Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] BLU R1 Plus, 3GB RAM, 32GB, 4000mAh, 5.5" but only 720x1280 resolution - $140

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2017 8:11 am
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15541 posts
982 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 11:54 am
Please confirm if it is indeed a Nougat update for your Blu phone.
Is there a way for me to confirm what it is without installing? (I don't have the bandwidth to spare for 500mb right now)

I've already done a google search of the version number listed in the Wireless Update app but nothing came up.

The only reason I figured it was a Nougat update is because I have no idea what else would need that big of a download.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
11036 posts
1718 upvotes
Toronto
NG wrote:
May 19th, 2017 12:42 pm
Is there a way for me to confirm what it is without installing? (I don't have the bandwidth to spare for 500mb right now)

I've already done a google search of the version number listed in the Wireless Update app but nothing came up.

The only reason I figured it was a Nougat update is because I have no idea what else would need that big of a download.
Don't think there's any way to confirm before downloading it.

The latest patch for the R1 Plus to fix the multitouch issue is around 400 MB in size.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
11036 posts
1718 upvotes
Toronto
Are there any cases available for this Blu phone yet?
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15541 posts
982 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 12:44 pm
The latest patch for the R1 Plus to fix the multitouch issue is around 400 MB in size.
Wow...I had no idea. Quite possibly not Nougat then. The wireless update does list Google security patches and system app updates.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
2787 posts
603 upvotes
BC
Kurtz7834 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 12:52 pm
Are there any cases available for this Blu phone yet?
Blu support will send you one for free because of their mess up at launch. It came quickly and its okay, I'm using it now.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
1372 posts
191 upvotes
Feegus wrote:
May 19th, 2017 1:10 pm
Blu support will send you one for free because of their mess up at launch. It came quickly and its okay, I'm using it now.
From reading some of the reviews on Amazon, it appeared many of them did not receive the case.

Are the battery drain issues resolved as well?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
2787 posts
603 upvotes
BC
kenvin100 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 1:33 pm
From reading some of the reviews on Amazon, it appeared many of them did not receive the case.

Are the battery drain issues resolved as well?
Yeah, that's why they are sending out free cases.

I never did have battery issues tbh and I was looking for that since it would be a deal breaker obviously. Battery has been great for me. I've put in another order since I'll save $26 compared to the US launch sale.

Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
2787 posts
603 upvotes
BC
What the heck??!

I bought the US deal for this phone a few weeks ago but since the price difference is about $26 to this new deal I was going to return that one and rebuy it.

I just got off of Amazon chat to see if they would be willing to send me a prepaid shipping label and he just went ahead and processed the return and told me to just keep the phone.

That's $184.38 cad they just waved off !
Dec 10, 2014
400 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Feegus wrote:
May 19th, 2017 4:35 pm
What the heck??!

I bought the US deal for this phone a few weeks ago but since the price difference is about $26 to this new deal I was going to return that one and rebuy it.

I just got off of Amazon chat to see if they would be willing to send me a prepaid shipping label and he just went ahead and processed the return and told me to just keep the phone.

Feegus sticking it to the man!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4160 posts
2438 upvotes
Toronto
Feegus wrote:
What the heck??!

Damn, lucky.
Dec 14, 2006
395 posts
73 upvotes
Lucky!
I'm trying right now and they're just giving me a shipping label.
Feegus wrote:
What the heck??!

Feb 28, 2017
196 posts
264 upvotes
Seems only the 32GB available
Only dead fish go with the flow.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1144 posts
432 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Feegus wrote:
May 19th, 2017 1:47 pm
Yeah, that's why they are sending out free cases.

I never did have battery issues tbh and I was looking for that since it would be a deal breaker obviously. Battery has been great for me. I've put in another order since I'll save $26 compared to the US launch sale.

Thanks OP
Sending out free cases ? The 16GB version shows the protective case.. But the 32GB version does not list it as something that normally "comes" with it (but shows a screen protector instead).. Do you have to call or email them some info to get the free case ?

BTW: The dual sims, are they 2 independent sims, that can both be active simultaneously. Or is it 1 standby.. And is 1 a shared slot with SD card (like some other phones) ? For those that have this phone, is there an option in the settings to choose which sim is the defautl for phone/sms/data ? Can you turn each sim on/off individually ? I know on my acer Zest plus when I have 2 sims, I can turn them on independantly, and choose which sim is default for phone calls, which default for SMS, and which default for data, all independently. Just curious, since at this price, I may just get one of these to replace the wife's MotoG2.

Thnx
yellowtuna wrote:
May 19th, 2017 8:18 pm
Seems only the 32GB available
16GB shows in stock also for me, but it's more expensive than the 32GB version.. Amazon stock changes often.
Mar 21, 2016
275 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
Feegus wrote:
What the heck??!

..... I guess you can cancel the CDN order?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)