None
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2733 posts
386 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
ottofly wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 7:33 am
Oh yes, more unverifiable profits on a faceless forum.This place ooozes successful traders. Please post/upload all your confirmations of these alleged profits, I'd love to see how a successful trader such as yourself operates. Maybe learn few things from you. If you think the 'pump' is only a few weeks you are delusional. There are still over one hundred million shares in lockup at prices up to $2.80, rest assured these will all be profitable. Of all these new blockchain plays this is the only one that is actually mining rather than just putting the word 'blockchain' in a press release.
Rest assured
signature removed for inappropriate content
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2733 posts
386 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
eldeejay wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 8:30 am
Rest assured
big haha to anyone buying HIVE today lol. kudos if you got the bought deal and sell now. dump them warrants too!
signature removed for inappropriate content
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3354 posts
215 upvotes
Kingston
eldeejay wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 2:20 pm
big haha to anyone buying HIVE today lol. kudos if you got the bought deal and sell now. dump them warrants too!
New the game but have been following certain stocks for a little while. Price fluctuated between $3.10 and $3.95, closing at $3.70. Is the reason for saying "haha" due to the release of 20 million shares coming a week early than originally planned? If so, is because these shares will be sold at a price lower than today's price range or is just assumed the price will go down as the supply will be more than the demand, thus having price having to drop? (Forgive me if I am missing something else that is obvious) :)
Nov 26, 2014
290 posts
57 upvotes
Quebec
I am 99% sure that 90% of persons buying HIVE have no idea what they are buying.
Mining for an individual with a small rig is not really profitable.
Mining for an individual with a big rig is more profitable.
Mining for an extra huge company with unbelivable amount of hash power + low electricity cost = exponential profit

The more you have hash power, the less electricity cost, better are your profits.

From their website: ''HIVE also has an option to acquire at least four additional data centres from Genesis in Iceland and/or Sweden.''

When they do execute their option, their hash power will be much much more and the profits exponentially more.

Add to that that cryptocurrencies is still at a very early stage, really not known to the main public, it still has a lot more room to grow in popularity and for the price of the tokens to grow too. Just look at web archive of coinmarketcap.com a year ago and today... BTC was 747$, ETH 9.53$ and LTC 3.96$

I'm not saying we will get these returns again in the next 365 days, but the hype is only begining and the technology is still new. Even the big banks and the governments want to get in now.

I started to think about mining 4-5 months ago but quickly realised that I couldn't do much profit with a small rig by myself.

I got in HIVE (5000 shares at 2.85$) and i'm holding for very long term.

I also bought 10 000$ worth of cryptocurrencies, diversified in 12 coins that i'll be rebalancing 3-4 times a year.

I really wish I could invest more than that but that's all I can afford to remain diversified.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3354 posts
215 upvotes
Kingston
p0nk1n wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 11:55 am
Mining for an extra huge company with unbelivable amount of hash power + low electricity cost = exponential profit
The more you have hash power, the less electricity cost, better are your profits.
Take a look at this article about HIVE: https://www.scribd.com/document/3644366 ... ort-Report

It's raised some really good points. Their calculations of the HASH capabilities does provide some food for thought. You can make money on this stock, but not as a long-term investment. Even with their energy costs being cheaper in Iceland, China still sell electricity at half the rate. I suspect that once you see the first earning report from HIVE, you will have wished you had sold it off much sooner. The other thing that jumps out as a concern is all the stocks being released by people that paid 30 cents a share. They can triple their money and sell the the stock for $1.00 and be happy. In other words, as they start to dump their shares, the price is just going to drop. Based on actual valuation, that article suggested HIVE should be trading for something like 4 cents.

In short, this stock does look like one you get in to and get out of as soon as you've made some profit.
Nov 26, 2014
290 posts
57 upvotes
Quebec
spinbot wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 1:20 pm
Take a look at this article about HIVE: https://www.scribd.com/document/3644366 ... ort-Report

It's raised some really good points. Their calculations of the HASH capabilities does provide some food for thought. You can make money on this stock, but not as a long-term investment. Even with their energy costs being cheaper in Iceland, China still sell electricity at half the rate. I suspect that once you see the first earning report from HIVE, you will have wished you had sold it off much sooner. The other thing that jumps out as a concern is all the stocks being released by people that paid 30 cents a share. They can triple their money and sell the the stock for $1.00 and be happy. In other words, as they start to dump their shares, the price is just going to drop. Based on actual valuation, that article suggested HIVE should be trading for something like 4 cents.

In short, this stock does look like one you get in to and get out of as soon as you've made some profit.
Entertaining reading, but at the end I was asking myself: Who wrote this? And then I saw: ''HIVE Blockchain Short Report Uploaded by Anonymous 7Xbp37''

That is Anonymous 7Xbp37's opinion