Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2006
1293 posts
238 upvotes
T3NSION wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 10:43 am
$MGTI looks like a fun bet at these prices - beaten up crypto miner in USA, blackbox OTC market though.
Showing signs of life today

Anyone watching RIOT BLOCKCHAIN? Lol
I am a friendly Koodo customer and AMEX customer.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
3897 posts
1956 upvotes
Northside
HIVE trading halted....
#WeTheNorth
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2005
1444 posts
38 upvotes
Anyone look into BLOK Block One Capital Inc. on the TSXV? thoughts? They acquired a crypto mining operation today.
Jan 8, 2007
70 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Anybody look in to stocks that are indirectly related to blockchain technology?

For example, I randomly found a stock called CVE:FTEC (Fintech select) which has a patent pending software that will facilitate the buying/selling of crypto currencies through Point-of-Sale (POS) systems (eg. These are the same POS systems you use when you pay for items in the store or a restaurant). Supposedly the only way to buy/sell crypto through retailers are the giant ATMs that cost upwards to $3k+ (plus maintenance) or through some voucher system, and this POS tech disrupts that by utilizing current POS systems already set up in stores to buy/sell direct.

I added around the .20s/.30's (its trading at .50-.60s right now) but I'm thinking this is worth at least $1+ based on their competitors market cap that are developing similar tech for the market. They just announced a soft launch of their software program to retailers so I'm speculating this will jump when they announce the results of the soft launch (i'm guessing within the next few weeks).
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
4692 posts
3352 upvotes
Montreal
FuD wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 4:53 pm
Anybody look in to stocks that are indirectly related to blockchain technology?

For example, I randomly found a stock called CVE:FTEC (Fintech select) which has a patent pending software that will facilitate the buying/selling of crypto currencies through Point-of-Sale (POS) systems (eg. These are the same POS systems you use when you pay for items in the store or a restaurant). Supposedly the only way to buy/sell crypto through retailers are the giant ATMs that cost upwards to $3k+ (plus maintenance) or through some voucher system, and this POS tech disrupts that by utilizing current POS systems already set up in stores to buy/sell direct.

I added around the .20s/.30's (its trading at .50-.60s right now) but I'm thinking this is worth at least $1+ based on their competitors market cap that are developing similar tech for the market. They just announced a soft launch of their software program to retailers so I'm speculating this will jump when they announce the results of the soft launch (i'm guessing within the next few weeks).
And how many merchants do they have as clients? How will this work? So I go up to the counter and ask the clerk "Hi, I'd like to buy $300 worth of Civic, or Bitcoin or Ethereum, or Ripple or EOS, here's my debit/credit card?' What happens next, where does the crypto end up? I see very little information on their website. I'd love to see this in action.

At this point these are nothing more than momentum stocks. Doing any sort of valuation analysis is impossible nor would it trade on it. Roll the dice, it can go to $1.00 or it can go to $10.00 and it will end when it ends.
Dec 31, 2015
388 posts
43 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
_Jason_ wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 1:57 pm
Anyone look into BLOK Block One Capital Inc. on the TSXV? thoughts? They acquired a crypto mining operation today.
Nice job finding this one. I didn't get in, but nice gains today. Ugh I need to find a good blockchain company.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3375 posts
216 upvotes
Kingston
herculesmaxpower wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 3:53 pm
Nice job finding this one. I didn't get in, but nice gains today. Ugh I need to find a good blockchain company.
I came across BLOK a few weeks back accidently while looking up BLOC . BLOK is performing better but BLOC has over tripled in value in the past 3 months so you may want to look in to it.
Jan 8, 2007
70 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
ottofly wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 9:17 pm
And how many merchants do they have as clients? How will this work? So I go up to the counter and ask the clerk "Hi, I'd like to buy $300 worth of Civic, or Bitcoin or Ethereum, or Ripple or EOS, here's my debit/credit card?' What happens next, where does the crypto end up? I see very little information on their website. I'd love to see this in action.

At this point these are nothing more than momentum stocks. Doing any sort of valuation analysis is impossible nor would it trade on it. Roll the dice, it can go to $1.00 or it can go to $10.00 and it will end when it ends.
Those are good questions, some more DD will probably need to be done on it. I'm expecting them to let the markets know how many merchants they managed to have signed up within the following weeks based on the results of their soft launch. They also had a news release stating that they partnered up with a crypto broker that will help facilitate the POS crypto transaction a while back ago so that could give more info on how it works. Their website kind of sucks a ss but I recall finding some general info on the POS process and how it would work.

I agree it's still a speculative buy and holds a lot of risk, but I like the upside and scalping opportunities. It looks like a bunch of traders are starting to get in to this stock because their short interest float went from almost nothing to 10% only recently and I've noticed pretty violent 90 degree upticks (probably from people short covering and their stops getting hit) and huge midday volatility with 20% spreads with each news release so you could make a couple easy G's on it if you watch the level 2s.

The downside i see is that they have a lot of outstanding warrants right now on the stock so the dilution might hinder the SP. There's also a few larger companies with more capital that are entering or already in the physical retail transactions crypto market that FTEC needs to compete with... but if they can generate positive cashflow from their operations, I'm speculating that this thing will either get bought out by one of the bigger companies or shoot to the moon. Their next news release on the results of the soft launch should give investors more info on this so i'm holding until then before I decide what moves I want to make.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
12549 posts
3081 upvotes
Here 'n There
I NEVER invest in anything I do not understand. Even though I have read many articles on blockchain I do not fully understand how it works but especially I do not understand how the risk of circumvention of these technologies is not incredibly high.

