None
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4026 posts
1997 upvotes
Northside
Re: HIVE

https://hiveblockchain.com/news/hive-bl ... financing/
Zug, Switzerland and Vancouver, Canada – HIVE Blockchain Technologies Ltd. (TSX.V:HIVE) (the “Company” or “HIVE”), the leading publicly listed blockchain infrastructure company, is pleased to announce that it has entered into binding letter agreements dated December 13, 2017 with its strategic partner and major shareholder, Genesis Mining Ltd. (“Genesis”), the largest digital currency mining hashpower provider, to significantly expand the Company’s digital currency mining operations in Sweden in 2018, including the addition of a large-scale Bitcoin mining facility.

This major expansion will increase HIVE’s energy consumption dedicated to digital currency mining from a targeted 17.4 megawatts (“MW”) in March 2018 to 24.2 MW in April 2018, escalating to an expected 44.2 MW by September 2018, and will include:

a new ASIC-based data centre in Sweden, with hardware procured and assembled by Genesis on behalf of HIVE for consideration of an estimated US$34 million and expected to come online in September 2018. The hardware will consist of the latest generation of Bitcoin mining rigs and will operate at an estimated rate of 200 petahashes per second (“PH/s”) and support an approximate consumption of 20 MW of electricity; and

a third phase (additional 6.8 MW) of the Company’s previously-announced GPU-based data centre in Sweden, customized for mining GPU-based digital currencies (e.g., Ethereum), for consideration of an estimated US$22 million and expected completion in April 2018.
The Company is also pleased to announce a private placement financing of up to C$100 million, led by GMP Securities L.P. and Eventus Capital Corp., with a lead indication of C$50 million received.

"The addition of Bitcoin mining capability further establishes HIVE as a leader in digital currency mining and diversifies our revenue with a highly liquid currency,” commented Harry Pokrandt, President, CEO and a Director at HIVE. “Our new Bitcoin facility will be among the most energy-efficient and largest Bitcoin mining farms in Europe. This facility will complement our large-scale GPU-based facilities being built in Sweden and currently operating in Iceland, and allow us to diversify from mining GPU-driven consensus algorithms to also include SHA-256 consensus algorithms. Sweden, like Iceland, is an excellent jurisdiction for HIVE with its abundant cheap electricity, good governance, and cool climate."
#WeTheNorth
Nov 25, 2016
79 posts
38 upvotes
I was looking for a blockchain investing group and found this one. I'm pretty surprised that the last post is from dec 13th. I thought that It would have a lot more interest in this technology. I know that MJ is the hot topic right now but blochain tech will be crazy for the next 10 years. I hope this group will pick up steam in the coming months.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2006
1295 posts
238 upvotes
Picked up some AKE - looks under the radar
I am a friendly Koodo customer and AMEX customer.
Nov 25, 2016
79 posts
38 upvotes
I know that everybody can do their DD put It would be nice when you pick a stock to tell us why you did make this particular choice. Don't need to be very long but the main points of your decision.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2011
1929 posts
312 upvotes
GTA
I like the first mover blockchain company called BTL Group - they came out with the Interbit platform for enterprise level blockchain... they have tested this successfully with VISA & BP (top dog clients)...
-they also have NO debt
Can def see them being a HUGE player in the blockchain era
Nov 25, 2016
79 posts
38 upvotes
I also own BTL among many others. I started buying into blockchain during the crash on the Dec 22. Got it at 10$ when they crashed from the 18.90$ high just days before that. I had seen their names at the top of each canadian blockchain lists but at firt, I thought they were too expensive and I was too late.

But after research, I also think they will be very successful and it's only the beginning of their rise. It is my "bluechip" among my blockchain stocks that I own even though, it is still very speculative. I think their name will be changed to Interbit Inc. at the end of the month to be more represenntative to what they are. I love that they have very little shares float at about 20 millions. I would have liked to buy them sooner (at their 4.90$ financing price) but I reacted slowly in this blockchain revolution.

But after doing research in the last month, I think the upside to companies that have real infrastructure/products incorporating blockchain tech will do incredibly well for many years to come. It is only the start.

