Bluenile.ca - review

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2012 10:43 pm
Tags:
Sep 13, 2009
373 posts
6 upvotes
Lots of happy stories in this thread!

Bluenile is a great alternative to the local stores in Toronto if you're willing to not see your diamond in person before making a purchase. But as some of the PS members have already mentioned in this thread, places like GOG and WF do offer a more competitive price than BN :)
Jan 4, 2009
118 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
GSRee wrote: Assuming Bluenile does give one, I guess it depends on whether you think something will happen to the ring. If you don't, use the Bluenile appraisal to pay a lower premium. If you do, use the local appraisal as it will likely give a higher value, which will mean a higher premium, but then also a higher payout if the ring is ever lost or whatever.

And of course if Bluenile doesn't give you one, then I'd definitely recommend getting one done locally.
Thanks GSRee!
Aug 13, 2006
149 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
After weeks a research and reading a number of posts including this one I decided to purchase my ring though Blue Nile and I couldn’t be happier with the results. I did dozens of comparisons nothing could be beat the value of Blue Nile in fact most wholesales and gemologist (Forget about retailers) that I went to see couldn’t even provide me a diamond that meet my specs. They all said they had to check with their Belgium office. Not with Blue Nile, they had the ring I wanted in the spec I wanted and the customer service reps were excellent. I don’t think I had to wait more than to two rings to get a hold of someone and I must have called them a half dozen times. When I did get my ring appraised by Harold Weinstein their appraisal was higher on all subjective categorizes (clarity, color) and matched on cut and carrot.
For anyone that is sitting on the fence with Blue Nile, don’t they are great and I would highly recommend them.

PM me if you want more info about my experience with Blue Nile.
Dec 16, 2010
1 posts
vancouver
Hi, im really new to this so please be kind :p ... i live in vancouver canada n ive been window shoppn for an engagement ring for my gf.. and i rili have no clue what to buy, only thing i kno is my budget of 5k.. i came acros of this bluenice.ca website and they seem to have descent selections but to be honest, ive nvr bought anything on the intrnet but the rings they offer rili makes me want to throw caution n maybe get the ring from them... i need some advice.. im proposing on new years n i still yet 2 buy the ring..
thank you so much!
Jan 26, 2011
730 posts
635 upvotes
Gatineau
One more thing for BlueNile, the website lets you pay in Canadian dollars. Of course, they adjust the prices depending on the dollar value, but in the end, you don't have to pay 2.5% more on your credit card because it's in US currency. 2.5% on a $1,000 is 25$ so it quickly adds-up.

I also had a very good experience with this website, and I recommend it to everyone. The jewelers badmouth it, but overall, you get more for less, that's what people on this forum want.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
1269 posts
258 upvotes
whiteflame wrote: Lots of happy stories in this thread!

Bluenile is a great alternative to the local stores in Toronto if you're willing to not see your diamond in person before making a purchase. But as some of the PS members have already mentioned in this thread, places like GOG and WF do offer a more competitive price than BN :)

What is GOG and WF?
Dec 29, 2011
420 posts
28 upvotes
SASKATOON
Bought my wife's engagement ring from them in 2005. All duty and whatnot is included in the final cost. FedEx had it to me in two days. Went and had it appraised and it came back to be worth twice what I paid, which was nice . As opposed to the wedding band bought locally that was appraised for 25% less.

I will use them again.