Until then I am staying away from it. It reminds me of the internet stock craze around the year 2000. That did not end well. Blockchain might be different but for me the risk is too high to get involved.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2006
1293 posts
238 upvotes
T3NSION wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 10:43 am
$MGTI looks like a fun bet at these prices - beaten up crypto miner in USA, blackbox OTC market though.
Out
I am a friendly Koodo customer and AMEX customer.
Jun 20, 2008
72 posts
4 upvotes
HIVE got halted just now. Anyone knows any good long plays for blockchain stocks currently? Here are the players I saw from TD news dated dec 8:

Chineseinvestors.com, Inc. (OTCQB: CIIX) announced earlier this week that, "it has entered into an agreement with Blockchain BTM, LLC to host a Bitcoin ATM at its San Gabriel, California office with plans to expand to serve other Chinese Communities throughout the United States. The Bitcoin ATM, located in the lobby of the Company's offices in the highly trafficked San Gabriel Hilton Plaza, is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, making it convenient and easy to purchase Bitcoin. Purchasers will have access to on site customer service representatives available to provide instruction regarding the Bitcoin ATM in both Chinese and English. The machine however offers translation into five languages including traditional and simplified Chinese, English, Spanish, French and Korean.

Cryptocurrency enthusiasts can purchase up to $7,000 worth of Bitcoin daily from the ATM. If the purchaser does not already have a digital wallet to hold the cryptocurrency, the ATM is able to digitally print a wallet. Alternatively, there are many digital wallet smartphone apps available for download for Android and iPhone. For those that wish to make a more significant investment, over $7,000, the Company can provide information on how to facilitate much larger transactions.

In recent weeks the Company unveiled its new cryptocurrency education and information services, including the first Chinese Daily Video Newscast, Bitcoin Multimillionaire, broadcast from the NYSE covering Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology. In November the Company launched a free bitcoin news and education website in the Chinese language under the domain name newcoins168.com to serve Chinese cryptocurrency investors globally. In addition, the Company will launch new cryptocurrency subscription products in January 2018."

"Although there has been some volatility in the cryptocurrency market, Bitcoin's price resilience is impressive, reaching over $11,000.00 in the last week, with a Friday close of $10,814. With each rebound in price relative to news, we see more evidence that the concept of digital currency is taking root with investors and the general public alike," says Warren Wang, Founder and CEO of CIIX. "In addition to providing skilled investors with news about digital currency, ChineseInvestors.com, Inc. hopes to satisfy the average person's curiosity about cryptocurrency, including how to purchase Bitcoin. Moreover, the underlying Blockchain Technology is extremely compelling and we expect to see many interesting developments in this area. Bitcoin ATMs are just one example of how this area is moving forward. We are excited to make this service available to the Chinese community."

MGT Capital Investments, Inc. (OTCQB: MGTI) ranks as one of the largest U.S. based Bitcoin miners. On December 6, 2017, the company announced that it has executed a new purchase order with Bitmain Technologies for an additional 500 S9 Antminer mining rigs, with shipment expected early in the first quarter of 2018. Following shipment and setup, and in conjunction with the Company's current rigs in operation or in its possession, MGT's Bitcoin mining operations will be comprised of over 5,000 Bitmain S9's. These machines are expected to generate roughly 70 Ph/s of total hash power, and over $4.0 million in monthly revenue, assuming current Bitcoin pricing and Difficulty rates.

Global Arena Holding Inc. (OTC: GAHC) is a holding and technology development company. The company's main subsidiary is Global Election Services where it provides comprehensive technology-enabled election services. The company had also made an investment into a Blockchain Technology company. GAHI Acquisition Corp. was incorporated in the State of Delaware to be the merger subsidiary for the potential acquisition of Blockchain Technologies Corp. and additional Blockchain Technology Software for elections registration and tabulation processes. On August 17, 2017, the company announced that after months of development and testing, the Company's subsidiary, Global Election Services, Inc., is proud to announce the implementation of new proprietary software and hardware to utilize in ballot scanning during the tabulation process.

BTCS Inc. (OTCQB: BTCS) is an early entrant in the Digital Asset market and one of the first U.S. publicly traded companies to be involved with Digital Assets and blockchain technologies. Subject to additional financing, BTCS plans to create a portfolio of digital assets including bitcoin and other "protocol tokens" to provide investors a diversified pure-play exposure to the bitcoin and blockchain industries. On October 25, 2017, the company announced it has closed on the remaining balance of its previously announced financing, which was co-led by Blockchain Global Ltd. The Company received a total of $1.1 million from the sale of its Series C -1 Convertible Preferred Stock and Warrants.

HIVE Blockchain Technologies Ltd. (OTC: PRELF) is building a bridge from the blockchain sector to traditional capital markets. HIVE is strategically partnered with Genesis Mining Ltd., the world's leading cryptocurrency mining hashrate provider, to build the next generation of blockchain infrastructure. HIVE owns a state-of-the-art GPU-based cryptocurrency mining facility in Iceland, completed in May 2017, which produces mined cryptocurrency like Ethereum around the clock. On November 29, 2017, the company released its results for the second quarter ended September 30, 2017. In the quarter, HIVE formed a strategic partnership with Genesis Mining Ltd., the world's largest digital currency mining hashpower provider. In conjunction, HIVE acquired and commenced operations at its initial 2.05 megawatt ("MW") digital currency mining facility in Iceland. Included in the financial results for the quarter are just twelve full days of operations from the initial facility, which resulted in revenues of $170,819 and a mining margin of $112,959.