79 upvotes
Toronto

Blockbuster

Are there any still open?
11 replies
Jan 18, 2008
645 posts
73 upvotes
In the States there are plenty still open. Saw many when I was there 2 weeks ago.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2006
2201 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
None in Canada though? I still have gift cards I never used :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1256 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
Six Points Plaza near Kipling station - at least I think they're still open. Unless they just haven't removed their sign yet.
Jan 16, 2009
242 posts
11 upvotes
pete_rfd wrote: Six Points Plaza near Kipling station - at least I think they're still open. Unless they just haven't removed their sign yet.
It's closed, the store is empty.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1256 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
avp77 wrote: It's closed, the store is empty.
Too bad, I had a late fee from many many years ago, seems like they won't be asking me to pay it :)
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2005
4423 posts
150 upvotes
Mississauga
lol i have a shitload of movies and games that i never returned!
Banned
Sep 16, 2010
843 posts
79 upvotes
GTA
the locations you see in the states are not all blockbusters... some that were franchised are being asked to change their name. like the one on niagara falls blvd in amherst, it's now called blockbuster blvd, but uses the same type of logo as the original BB they just added BLVD in small letters to the name.

and those that rented movies or didn't return movies while the bankrupt sale was going on are still on the hook for those movies... a company is looking after the delinquent accounts with outstanding fees and will be sending them to a collection agency, so i would do a credit report to see if you were hit with anything.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
the stig wrote: and those that rented movies or didn't return movies while the bankrupt sale was going on are still on the hook for those movies... a company is looking after the delinquent accounts with outstanding fees and will be sending them to a collection agency, so i would do a credit report to see if you were hit with anything.

This. They also don't want their movie back and the prices they set for this used movies is absolutely ridiculous. A co-worker of mine got a letter.
Dec 10, 2006
275 posts
33 upvotes
TinyTank wrote: lol i have a shitload of movies and games that i never returned!

lol either your bank account or credit score are about to get pwned!
Banned
Sep 16, 2010
843 posts
79 upvotes
GTA
not even kidding, a co-worker thought it would be a win win situation to go in and rent some movies and new game releases then keep them. they did this around a week before the actual clearance stuff happened and then iqnored the calls that were left saying to return them or come in and they would "negotiate" a fair price to own them outright.

they got a letter from the collections company that says he owes about $800... so they weren't giving him a fair price on the movies, they charged him roughly what it would be to go and buy them at retail cost and he can't return them now and have it all reversed. so now he's on the hook for the full amount (probably can settle out for less since they will take what they can to clear his account) but it's already hit his credit rating and ruined that for him.

i don't know why people think they can do things like this and score big for so little..... they have your account still, it's not like they wiped the system clean and tossed the computers and files. it will eventually catch up when you least expect it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)