None
Banned
Dec 17, 2012
2084 posts
276 upvotes
TORONTO
SuperDuperFox wrote:
Jul 14th, 2015 2:33 pm
I don't know, a nav-point sounds like the quintessential "hand-holder". Telling you exactly where to go. It doesn't get much worse than that (except maybe a line to show how to get there as well lol).

What does "accessible" mean?
Hand holding implies the game is/will be easy because of a feature. I highly doubt Bloodborne is an easier game if you have a nav-point saying where to go and if you truly believe that would make it easy, then the game isn't very hard is it? You still have to play the game and kill the things in your way, you'll just get there faster and in return it'll be more accessible for people to get into and play. Some people don't want to spend hours exploring (and a game like this isn't one for them if so) . But let's be honest, anyone who wants a nav-point can simply read a guide online and know where to go.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5820 posts
708 upvotes
Grimsby
Do you own a copy of this game?

The game would be a lot easier if you had nav points because significant portions of it are nonlinear. Markers for items, quests and so on would render other aspects of the game less challenging. The game is very hard because of a variety of factors, many of them intertwined. It's not as simple as you're implying nor is it as simple as that comic from the prior page says. It was just a joke to emphasize how far some other games have gone with UI based assistance.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4735 posts
603 upvotes
Hiitsdj wrote:
Jul 14th, 2015 2:04 pm
Sound a lot to me like you just don't explore if you don't need too, which is a personal problem. You don't need to speed run games.
Giving players the tools and telling them to ignore them if they don't want to use them is not a solution. I don't have a speed run problem but when a game tells me to go somewhere I'm going to go somewhere.

Bloodbourne really rewards you for exploring every nook and cranny and it forces you to do it to advance through the game. Thier are surprises everywhere It keeps the player engaged in the game instead of holding their hand through it and ultimately its far more satisfying then most games that are out nowadays.

It's not about making the game easier or hard, it's about challenging the player to figure these things out on his own through exploration and trial and error
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
275 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
Hiitsdj wrote:
Jul 14th, 2015 2:51 pm
Hand holding implies the game is/will be easy because of a feature. I highly doubt Bloodborne is an easier game if you have a nav-point saying where to go and if you truly believe that would make it easy, then the game isn't very hard is it? You still have to play the game and kill the things in your way, you'll just get there faster and in return it'll be more accessible for people to get into and play. Some people don't want to spend hours exploring (and a game like this isn't one for them if so) . But let's be honest, anyone who wants a nav-point can simply read a guide online and know where to go.
You're right, the actual fights won't be any easier with nav points, but you will miss out on some lessons and concepts. Here's an example. In Yharnam, the main bridge has 2 werewolves leading up to the boss gate. EVERYBODY used to complain about them, they are very VERY powerful for a starting character to handle - the first werewolf in clinic was only like 25%HP, these guys are full HP. I think I remember someone traded the game in because he couldn't kill those two wolves LOL.

The whole point was to force you to seek the alternative path from the other side of bridge and bypass the 2 wolves completely - Bloodborne is basically breaking our habit of running directly to our destination in the quickest path available (something NAV points usually do).
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
4007 posts
425 upvotes
Toronto
Is anyone here good that this game and possibly close to Ajax?

I noticed a posting on Kijiji from a dad with an autistic son that is having trouble with the game and needs someone to go over and help him defeat a boss called Vicar Amelia. I haven't played the game so I wouldn't be of help anyway but thought maybe someone here might be able to help the guy out. I don't know him or anything just thought this is a place to find someone good enough at the game to help. He offered money if that's something anyone would want that but seems like something nice to do to help out the kid.

Here is a link if anyone needs it. Reply at your own risk, this has nothing do to with me and I can't vouch for anything.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sony-playstation ... nFlag=true
Oct 20, 2012
946 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
The kid is just going to run into trouble later on again anyways.. seems like a poor choice of a game if resorting to just have someone else beat an early boss for him.

Though, would definitely be easier to just shareplay with someone so they can defeat the boss from anywhere lol.
Mar 31, 2015
120 posts
36 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
Twoapplesnbanana wrote:
Nov 24th, 2015 8:11 pm
The kid is just going to run into trouble later on again anyways.. seems like a poor choice of a game if resorting to just have someone else beat an early boss for him.

Though, would definitely be easier to just shareplay with someone so they can defeat the boss from anywhere lol.
I agree. I just got past Vicar and the game difficultly just spiked. I'm surprised the kid made it that far.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2032 posts
190 upvotes
Vicar seems to be a real challenge for a lot of people, but then most seem fine until the end or Martyr.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5820 posts
708 upvotes
Grimsby
I thought Vicar was an easy fight, one shotted it without really taking much damage. I suspect people just have problems with it because you can sort of progression break and go to it before you're "intended" to do so. Martyr Logarius on the other hand is a really cool, tough fight.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2009
2575 posts
189 upvotes
Redmask wrote:
Nov 25th, 2015 10:40 am
I thought Vicar was an easy fight, one shotted it without really taking much damage. I suspect people just have problems with it because you can sort of progression break and go to it before you're "intended" to do so. Martyr Logarius on the other hand is a really cool, tough fight.
Heh quite the opposite for me, took me one take for Logarius but a few attempts on Amelia.

I reached out to that father, recommended getting PS+ so his son could summon people all he wanted. He told me his son had already beat Dark Souls 1 & 2 so I think it's a matter of getting used to Bloodborne mechanics or reaching the boss earlier than intended like Red said.
Sep 23, 2003
55 posts
kindred_99 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2015 6:20 pm
Is anyone here good that this game and possibly close to Ajax?

I noticed a posting on Kijiji from a dad with an autistic son that is having trouble with the game and needs someone to go over and help him defeat a boss called Vicar Amelia. I haven't played the game so I wouldn't be of help anyway but thought maybe someone here might be able to help the guy out. I don't know him or anything just thought this is a place to find someone good enough at the game to help. He offered money if that's something anyone would want that but seems like something nice to do to help out the kid.

Here is a link if anyone needs it. Reply at your own risk, this has nothing do to with me and I can't vouch for anything.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sony-playstation ... nFlag=true
blzn wrote:
Nov 25th, 2015 6:53 pm
Heh quite the opposite for me, took me one take for Logarius but a few attempts on Amelia.

I reached out to that father, recommended getting PS+ so his son could summon people all he wanted. He told me his son had already beat Dark Souls 1 & 2 so I think it's a matter of getting used to Bloodborne mechanics or reaching the boss earlier than intended like Red said.
Hey folks - "that father" here (forgot I had a redflagdeals account). Thanks for all the tips and suggestions that came through. I passed them along to my son and he beat that boss this evening.

Cheers and thanks again.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7067 posts
390 upvotes
I know it's an old thread, but I'm just posting this to express my dislike for this game. I really don't understand what the hype was/is all about, especially with it being game of the year on many polls. After playing it for about 4 hours, I think it's so awful, that I'm not even sure I'll ever go back to it. Extremely repetitive and uninspired, always low on health and forced to go through the same area 100 times defeating the same enemies that respawn in the exact spot over and over. I can just go on and on......