Hot Deals

[BMO] BMO World Elite Mastercard - FYF+20K Points Promotion!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2017 1:43 pm
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
36004 posts
3165 upvotes
Markham
chackhou wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 1:09 pm
The priority pass lounges aren't accessible for domestic & USA flights correct ?
Incorrect: https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Lounges ... arson-Intl

As long as you can find the lounge on there, you can use it through PP. Of course it also depends on your flight (INTL cannot go into a domestic/US lounge, etc).
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Penalty Box
Aug 26, 2001
15733 posts
466 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
What I really dislike about this card, is the requirement to use BMO's own travel reward booking website to use your points.

It's a poorly developed site (doesn't play well with ublock/ABP, has random issues in Firefox, will randomly log you out for no reason before your booking is done) and even worse: flight prices are often much worse than from other booking sites you can find by doing a Kayak search.

I have had this card for 7+ years now but I think I'll dump it before my next annual fee is charged. Although PP lounge access is useful, I'll get that back once I upgrade my Wealthsimple account to Wealthsimple black, which I'll probably do within a few months of dumping this credit card :)
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
36004 posts
3165 upvotes
Markham
chackhou wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 1:15 pm
Ah ok, thx for the quick response.

I guess it's just Montreal's (YUL) lounge that isn't accessible for USA flights.

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/lounges ... 0fb15c25bf
Wow that's one lonely lounge. Is there only one terminal in the entire airport?!
konfusion666 wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 1:59 pm
It's a poorly developed site (doesn't play well with ublock/ABP, has random issues in Firefox, will randomly log you out for no reason before your booking is done) and even worse: flight prices are often much worse than from other booking sites you can find by doing a Kayak search.
Hmm, strange, the site works fine in FF/Chrome, both with ABP. Though I will admit the site is sort of lacking...

Regarding the pricing, it's pretty comparable for me when I search for direct flights to HKG comparing to AC/Cathay, and if they have a sale going on BMO will PM their prices. I will agree that I was able to find a little cheaper ones through Chinese agencies, but it's by less than $50 usually. Too bad, but not the end of the world for me.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Penalty Box
Aug 26, 2001
15733 posts
466 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
angel_wing0 wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 8:05 pm
Regarding the pricing, it's pretty comparable for me when I search for direct flights to HKG comparing to AC/Cathay, and if they have a sale going on BMO will PM their prices. I will agree that I was able to find a little cheaper ones through Chinese agencies, but it's by less than $50 usually. Too bad, but not the end of the world for me.
I flew on Emirates last month. I got the ticket for $100 cheaper using emirates.com compared to bmorewards.com

Similar thing happened last year, when I took Air Canada to Israel. No place to enter promo code on bmo rewards site. So had to forgo using my points last year too.
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
36004 posts
3165 upvotes
Markham
konfusion666 wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 10:39 pm
I flew on Emirates last month. I got the ticket for $100 cheaper using emirates.com compared to bmorewards.com

Similar thing happened last year, when I took Air Canada to Israel. No place to enter promo code on bmo rewards site. So had to forgo using my points last year too.
Hmm, i think they might price match emirates...but not 100% certain. I did that for Cathay and it worked.

For AC, you can certainly call BMO Rewards Center to price match. I did that several times, no problems, no fees.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2007
3647 posts
777 upvotes
My PIN letter came today. About 1 week after my card arrival. Think it's supposed to be ~1 week before card arrival.

My friend's PIN letter arrived today as well. His card should arrive soon.
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
36004 posts
3165 upvotes
Markham
Speedy1 wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 1:59 am
My PIN letter came today. About 1 week after my card arrival. Think it's supposed to be ~1 week before card arrival.

My friend's PIN letter arrived today as well. His card should arrive soon.
That's probably CP's problem that the PIN got delayed. But yeah, PIN should almost always arrive before the card.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Nov 24, 2002
371 posts
20 upvotes
Sorry if this has already been discussed, I didn't want to review 28 pages....

Do the priority pass membership & voucher come with the card or is it separate? If it is separate, how long after the card arrives? Thanks.
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
36004 posts
3165 upvotes
Markham
twinstars wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 2:56 pm

Do the priority pass membership & voucher come with the card or is it separate? If it is separate, how long after the card arrives? Thanks.
You could have searched :D ..but it's all good.

Separate, 4-5 weeks iirc?
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Nov 24, 2002
371 posts
20 upvotes
Anyone know if there is a way to get the membership faster? Tks!
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
36004 posts
3165 upvotes
Markham
twinstars wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 6:13 pm
Anyone know if there is a way to get the membership faster? Tks!
My guess is you can contact BMO for your membership # so you can at least register on the PP app. There is really no way to get the card faster.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2008
2949 posts
299 upvotes
Richmond Hill
twinstars wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 2:56 pm

The membership card is the only thing that will arrive in the mail. There are no passes as they are already in the PP account. I got the card approximately 2 weeks after I got the credit card, but YMMV.

You can find the PP account number on the BMO personal banking website/app under your credit card account details. The # of passes will not be updated for another 1-2 weeks after you receive the pass though, so don't be shocked if it says "unavailable".
Jun 26, 2010
404 posts
201 upvotes
Vancouver
hansdoreen wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 9:38 pm
Stupid question, how do I use the 4 passes? Just walk in the airport lounge and show them the credit card?
Don't use the credit card. Easiest is to download the app, create a profile with your membership, and one of those QR scans will be assigned in the app. Scan it the code upon entrance.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10104 posts
560 upvotes
Is option 2 still available for free card? It says may 31 expiry but the link seems to work.

Also can passes be gifted to someone you aren't travelling with?

Are babies free to enter the lounge?

Finally...is there a best order to apply for bank acct and credit card in order to maximize bonus?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)