Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
BMO

AIR MILES WORLD ELITE MC, 3000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months + companion flight rebate, FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2022 2:35 am
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2568 posts
1093 upvotes
1st statement, received 1000 BAM.
2nd statement generated yesterday, received 2000 BAM
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
1165 posts
199 upvotes
superbigjay wrote: Thats cool.
Strange thing is that you seem to have received the 3000 BAM all at once instead of 1000 + 2000 ...

You also got the 120 credit for the annual fee?
I hadn't thought to look, but the 3000 came as a 1000 + 2000, but both were received in the AM account on the same day (Jan. 8th).

And YES, the annual fee credit came through the same day as the charge for it - also January 8th. Woo hoo!
Oct 29, 2018
279 posts
158 upvotes
barto wrote: I hadn't thought to look, but the 3000 came as a 1000 + 2000, but both were received in the AM account on the same day (Jan. 8th).

And YES, the annual fee credit came through the same day as the charge for it - also January 8th. Woo hoo!
Did your air miles count as earned towards 2019 status?
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
1165 posts
199 upvotes
trmc604 wrote: Did your air miles count as earned towards 2019 status?
All these good questions I hadn't thought to look into...

Under my "Gold Status" link, it says I've earned 3368 miles this calendar year and have achieved Gold status. I've never made it to Onyx before, so maybe this year is the year to hit 6000...
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
2737 posts
363 upvotes
For the companion pass to work, do you have to pay the taxes/fees w/ this card, or can it be with any card?

Didn't see anything in the T&C about having to use the BMO WE AM, but might've missed it.
Oct 29, 2018
279 posts
158 upvotes
barto wrote: All these good questions I hadn't thought to look into...

Under my "Gold Status" link, it says I've earned 3368 miles this calendar year and have achieved Gold status. I've never made it to Onyx before, so maybe this year is the year to hit 6000...
Awesome. I just looked myself and I have 3200 earned this year with my 3000 bonus miles not including shop the block
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2975 posts
2003 upvotes
montreal
trmc604 wrote: Did your air miles count as earned towards 2019 status?
If the date of the BAM is in 2019, these will count to get Onyx for 2020...

But it this is the case, the Onyx should be granted early enough in 2019 ...

3000 for the card.
At least 300 regular airmiles to spend that 3000$ (1 am per 10$).
Probably 2000 bam for stb ( if you did it).
Leaving you with only 700 miles to go (or less) to get the 2020 Onyx in advance ....
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12735 posts
6256 upvotes
Sepharite wrote: Companion Flight Rebate = Free flight for the wife?
Nope. Business trip with the girlfriend. Wife stays home.
Nov 23, 2018
168 posts
165 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote: Nope. Business trip with the girlfriend. Wife stays home.
You would think the wife will stay home alone....was to good not to reply....but all on the good spirit :)
Jun 12, 2010
844 posts
182 upvotes
Vancouver
Can I use PayTM to pay tuition for the entire minimum spend with the AM MC WE without any transaction fees?
Aug 5, 2018
566 posts
872 upvotes
wiffle wrote: Can I use PayTM to pay tuition for the entire minimum spend with the AM MC WE without any transaction fees?
PayTM does not allow tuition payments with credit cards.

You can check yourself right now before applying.
Only bank account debit is allowed.
Dec 21, 2006
288 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
So use this card on PayTm will be no extra fee? It is around 1% cashback.
Aug 5, 2018
566 posts
872 upvotes
maple168 wrote: So use this card on PayTm will be no extra fee? It is around 1% cashback.
Any mastercard will get 0 fee on payTM.

This card is good to use on payTM for getting the signup bonus. But there are other cards such as rogers WE for 1.75% cashback
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3432 posts
1397 upvotes
Lévis
Don't know what's wrong with CC but they seems to all sux. GF asked for this card weeks agos and no news. She probably have to waste time calling and my guess is she,s going to be told to apply again...
Had the same problems few years ago with tangerine (and another problem). Applied for the second time for CT WE before christmas and no news.

Well, UPS alos sux so maybe it's not only CC...
Pourquoi pas?
Penalty Box
Jul 6, 2018
1044 posts
1990 upvotes
SPARTACVS wrote: Don't know what's wrong with CC but they seems to all sux. GF asked for this card weeks agos and no news. She probably have to waste time calling and my guess is she,s going to be told to apply again...
Had the same problems few years ago with tangerine (and another problem). Applied for the second time for CT WE before christmas and no news.

Well, UPS alos sux so maybe it's not only CC...
Nah. I just called and was approved instantly over the phone. Even though I applied online and was told it was approved. Apparently that was a lie.

After the phone call it came in mail, canada post letter mail, in about a week. Was literally a 5 second phone call.

Yo itz teh sux but u know how the GFs b lol
Nov 23, 2018
168 posts
165 upvotes
Question: Using the BMO WE for vacation packages like Vegas (flight + hotel) will the 15% apply on the redtag.airmiles link? Anyone has the answer?
Dec 11, 2018
6 posts
2 upvotes
nlsaver wrote: I have a blue airmiles mastercard, I'm guessing my hubby can sign up for this deal and use my airmiles number or is that a no-go? I am currently using the blue one for the 25 transactions for shop the block, does the elite one work for that too (not this time, but for future stb promos). I 'm just wondering if I should cancel my blue one at some point to get this kind of deal. Also wondering the timing, as we get a free year plus a free companion ticket - when do you need to book companion ticket by and do you need to wait to get the points back before cancelling the card. Thanks
Hi - I know I'm new here but if someone could help me with above questions that would be great.