None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2011
1873 posts
264 upvotes
GTA

Blockchain Stocks? HIVE , CODE...?

anyone know much about these blockchain stocks? legitimate business?

also are they just based on bitcoin currency?
66 replies
Dec 31, 2015
180 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Interested in these stocks as well, but it's hard to find any information on them.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2006
1255 posts
238 upvotes
Goldmoney is a another cryptocurrency play now - will support institutional investors who want regulated exposure to Crypto.
I am a friendly Koodo customer and AMEX customer.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2011
1873 posts
264 upvotes
GTA
T3NSION wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 11:09 am
Goldmoney is a another cryptocurrency play now - will support institutional investors who want regulated exposure to Crypto.
I like the chart, you planning for a long term hold?
Sep 29, 2007
420 posts
57 upvotes
I'm looking at this too. From what i can tell HIVE actually cannot invest in Bitcoin without major re-work. They invest in Erethium now however they are going to proof of stake instead of proof of work which apparantely will make HIVE's setup obsolete....but HIVE can switch to mining any other currency (except for BTC). I don't quite understand the relationship between HIVE and their mining partner Genesis. Why did Genesis partner up if they are generating tons of cash flow???

Another lottery ticket I'm thinking about is NovaTeqni. Currently 20 cents and very small market cap. They apparently have 9 blockchain patents. All this stuff is a total crapshoot for sure
Sep 29, 2007
420 posts
57 upvotes
Forgot to mention another one is BLOC although it had a massive move Friday
Nov 26, 2014
288 posts
56 upvotes
Quebec
HIVE on trading halt right now. There was a very good news released just before the halt, that's weird... a leak maybe? anyway i'm holding (not much choice I can't trade)
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
2736 posts
1625 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Oct 25 (Reuters) - Hive Blockchain Technologies Ltd :
* Hive Blockchain announces $30 million bought deal financing and launches second phase expansion in Sweden
* Says ‍U.S. $22 million Sweden expansion to grow co's cryptocurrency mining capacity by over 60%
* Says ‍net proceeds of offering expected to be used to fund second phase of construction at cryptocurrency mining data centre in Sweden​
* Says ‍expansion at Sweden data centre will be constructed by Genesis Mining and is expected to be completed in March 2018​ Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
#WeTheNorth
Mar 11, 2017
171 posts
21 upvotes
BC
"HIVE Blockchain Technologies Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:HIVE) (the "Company" or "HIVE") is pleased to announce that it has entered into an agreement with a syndicate of underwriters led by GMP Securities L.P. (the "Underwriters"), pursuant to which the Underwriters have agreed to purchase, on a bought deal basis, 10,715,000 units of the Company (the "Units") at a price of C$2.80 per Unit (the "Offering Price"), for aggregate gross proceeds of C$30,002,000 (the "Bought Deal"). The Underwriters have been granted an option, exercisable at any time up to forty-eight hours prior to closing (as defined below), to purchase up to an additional 1,607,250 Units at the Offering Price (together with the Bought Deal, the "Offering"). Each Unit will consist of one common share and one common share purchase warrant (a "Warrant"), with each Warrant entitling the holder to purchase one common share at a price of $3.90 for a period of two years.

The Offering will take place by way of a private placement to accredited investors in such provinces of Canada as the Underwriters may designate, and otherwise in those jurisdictions where the Offering can lawfully be made on a private placement basis. The securities issued under the Offering will be subject to a four month and one day hold period from the date of issue in accordance with applicable securities laws in Canada, and potentially additional restrictions under the laws of other jurisdictions in which the Offering may be made.
This news release does not constitute an offer to sell the Shares in the United States or to US persons. The securities have not been and will not be registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and they may not be offered or sold in the United States or to a US person unless an exemption from registration is available.

The net proceeds of the Offering are expected to be used to fund the second phase of construction at the cryptocurrency mining data centre in Sweden (as described below) and for general working capital purposes.
The Offering is expected to close on or about November 14, 2017 (the "Closing Date"). Closing of the Offering is subject to certain conditions typical for a transaction of this nature and the receipt of all necessary regulatory approvals, including the approval of the TSX Venture Exchange (the "Exchange"). Certain insiders, including Genesis Mining Ltd. ("Genesis"), and other purchasers arranged by the Company are expected to subscribe for C$10,000,000 under the Offering."
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
2736 posts
1625 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Thoughts on LTV?
#WeTheNorth
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
2758 posts
493 upvotes
Toronto
So this stock relies entirely on the success of crytocurrency? Why not skip the middle man and purchase BTC/BCH/LTC/ETH by itself?
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2006
1255 posts
238 upvotes
Mogo.to is adding a crypto wallet - stock exploding. I don't see the value add though, lots of other options.
I am a friendly Koodo customer and AMEX customer.