Expired Hot Deals

[BMO] Get $5 FREE For Trying Mobile Banking With BMO (Targetted offer)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2016 11:15 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
1258 posts
1215 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[BMO] Get $5 FREE For Trying Mobile Banking With BMO (Targetted offer)

Just received this email from BMO, easy $5:

You already know how convenient it is to bank online, so why not try banking on the go and spend more time enjoying the summer? For a limited time just for you:
Get $5 just for trying mobile banking†!
Simply log into mobile banking using your BMO Debit Card and the BMO® Mobile Banking App or BMO Banking & InvestorLine® App for iPad to access all of your accounts – just like in online banking. And if you log into mobile banking on three different days between July 5 and 31, 2016, we’ll give you $5.†

Download on the App Store
Download the BMO®
Mobile Banking App now

or

Download on the App Store
Download the BMO
Banking & InvestorLine®
App for iPad now

And the most important part, the fine print:

Receive a $5.00 Cash Bonus when you download and sign-in to mobile banking using the BMO Mobile Banking App or BMO Banking & InvestorLine App to access your bank account(s) using your BMO Debit Card credentials on three (3) different dates between July 5, 2016 and July 31, 2016. You can sign-in using any combination of any the two (2) mobile banking apps: BMO Mobile Banking App or BMO Banking & InvestorLine App, however, you must sign-in on three (3) different days regardless of the mobile banking app used. Limit one (1) Cash Bonus per customer. The Cash Bonus will be credited to your chequing account with the oldest account open date, or if you don’t have a chequing account, we will credit your savings account with the oldest account open date. The Cash Bonus will be credited to your bank account by August 31, 2016. Your bank account must be in good standing (for example, it cannot be in an unauthorized overdraft) at the time the Cash Bonus is paid to qualify. This offer is only for the customer who received it and it is not transferable. This offer may be changed at any time without notice.
1 Subject to interruptions in telecommunications or online systems or in power supply or any other factor beyond the control of Bank of Montreal.
2 Additional transaction fees may apply.

Remember, need to use the app on three different days between to July 5 to July 31, 2016 to get the $5.
13 replies
Jul 17, 2012
192 posts
84 upvotes
Login to BMO Android app on 3 different days between July 5 and 31 to get $5.

Unable to find source... if someone can help.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
11759 posts
1623 upvotes
damn and i only has a bmo credit card for spc......
Apr 23, 2014
594 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Opened bank account on 5th july and logged on BMO that day.

I wonder when the target emails went out.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1358 posts
285 upvotes
Wow! A whole $5! These banks earns Billions dollars per year and only give $5! No thanks.
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19036 posts
1493 upvotes
vanclty wrote:
Jul 8th, 2016 12:39 am
Opened bank account on 5th july and logged on BMO that day.

I wonder when the target emails went out.
The emails probably went out to people who have been banking with BMO for X time, yet have never used mobile banking. IE, old people.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1309 posts
115 upvotes
Dealbreaker for me: need mobile cheque deposit and they still don't have it :mad:
Sep 18, 2008
551 posts
125 upvotes
I got an email from BMO as well about this app but mine did not include the $5 free for trying. So I guess I will wait for the promotion before trying. Thanks for the heads up!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2674 upvotes
Vancouver
No email for me, so obviously no $5 offer.

BMO is archaic when it comes to features like mobile cheque deposit.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2360 posts
1094 upvotes
I got a more general email on July 7. Mobile banking OR online banking (doesn't require mobile app).
"You already know how easy it is to check your account balance online or using mobile banking, so why not try doing a simple transaction like paying a bill or transferring money?"

Since I have been paying bills and transferring between accounts for years, not sure why they are giving me $5 but I guess I will take it.
May 12, 2014
112 posts
36 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Just $5??

I remember last year TD gave away $10 for changing paper statement to online statements for the Credit Cards.
Jul 28, 2010
886 posts
536 upvotes
tdotojnf wrote:
Jul 8th, 2016 8:34 am
I got an email from BMO as well about this app but mine did not include the $5 free for trying. So I guess I will wait for the promotion before trying. Thanks for the heads up!
Same. :/

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)