Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Blizzard Store] StarCraft II®: Wings of Liberty™ $19.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2013 4:11 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2007
5145 posts
21531 upvotes
Toronto

[Blizzard Store] StarCraft II®: Wings of Liberty™ $19.99

Starting today, you can save 50% on StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty in the Blizzard Store. If you or a friend have been looking to dive into the epic story, or join into the competitive fun of multiplayer StarCraft II, this is your chance to save big.

Join the battle in the Koprulu sector now, because this deal ends Monday, June 11, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.

[IMG]http://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/blo ... 629173.jpg[/IMG]

To get the Digital version, you'll have to log-in using your battle.net account.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/101458 ... y-6_4_2013

You can play/try the first five missions of the single-player campaign FREE. - https://us.battle.net/account/creation/ ... =sc2-trial

A free Battle.net account is required to play.
14 replies
Jan 22, 2010
703 posts
71 upvotes
NARNIA!, jk Toronto
The last HoTs thread got me addicted to this game, I play 3+ hours a day now :(
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2007
5145 posts
21531 upvotes
Toronto
igotskill wrote: The last HoTs thread got me addicted to this game, I play 3+ hours a day now :(
Make sure to check out the new "spawning" feature due out today. (Means that you can play online hots or wol for free, as long as you are in the same party with someone who owns those copies)
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/10145834

Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4438 posts
1927 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
mtommy79 wrote: Make sure to check out the new "spawning" feature due out today. (Means that you can play online hots or wol for free, as long as you are in the same party with someone who owns those copies)
This is smart marketing. Get you hooked, then you get frustrated that you can't play without your friend so you go out and buy it.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
3428 posts
89 upvotes
Your Mom
igotskill wrote: The last HoTs thread got me addicted to this game, I play 3+ hours a day now :(
what exactly do you play in the game
Jan 5, 2009
573 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mtommy79 wrote: Make sure to check out the new "spawning" feature due out today. (Means that you can play online hots or wol for free, as long as you are in the same party with someone who owns those copies)

Great feature, Blizz

Now can you help us get people to have PCs capable of playing the game reasonably well like SC1 played fine on library computers w/o dedicated graphics

$20 for SC2 is great value
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
3428 posts
89 upvotes
Your Mom
figment wrote: Now can you help us get people to have PCs capable of playing the game reasonably well like SC1 played fine on library computers w/o dedicated graphics
games have improved their graphics

i mean if people expect to play games without a video card, good *****en luck you know what i mean?
lets play PS4 games on a damm PS1
Mar 9, 2010
60 posts
8 upvotes
Hamilton
aplayaz2000 wrote: games have improved their graphics

i mean if people expect to play games without a video card, good *****en luck you know what i mean?
lets play PS4 games on a damm PS1
You've obviously never heard of Blizzard, or you'd know that they've got a solid reputation for aiming at the bottom-end hardware and making up for it with incredibly good artwork.

I mean, they were doing 2D games like Starcraft and Diablo 2 long after 2D graphics were out of fashion (Diablo 2 came out *after* Quake 3, for example). WC3 had freakishly low-poly models, made perfect only by Blizzard's brilliant animators and artists.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't target onboard/integrated chipsets (at least ATI/AMD's on-boards if not Intel's awful ones) for SC2.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2007
7084 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
Russell wrote: This is smart marketing. Get you hooked, then you get frustrated that you can't play without your friend so you go out and buy it.
It's not something new. Starcraft1 had a similar feature.
Jun 6, 2006
171 posts
14 upvotes
Richmond
Pxtl wrote: You've obviously never heard of Blizzard, or you'd know that they've got a solid reputation for aiming at the bottom-end hardware and making up for it with incredibly good artwork.

I mean, they were doing 2D games like Starcraft and Diablo 2 long after 2D graphics were out of fashion (Diablo 2 came out *after* Quake 3, for example). WC3 had freakishly low-poly models, made perfect only by Blizzard's brilliant animators and artists.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't target onboard/integrated chipsets (at least ATI/AMD's on-boards if not Intel's awful ones) for SC2.
SC2 HOTS runs just fine on my laptop with integrated video. You just can't run it on ultra high detail!!
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4438 posts
1927 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
xalex0 wrote: It's not something new. Starcraft1 had a similar feature.
Hmmm you're right. Actually, a lot of games used to. I had forgotten entirely about this.

It's still a smart idea though.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
3428 posts
89 upvotes
Your Mom
Pxtl wrote: I mean, they were doing 2D games like Starcraft and Diablo 2 long after 2D graphics were out of fashion (Diablo 2 came out *after* Quake 3, for example). WC3 had freakishly low-poly models, made perfect only by Blizzard's brilliant animators and artists.
okay but last time i checked, Starcraft II doesn't look like a gameboy game... you're talking about the past, i am not

Pxtl wrote: You've obviously never heard of Blizzard
oh yes i have heard of Blizzard... ive been a Blizzard fan for most of my childhood, playing Starcraft, Warcraft, and my favourite Diablo...
Blizzard used to be about quality games... of course that was before they released World of Warcraft

ever since then the only thing they cared about is $, via Activision Blizzard ( not surprising )

Diablo III isn't even a sequel to Diablo II
it isnt even made by the same developers, the people making it are those who made WORLD OF WARCRAFT
which is why it looks like a pos cartooney pile of dog****

ive never been so disappointed with Blizzard after the release of Diablo III
yes i heard of Blizzard, they were my favourite game developer until they sucked a big one

rest in piece you piece of ***** developer
am done with you

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)