Expired Hot Deals

[BMO] AIR MILES WORLD ELITE MC, 3000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months + companion flight rebate, FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2019 12:21 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
8652 posts
6102 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
ilove wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 1:32 am
I just applied for this card and got approved...The application asked for an AM collector number ("optional"). I didn't have an AM account so left it blank. When am I able to select between cash vs. dream miles?
See My Reply # 387

This is definitely problematic
Unless you have an AirMiles Account linked up to your AMs CC you won’t be getting AirMiles
Including the sign up Bonuses

Really should have signed up for an AMs Account BEFORE you applied for the CC

A chat with the Issuer May resolve it though... but it’s kind of like putting the cart before the horse
You’ll probably get there eventually
Be it slower and arse backwards
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
8652 posts
6102 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
superbigjay wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 6:06 am
I tough airmiles was only offering flights?
(No vacation pack)
See my Reply # 387

Vacation Pkgs are back
AirTransat Travel Group Agreement ended in December 2018
AirMiles has a NEW Travel Partner now
Info is on their Website under TRAVEL Tab
As well as discussed in the OP of the RFD AirMiles 2019 General Discussion Thread
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
8652 posts
6102 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
mzmoney wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 12:28 pm
General AM Redemption Questions:

1. Am assuming AM Redemption # Miles differs based on supply/demand too vs flat AM amount based on distance?

2. Taxes + surcharge+fees: are taxes comparable to airline sites or AM inflated + are there AM additional booking fees?

Thanks @superbigjay
See My Reply # 387

1- Works on a bunch of variables. Base Rate (Minimum Amount for Distance Travelled). Flights & Seats Availability based on AMs Status (Blue - Gold - Onyx). As well as supply & demand. As Seats sell out and prices increase, so do the number of AMs required
Status & Higher CCs give discount percentages. Also access to some Last Minute Deals etc. Example: Amex Reserve Card gives access to a broader pool of flights at 770 AMs / $ 100 Cdn on everything... including Taxes & Fees as well as Business Class.

2- Fees & Taxes are based on cash fares. The website lets you actually plug in and look at each simultaneously... Cash fare vs Dream Miles fare. No Booking Fees if you book online. Booking Fees if you use an Agent. Booking Fees waived with Onyx Status or Higher CCs

NOTE - BMO AMs WE MC is the best card for earning miles... but AMEX AMs Reserve is the best Card for redeeming.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2009
1487 posts
593 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 7:17 am
See My Reply # 387

This is definitely problematic
Unless you have an AirMiles Account linked up to your AMs CC you won’t be getting AirMiles
Including the sign up Bonuses

Really should have signed up for an AMs Account BEFORE you applied for the CC

A chat with the Issuer May resolve it though... but it’s kind of like putting the cart before the horse
You’ll probably get there eventually
Be it slower and arse backwards
I wouldn't worry.

I followed this advice and got the AM number first, then applied for the BMO card. I put the AM number in the application, but BMO ignored it and created a second AM account for me anyway. So there was no point in getting the AM number first.

You don't get the welcome miles until the first statement. So as soon as you get the credit card, go in to AM and set your cash/dream preference. As long as you do it before your first statement, you're good.

If you can see the BMO card in online banking, you can see the AM number there even before you get the card under the Reward Details tab. So you can login to AM as soon as you see the BMO card in online banking, even before you get the card in the mail.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
8652 posts
6102 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
bubak wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 8:56 am
I wouldn't worry.

I followed this advice and got the AM number first, then applied for the BMO card. I put the AM number in the application, but BMO ignored it and created a second AM account for me anyway. So there was no point in getting the AM number first.

You don't get the welcome miles until the first statement. So as soon as you get the credit card, go in to AM and set your cash/dream preference. As long as you do it before your first statement, you're good.

If you can see the BMO card in online banking, you can see the AM number there even before you get the card under the Reward Details tab. So you can login to AM as soon as you see the BMO card in online banking, even before you get the card in the mail.
Good to know
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
2498 posts
99 upvotes
applied on jan 13, got my pin in 8 days, and the card came in 11 days.

and DP on how quick the first 1000 miles are posted?
May 2, 2017
202 posts
334 upvotes
smuncky wrote:
Jan 25th, 2019 8:25 am
applied on jan 13, got my pin in 8 days, and the card came in 11 days.

and DP on how quick the first 1000 miles are posted?
all bonus miles are posted a day after release of electronic statement.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1300 posts
695 upvotes
condo
If I've participate in a BMO (rewards) WE mastercard promo before, am I still eligible for the fyf on the new application to the BMO air miles WE mastercard?

