Sports & Recreation

Blue Mountain - intermediate(blue colour) runs difficulty ranking order?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2017 5:13 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
2843 posts
218 upvotes
Mississauga

Blue Mountain - intermediate(blue colour) runs difficulty ranking order?

Hi,

This is more for those that go to Blue Mountain a lot and have been on most of the runs.
I was just wondering if anyone can give a quick ordering from easier to more difficult for the intermediate(blue colour) runs as I am progressing into those now and want to do it in gradual steps to learn.

Apple Bowl
Butternut
Cruiser
Dr. Doug
Fall Line
Finally
Founders
Juicer
Legacy
L-Hill
Smart Alec
Sunrise
Tranquility
Waterfall

Thanks in advance.
2 replies
Oct 3, 2006
162 posts
6 upvotes
North York
I've tried all the runs although I haven't gone there much for the last couple of years.
From my memory and as a snowboarder: difficulty level is not that different from each other but some comments from South to North:

Fall Line (don't remember anything distinct about the next 4... Fall Line might be slightly steeper in the middle...)
Juicer
Finally
Founders
Butternut (fun blue, some nice rolling sections where you can get some air with speed)

Waterfall (other then the section that is usually bumpy in the middle, this one is more of a green, some good side hits available)
Cruiser (slightly steeper then Sunrise but both wide open and have fairly consistent pitch)
Sunrise
Dr. Doug (mostly green except for the slightly "narrower" steeper part)
L-Hill (don't remember much about this one)

Tranquility (these 2 are similar)
Smart Alec

Legacy (I don't like this run because I find it's normally bumpy... I only ride it to go to a different lift)
Apple Bowl (don't remember much about this one)

Personally, I'd start with the blues off the Orchard, then Southern Comfort, then Silver Bullet.

And don't be afraid to try the blacks as well as I find most of them at Blue are steep for 50 ~ 100 feet and then it's similar to blues.
Have fun and ride safely~ :-)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
2843 posts
218 upvotes
Mississauga
cloud82 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 5:08 pm
I've tried all the runs although I haven't gone there much for the last couple of years.
From my memory and as a snowboarder: difficulty level is not that different from each other but some comments from South to North:

Fall Line (don't remember anything distinct about the next 4... Fall Line might be slightly steeper in the middle...)
Juicer
Finally
Founders
Butternut (fun blue, some nice rolling sections where you can get some air with speed)

Waterfall (other then the section that is usually bumpy in the middle, this one is more of a green, some good side hits available)
Cruiser (slightly steeper then Sunrise but both wide open and have fairly consistent pitch)
Sunrise
Dr. Doug (mostly green except for the slightly "narrower" steeper part)
L-Hill (don't remember much about this one)

Tranquility (these 2 are similar)
Smart Alec

Legacy (I don't like this run because I find it's normally bumpy... I only ride it to go to a different lift)
Apple Bowl (don't remember much about this one)

Personally, I'd start with the blues off the Orchard, then Southern Comfort, then Silver Bullet.

And don't be afraid to try the blacks as well as I find most of them at Blue are steep for 50 ~ 100 feet and then it's similar to blues.
Have fun and ride safely~ :-)
Thank you!
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel