• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2018 2:40 pm
Feb 14, 2006
950 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
angel_wing0 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2016 1:31 am
i really doubt that it's real tbh, but we'll see come may.
Agreed however the banks are reaching further and further these days.
Wouldn't be surprised if Tangerine & PCF started charging for their accounts as well :P
Mar 3, 2015
699 posts
94 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Are they really shutting down?
I have bmo sobeys chequing account that I get my all deposit and paying bills from.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2497 posts
1503 upvotes
Winnipeg
supertronic wrote:
Jan 16th, 2016 2:13 pm
Are they really shutting down?
I have bmo sobeys chequing account that I get my all deposit and paying bills from.
They probably won't "shut" the account but more likely start charging fees.... If any changes come
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Mar 23, 2004
38271 posts
4382 upvotes
Markham
here2day wrote:
Jan 16th, 2016 11:42 am
They work at BMO, if it's true or not I guess we'll find out shortly
guess more info would be great.
"Between a high, solid wall and an egg that breaks against it, I will always stand on the side of the egg.

Yes, no matter how right the wall may be and how wrong the egg is, I will stand with the egg."

#StandwithHK #5DemandsNot1Less
Mar 3, 2015
699 posts
94 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Any source news from bmo for 2016 fees?

I will close if they will charge monthly fees for sure but I never did any teller branch service except deposits since 2011 so in branch fees doesn't worry me.
Banned
Dec 22, 2015
240 posts
54 upvotes
Private Confidential
I think one day the Big 5 are just going to shoot themselves in the foot, when they get too greedy, and people will just move to the NO fee online banks.

Although Tangerine and PCF are owned by Scotia and CIBC respectively, people who are not with them, will also move there.
Banned
Dec 22, 2015
240 posts
54 upvotes
Private Confidential
Shawguy wrote:
Jan 16th, 2016 2:27 pm
They probably won't "shut" the account but more likely start charging fees.... If any changes come
If its grandfathered , can they change the fees ? Or is it like the grandfathered cell phone plans with Rogers, Bell etc where they can't change the fees anymore.
Mar 3, 2015
699 posts
94 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
vladimirbaby wrote:
Jan 16th, 2016 9:31 pm
If its grandfathered , can they change the fees ? Or is it like the grandfathered cell phone plans with Rogers, Bell etc where they can't change the fees anymore.
It will be again agreement(contract) for them to charge monthly fees as also grandfathered cell phone plans.

But BMO Sobeys can increase current sobeys fees on teller cash withdrawal, teller bill payment, nsf fees & other petty stuff.

But I highly doubt they will charge monthly for fee sobeys chking account it's breach of contract. I hope this is all remours.
Mar 23, 2004
38271 posts
4382 upvotes
Markham
If they start charging any fees, i will just cancel the account.
"Between a high, solid wall and an egg that breaks against it, I will always stand on the side of the egg.

Yes, no matter how right the wall may be and how wrong the egg is, I will stand with the egg."

Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14445 posts
5371 upvotes
Los Angeles
angel_wing0 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2016 11:41 pm
this.

I highly doubt they will start charging monthly fees on this account. They will likely just increase fees in which they already charge (i..e, Teller withdrawals, NSF, Cheque orders, etc.)

djino
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
1720 posts
325 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2016 11:41 pm
Same here.
Aug 13, 2011
965 posts
206 upvotes
So has anyone found that BMO has increased any of the teller fees? I'm looking to do a withdrawal at a teller and the website still has the same PDF with low fees ($1).
Mar 23, 2004
38271 posts
4382 upvotes
Markham
strippedaway wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 12:02 pm
So has anyone found that BMO has increased any of the teller fees? I'm looking to do a withdrawal at a teller and the website still has the same PDF with low fees ($1).
Fees should still be the same, havent heard anything new. If it's not a huge amount, just do it at an ATM.