Also, which of the BMO WE cards give the best return... BMO AM WE, Cashback WE or just BMO rewards WE?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
8652 posts
6102 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
tmonies wrote:
Jan 25th, 2019 10:18 am
If I've participate in a BMO (rewards) WE mastercard promo before, am I still eligible for the fyf on the new application to the BMO air miles WE mastercard?

Also, which of the BMO WE cards give the best return... BMO AM WE, Cashback WE or just BMO rewards WE?
Lol, well as this is a RFD AirMiles Topic... I think the answer would be obvious. Smiling Face With Sunglasses

But in all honesty, this is something you have to work out for yourself and how you spend & budget your money
As well as your savings & travel goals etc

So Cash Back vs Points

And stuff like, do you use a credit card for just personal or also business
If business what are your obligations / requirements imposed by that for reporting etc
Can it be together on one card, or does it need to be seperate
Does it work in that scenario

In my business life, I cannot use a Cash Back Card
Has to be a Points Card

(Not a lot of flying for business ... so not Aeroplan etc
And i’m Good to go in the Hotel Loyalty sector already)

So it came down to which Rewards Card ?

Was already an AMs Collector, so it seemed a good fit vs BMO Rewards, RBC Rewards, etc
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1300 posts
695 upvotes
condo
Thanks but I was also wondering if this FYF offer is valid for those who've previously signed up for another BMO WE type mastercard... or are those individuals no longer eligible for the promotional points and FYF offer.

PointsHubby wrote:
Jan 25th, 2019 12:34 pm
Lol, well as this is a RFD AirMiles Topic... I think the answer would be obvious. Smiling Face With Sunglasses

But in all honesty, this is something you have to work out for yourself and how you spend & budget your money
As well as your savings & travel goals etc

So Cash Back vs Points

And stuff like, do you use a credit card for just personal or also business
If business what are your obligations / requirements imposed by that for reporting etc
Can it be together on one card, or does it need to be seperate
Does it work in that scenario

In my business life, I cannot use a Cash Back Card
Has to be a Points Card

(Not a lot of flying for business ... so not Aeroplan etc
And i’m Good to go in the Hotel Loyalty sector already)

So it came down to which Rewards Card ?

Was already an AMs Collector, so it seemed a good fit vs BMO Rewards, RBC Rewards, etc
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2014
1416 posts
500 upvotes
tmonies wrote:
Jan 25th, 2019 6:21 pm
Thanks but I was also wondering if this FYF offer is valid for those who've previously signed up for another BMO WE type mastercard... or are those individuals no longer eligible for the promotional points and FYF offer.
Nah, you can get bonuses for each the BMO WE, BMO AM WE, and BMO CashBack WE
Dec 14, 2017
82 posts
117 upvotes
I just applied for this card and got approved. It'll be my second CC to churn for Air Miles. I'm just about to complete the AMEX AM Platinum MSR. This card looks like it has some really nice benefits as well.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
2498 posts
99 upvotes
just did a nice redemption for a flight to New Orleans for me and my partner.

Original price was 2800AM per person w/ $157 in fees. Regular price for that flight is $808.

w/ the 15% off miles and companion fare thanks to this card, it came out to 2380AM for 2 people and $315 in fees making it 54.7 cents/mile. Used my Scotia Passport visa to pay for the fees, so hopefully it'll be coded as travel and i can use those point to cover that charge, making the flight fully free.
Sep 8, 2018
5 posts
8 upvotes
I currently have the standard no-fee BMO airmiles mastercard ($20 = 1 airmile, and 2X miles at participating sponsors) for many years.
I've become a serious AM collector in the past 3 years (loving the Onyx) and now I'm thinking of going for the World Elite card.

A post above says even though I currently have a 'lower' card, I can still get the 3000 Bonus if I'm approved for World Elite, so that's good to know.
Any insight on if I need to cancel my current BMO Airmiles card first?

I'm currently looking for documentation that states the World Elite card still offers 15% off miles needed for flight redemption. I cannot find this documented.

To summarize my 2 questions:
1. Do I have to cancel my no-fee BMO airmiles before applying for World Elite? (I don't want to risk not getting the 3000)
2. Can anyone find a current BMO listing that references 15% less miles needed on flight redemption?

Many thanks!
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2144 posts
1172 upvotes
montreal
duranie74 wrote:
Jan 31st, 2019 8:05 pm
1. Do I have to cancel my no-fee BMO airmiles before applying for World Elite? (I don't want to risk not getting the 3000)
2. Can anyone find a current BMO listing that references 15% less miles needed on flight redemption?
the offer is specific to the AirMile World Elite.
So it is supposed to work even if you have another "variation" of BMO card.
Other people have reported that in the thread before, but too lazy to search and quote.

That BMO world elite gives you 15% (and is free the first year).
I think the business version also entitle you to 15% off flights if I remember correctly (but no waiver for first annual fee).

Have fun!