• Dec 22nd, 2009 4:54 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 2, 2005
999 posts
2 upvotes

Bloggers looking for photography

I'm an amateur photographer and am looking to collaborate with a blogger that has an active and interesting blog that needs photography. I'm trying to build on a stock photography portfolio and would like to get some interesting subjects to shoot. For stock photography, I'm looking for interesting subject that doesn't have any branding.

I'm located in North York and would prefer someone who is close by that have things to shoot often.

Some examples would be food blogs, where you make a few dishes and I come over to shoot them. Or fashion blogs where you put together a few outfits for me to shoot in one sitting. I'm up for anything that may benefit my portfolio at this point, please feel free to share your ideas and we can go from there.

If you are interested, please reply with your blog and some information about you, your location, and what you want to achieve. Some of my recent work found in my flickr in sig

Thanks!

(mods, if this doesn't belong here, please relocate, thanks)
Flickr

Toronto lifestyle wedding photography
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2009
2087 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
PQpine413 wrote:
Dec 16th, 2009 10:57 am
I'm an amateur photographer and am looking to collaborate with a blogger that has an active and interesting blog that needs photography. I'm trying to build on a stock photography portfolio and would like to get some interesting subjects to shoot. For stock photography, I'm looking for interesting subject that doesn't have any branding.

I'm located in North York and would prefer someone who is close by that have things to shoot often.

Some examples would be food blogs, where you make a few dishes and I come over to shoot them. Or fashion blogs where you put together a few outfits for me to shoot in one sitting. I'm up for anything that may benefit my portfolio at this point, please feel free to share your ideas and we can go from there.

If you are interested, please reply with your blog and some information about you, your location, and what you want to achieve. Some of my recent work found in my flickr in sig

Thanks!

(mods, if this doesn't belong here, please relocate, thanks)
If you can't find a blogger, why don't you try that free North York paper, they're always looking for photographers to shoot events in and around North York. You can find that free paper in the local stores. I can't remember what it's called, but all the photos inside are printed in colour.
Banned
Nov 19, 2005
2985 posts
1 upvote
Markham/Kingston
Xeros wrote:
Dec 16th, 2009 11:08 pm
If you can't find a blogger, why don't you try that free North York paper, they're always looking for photographers to shoot events in and around North York. You can find that free paper in the local stores. I can't remember what it's called, but all the photos inside are printed in colour.
SNAP?

That paper is oh so boring. Every event they cover just features the same boring photo of the people just standing in a line.

*yawn*

[IMG]http://images.snapnewspapers.com/p/5768 ... 5c16cd4abc[/IMG]
Toronto Wedding, Fashion & Lifestyle Photographer
www.spencerfu.com
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2005
2724 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
sfu_engineer wrote:
Dec 16th, 2009 11:46 pm
SNAP?

That paper is oh so boring. Every event they cover just features the same boring photo of the people just standing in a line.

*yawn*

nothing wrong with ol'school photography!

sure it's "boring" at times.... but effective at times as well !

Do you really want cool modern candids for business related pictures all the time?
Reference:
100% POSITIVE FEEDBACK!
Heatware: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=41978
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2219 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
tdotcbc84 wrote:
Dec 17th, 2009 10:06 am
nothing wrong with ol'school photography!

sure it's "boring" at times.... but effective at times as well !

Do you really want cool modern candids for business related pictures all the time?
thats why if corp gigs didnt pay as well as they do i woulda opted out of that fo sho

business events = line em up and shoot and switch and shoot...

flat light required. its just not fun when your biggest concern is making sure their eyes are open lol. thats just not enough stress for me =p
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2009
2087 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
sfu_engineer wrote:
Dec 16th, 2009 11:46 pm
SNAP?

*yawn*

Sure it's a boring paper, but the guy is looking for stuff to shoot. No reason why he can't get a little exposure on his work through a free paper.

Plus, if he can get more creative than lining up his subjects against a firing wall all the better for him.
[OP]
Mar 2, 2005
999 posts
2 upvotes
getting model releases would be tough though
Flickr

Feb 17, 2007
892 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Xeros wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2009 1:04 pm
Sure it's a boring paper, but the guy is looking for stuff to shoot. No reason why he can't get a little exposure on his work through a free paper.

Plus, if he can get more creative than lining up his subjects against a firing wall all the better for him.
+1 better than no experience/practice at all.

You don't need model release you're shooting editorial photos. Imagine if you had to get a model release from everyone!

Have you tried posting on craigslist? That is one of the best ways to get real portfolio pieces but at the same time you might get flamed. I remember doing that years ago and it worked very well... but I also got 10-20 replies flaming me for doing free work and saying I'm the reason why photographers can't get jobs.
[OP]
Mar 2, 2005
999 posts
2 upvotes
ricsad wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2009 2:57 pm
+1 better than no experience/practice at all.

You don't need model release you're shooting editorial photos. Imagine if you had to get a model release from everyone!

Have you tried posting on craigslist? That is one of the best ways to get real portfolio pieces but at the same time you might get flamed. I remember doing that years ago and it worked very well... but I also got 10-20 replies flaming me for doing free work and saying I'm the reason why photographers can't get jobs.
I want to put together a stock portfolio to get a foot into microstock. I know people have their opinion about microstock being a terrible business model and all but that's a whole different discussion. I think submitting it as editorial would limit the sales.

I'll only do work that will benefit my portfolio and can sell on stock sites. So I get my practice and shots I can sell, and the blogger gets some photography for his/her blog

Also, I've posted a similar post on craigslist but haven't gotten any replies. :(
Flickr