• Aug 5th, 2017 6:50 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7621 posts
849 upvotes

Blue Nile - Resize

So I need to get my engagement ring resized and it's purchased from Blue Nile. Has anyone had any experiences doing this?
Apparently I am responsible for shipping back, and then they will ship to me for free.

What carrier did you use for insuring the ring? Just Canada Post, or are one of the other carriers better. I suppose trying to get insurance for something for thousands of dollars may be rather expensive.
11 replies
Nov 18, 2015
276 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto, ON
there's a vietnemese jewelery store in China town that can do resizing while you wait.

Just pay 20 or 30 bucks out of pocket. safer than sending it all the way back to BN
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6821 posts
998 upvotes
Did it localled too. Too much trouble to send back and may not be worth the mailing cost or risk of loosing it in transportation.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7621 posts
849 upvotes
I should probably update in case anyone ever tries to search this. I was able to drop it off to their Toronto jeweller who does this (in the diamond district). Their turnaround time was impressive. No $$ out of pocket.
Aug 3, 2017
9 posts
HBP wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 8:36 pm
I should probably update in case anyone ever tries to search this. I was able to drop it off to their Toronto jeweller who does this (in the diamond district). Their turnaround time was impressive. No $$ out of pocket.
I looked At engagement rings off here? Do people actually order online rings? I just had the same ring quoted to me from the site and it was like 2k more than the site. It was a private jeweller but crazy
Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
7898 posts
953 upvotes
Markham
KendrickStone wrote:
May 26th, 2017 11:22 am
there's a vietnemese jewelery store in China town that can do resizing while you wait.

Just pay 20 or 30 bucks out of pocket. safer than sending it all the way back to BN
How safe and legit are those stores is another problem.
My question is if we can switch your diamond to something else, etc?
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
7898 posts
953 upvotes
Markham
I bought both my engagement ring and wedding bands online.
Retailers are a joke, they try to push me to buy 14k gold for my wedding band. Wife wants platinum, but they don't carry it and keep push to 14k gold.
For the engagement ring, I shopped local too. You can get way better diamond with your money that those in retails.

Go check at the Ask me anything about engagement rings thread in RFD.
Last edited by MP3_SKY on Aug 4th, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 3, 2017
9 posts
MP3_SKY wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 3:49 pm
Retailers are a joke, they try to push me to buy 14k gold for my wedding bang. Wife wants platinum, but they don't carry it and keep push to 14k gold.
For the engagement ring, I shopped local too. You can get way better diamond with your money that those in retails.

What site did you use for the engagement ring? I'm looking at blue nile and Brian gavin
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
7898 posts
953 upvotes
Markham
Pbonz18 wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 4:08 pm
What site did you use for the engagement ring? I'm looking at blue nile and Brian gavin
Bluenile and if you buy from there, don't forget Ebates.
Shipping was quick, got it in about few days from Seattle. Shipped by FedEx.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6821 posts
998 upvotes
That is what we did too and is a must for people that are getting the engagement ring already, you wouldn't find a better match or price for the band, get them both at once.
MP3_SKY wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 3:49 pm
Retailers are a joke, they try to push me to buy 14k gold for my wedding band. Wife wants platinum, but they don't carry it and keep push to 14k gold.

Aug 3, 2017
9 posts
hdom wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 5:20 pm
That is what we did too and is a must for people that are getting the engagement ring already, you wouldn't find a better match or price for the band, get them both at once.
Are you referring to online?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6821 posts
998 upvotes
Unless you are not entirely sure she is going to accept your proposal or not, it is always better and easiler down the road to get both rings as a set online or in store. This way you will have a perfect match in look and you can usually bargain more with a bigger purchase in store or if online, the wedding bend is usually still cheaper online and you only pay shipping once.
Pbonz18 wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 11:15 am
Are you referring to online?