalo Wing flavour, they have awesome Buffalo Wing popcorn at Kernels, mildly spicy.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1953 upvotes
Elmira
Nettles wrote: Bought both. Tried the medium buffalo wing ones so far. They are spicy for sure and they're good but a few complaints against these chips.

First of all, obviously $3.49 is a ripoff. I'd be ok since they're imported if it was a bag the size of cheetos but the bag is smaller and when I opened it up, not a lot of chips inside. And the other problem is...why're they kettle corn? They'd be so much better if it was a different texture like a regular Lays or Humpty Dumpty texture or even Ruffles.

And for anyone who likes the Buffalo Wing flavour, they have awesome Buffalo Wing popcorn at Kernels, mildly spicy.
they're only 2.99 at 7-11

and.. what? kettle corn? what do you mean?

they are kettle COOKED chips yes.. like Miss Vickies. but to say Lays or Humpty Dumpty fried chips are better than kettle cooked ones.. I really just don't get that at all sorry. Lays and Humpty Dumpty are junk
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43247 upvotes
ONTARIO
Nettles wrote: Bought both. Tried the medium buffalo wing ones so far. They are spicy for sure and they're good but a few complaints against these chips.

I agree with you about everything except the kettle cooked part. Kettle cooked are sooo delicious. I am actually glad they are kettle cooked rather than something like Ruffles.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6564 posts
264 upvotes
Markham
Picked up the Buffalo Wings and the Habanero one at STC BB. I got ripped they were $3.69 for each measly 150g bag.

Awesome stuff. The Buffalo Wings really tasted like buffalo wings and not just like sour Tabasco. The Habanero gives you that nice warmth, great for winter!
This space for rent
Nov 4, 2003
654 posts
81 upvotes
Mr Nobody wrote: Picked up the Buffalo Wings and the Habanero one at STC BB. I got ripped they were $3.69 for each measly 150g bag.

Awesome stuff. The Buffalo Wings really tasted like buffalo wings and not just like sour Tabasco. The Habanero gives you that nice warmth, great for winter!
Picked up the same combo on sat from STC as well. These things are picey but I'd try them just once... so far the Buffalo wings I find are pretty good. My wife still prefers Ms Vickies. I haven't opened up the Habanero one yet though.
Jun 4, 2006
739 posts
448 upvotes
Brampton | Vaughan
My wife just picked them up from the Main Street 7-11, and they go well with beer :)

DD you're right, they have a slow burn to them, nothing intense, but makes you sweat.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1953 upvotes
Elmira
Carbooja wrote: My wife just picked them up from the Main Street 7-11, and they go well with beer :)

DD you're right, they have a slow burn to them, nothing intense, but makes you sweat.

hehe well actually I've had these on a few occasions now and they ARE too intense for me.. they kick my ass. I can handle one at a time with a beer in hand, but I can't just eat them by the handful like I saw some people doing.. I'm just trying to build up my spice tolerance now :D

kudos to you if you don't find them spicy! thats awesome
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1953 upvotes
Elmira
I actually am trying to find a place in Brampton/Sauga to buy the actual death sauces