Here is an interesting youtube video that explains how blockchain technology will change many industries.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2011
1929 posts
312 upvotes
GTA
natrill wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 6:45 pm
I also own BTL among many others. I started buying into blockchain during the crash on the Dec 22. Got it at 10$ when they crashed from the 18.90$ high just days before that. I had seen their names at the top of each canadian blockchain lists but at firt, I thought they were too expensive and I was too late.

But after research, I also think they will be very successful and it's only the beginning of their rise. It is my "bluechip" among my blockchain stocks that I own even though, it is still very speculative. I think their name will be changed to Interbit Inc. at the end of the month to be more represenntative to what they are. I love that they have very little shares float at about 20 millions. I would have liked to buy them sooner (at their 4.90$ financing price) but I reacted slowly in this blockchain revolution.

But after doing research in the last month, I think the upside to companies that have real infrastructure/products incorporating blockchain tech will do incredibly well for many years to come. It is only the start.

Here is an interesting youtube video that explains how blockchain technology will change many industries.
agreed that btl group is a blue chip. I can see BTL group being the amazon of blockchain tech....
Dec 31, 2015
415 posts
48 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I used to really like BTL before it blew up and now I'm having a hard time justifying getting back in at these prices.
Nov 25, 2016
79 posts
38 upvotes
What do you mean by "before it blew up" ? Do you mean before it went from almost 20 to 10. If so, it should be more easy to justify the entry at these lower prices than those from some weeks ago. It ran to 20$ too quickly but now at 13-14 dollars should be a good entry point. But, as I said in another message, this is speculative and very volatile because of the low float but if you are on a blockchain subforum, you should be aware of that. It's not BCE or TD but the risk reward is very interesting and if you really are interested in blockchain, this company is by far the less risky of them all. Personaly, I will buy more if it dips around 12$.

Good luck
Dec 31, 2015
415 posts
48 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Sorry should have phrased it better. I was looking at it when it was around $3ish.
Nov 25, 2016
79 posts
38 upvotes
If you were not sure at 3$, I totally understand why you would pass at 14$ :)
Nov 25, 2016
79 posts
38 upvotes
Here is another blockchain company that i really like and bought last friday at .32$.

Leonovus (LTV)
240 millions shares
80 millions market cap
stock price : 33 cents

This is a security company that have been developing their solution for the past several years and invested more than 20 millions in it. They also recently made a partnership to integrate blockchain in their existing solution to make it even more secure and decentralised.

To understand how this works, watch this video :

https://www.midasletter.com/2018/01/vid ... -software/

They had a 14 millions financing a few months ago at 50 cents and the stock price is now 33 cents. The new money will serve to help market the solution and hire sales people. The goal of the CEO is to have 100 millions in revenue in the next 36 months. It is a very lofty goal that will not be easy to achieve but if he succeeds, the stock price will be worth a lot more than what it is.

For me, just the fact that a group of investors that knows the company alot more than me were willing to put 14 millions at 50 cents makes me think that the stock will at least be a double from the actual stock price in the next year, if the market in general continue to be good.

The only negative that I see short term is that during the month of january, there will be some very inexpensive warrants (below 10 cents) that may be exerciced by their owners, putting pression on the stock price. So, it is possible that we will see under 30 cents for a couple of days. If this is the case, I will be buying a little more.

So, if you are interested, DO YOUR OWN DD. I think this one has potential. If you know the company and would like to add something, especially negative that I might not have seen, please do.

Good luck
Feb 4, 2017
476 posts
292 upvotes
Toronto
I own both BTL and LTV. I think both companies have great potential in the future for blockchain. BTL is working with large companies such as VISA, BP, and Eni. LTV annouced a deal with national bank couple of months back. I bought them both at the dips recently.... $10 BTL and $0.3488 LTV.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 9, 2008
5276 posts
1768 upvotes
Thornhill
Watching The Western Union Company (NYSE:WU) on account of Ripple acceptance news.

--

Passing on WU. I don't quite see much value in the news as it relies too highly on Ripple speculation going too far into the future for meditate benefit.