Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4514 posts
492 upvotes
T3NSION wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 10:32 am
Just sold the rest of my hive - buy the cryptos directly folks!
I buy crypto, I don't get the appeal for this.
"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4514 posts
492 upvotes
zaidyboy wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 10:33 am
yep.

HIVE Blockchain Technologies Ltd. (OTC: PRELF) is a growth oriented company building a bridge from the blockchain sector to traditional capital markets. HIVE is strategically partnered with Genesis Mining Ltd. to build the next generation of blockchain infrastructure. HIVE owns state-of-the-art GPU-based cryptocurrency mining facilities in Iceland, which produce mined cryptocurrency like Ethereum around the clock.
Yea I was reading about the company, it's just a big mining operation with some profits going to the investors. Not appealing to me since it's way easier and infinitely more profitable holding BTC, ETH, LTC directly
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
4400 posts
2736 upvotes
Montreal
blexann wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 10:49 am
Yea I was reading about the company, it's just a big mining operation with some profits going to the investors. Not appealing to me since it's way easier and infinitely more profitable holding BTC, ETH, LTC directly
Not exactly. They will also keep some of the coins they mine so in effect they are holding crypto for you. Ultimetaly this will follow the price of bitcoin/ethereum/litecoin. Much easier to hold/buy/sell than crypto.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4514 posts
492 upvotes
ottofly wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 1:22 pm
Not exactly. They will also keep some of the coins they mine so in effect they are holding crypto for you. Ultimetaly this will follow the price of bitcoin/ethereum/litecoin. Much easier to hold/buy/sell than crypto.
I can see this being much easier for sure but can't see it following the price of the cryptos, I guess that's the cost you pay for simplicity/convenience.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1285 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto
I was going to say, this is much more appealing to the noobie investor in crypto...

The crypto exchange networks seem really shady to me, especially since some of the major ones got hacked a couple years ago.

This seems like the safer option. I am interested for sure.

Still don't understand what the heck is going on with it though.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
1079 posts
46 upvotes
started a position in LTV. Seems like they had a few PP and also working with a major cdn bank to get their tech in. We shall see where this ends up
Apr 5, 2009
815 posts
60 upvotes
o1Jeff wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 2:00 pm
started a position in LTV. Seems like they had a few PP and also working with a major cdn bank to get their tech in. We shall see where this ends up
They also signed a deal with a "global healthcare service data company".... its interesting that they don't disclose who these companies are.

On a side note, people seemed to have dumped HIVE, its down now.
Nov 2, 2017
2 posts
i am new to crypto suff. I am very grateful to see that I am in the right direction by reading your comments here.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2012
1086 posts
370 upvotes
Windsor
How can i buy Cryptocurrency to hold .. Can i just buy from Coinbase n hold it in coinbase account ?

I heard lot of security thing for Cryptocurrencies ..
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
2741 posts
1625 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Steven91 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 3:51 pm
They also signed a deal with a "global healthcare service data company".... its interesting that they don't disclose who these companies are.

On a side note, people seemed to have dumped HIVE, its down now.
http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/hi ... 93403.html
VANCOUVER, Nov. 3, 2017 /CNW/ - HIVE Blockchain Technologies Ltd. (TSX.V:HIVE) (the "Company" or "HIVE") announces that 24,636,705 common shares originally due to be released November 15, 2017 will be released from a voluntary pooling agreement effective at open of the market on Wednesday, November 8, 2017 to allow for more market liquidity.
#WeTheNorth
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4514 posts
492 upvotes
taurus25 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 2:45 pm
How can i buy Cryptocurrency to hold .. Can i just buy from Coinbase n hold it in coinbase account ?

I heard lot of security thing for Cryptocurrencies ..
Use the exchanges to buy your crypto only, storage would be outside the exchange. This is unlike investing in the stock market where you buy and store the stock in your account. With crypto the best way is to use the exchange to buy and then use a separate wallet (outside the exhange) to store your crypto.
Last edited by blexann on Nov 4th, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2012
1086 posts
370 upvotes
Windsor
blexann wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 2:54 pm
Use the exchanges to buy your crypto only, storage would be outside the exchange. This is unlike investing in the stock market where you buy and store the stock in your account. With crypto the best way is to use the exchange to buy and then use a separate wallet (outside the exhange) to store your crypto.
What are the good wallets and how to transfer to wallet after buying..
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4514 posts
492 upvotes
taurus25 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 3:30 pm
What are the good wallets and how to transfer to wallet after buying..
If your going to be in the space for a long time then get a hardware wallet like the Ledger Nano. If your just starting out and playing with small amounts then a desktop type wallet like Exodus should be good enough -as your portfolio grows move it to a hardware or even a paper wallet.

Transferring to/from the exchange is simple. Wallet primer: http://cryptocurrencyfacts.com/what-is- ... cy-wallet/
Nov 2, 2008
311 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
When I discovered HIVE I sold all my existing investments and put my eggs into one basket...which was HIVE. Over 100%+ return and sold Friday right before the release of shares announcement - it auto sold due to my stop limit, which was at $6 - Lucky, since the price dropped to $5 right after the trade freeze.

This whole weekend I have been stressing if I should re-invest on Monday, this stock has so much promissing potential... the release of shares could also be a signal of larger institutions wanting a piece of the pie, but I am just speculating. The company is still ramping up operations at the Swedish DC and is planning to purchase another DC.... Perhaps I should take my wins and move on, but there is also the fear/risk of lossing out.

Anyone else in a similar boat?