Hot Deals

[BMO] HOT! BMO World Elite 3,000 AIR MILES Bonus Miles plus FREE Companion Flight Rebate, and FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 8:30 am
Nov 14, 2009
354 posts
79 upvotes
surrey
Has anyone checked to see if the companion rebate would work for 2 "companions"? i.e. 2 tickets but neither ticket is the cardholder
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3703 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
albundy99999999 wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 9:13 pm
Thanks for the reply. From the terms and conditions, it said:

Existing BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard customers who cancel their card during the “Offer Period” and existing BMO Mastercard customers who transfer into this Credit Card product during the “Offer Period” are not eligible for the Offers.

There is no mentioning on the offer is only available for the new applicant applying for BMO MasterCard.
i have had this card before and also the bmo we ... i called the rep who said as long as it is a "new application" made online ... you will get the fyf and welcome bonus ...

i have applied and now just received the PIN ... still waiting for the card ... will post back to see if i get the welcome bonus ... and FYF ...

i think you should just go ahead and apply ... if you don't get the bonus ... call to cancel ...
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
Jan 3, 2013
165 posts
57 upvotes
NORTH YORK
AM is useless. 1 AM = 10 cent cash value(use it in metro.) this card only give u 1 AM per $10 means 1% cash back.

except welcome bonus, nothing interested me, Amex has better bonus sometimes and u can just cash points with gift cards(petro canada, esso,).
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
1326 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
x2012t wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 12:12 am
AM is useless. 1 AM = 10 cent cash value(use it in metro.) this card only give u 1 AM per $10 means 1% cash back.

except welcome bonus, nothing interested me, Amex has better bonus sometimes and u can just cash points with gift cards(petro canada, esso,).
Thanks for your quick analysis. I guess I will cancel the card once receiving all the 3000 bonus AM and make use of the Priority Pass.

Does anyone know the difference between the Priority Pass for BMO Rewards World Elite MasterCard versus the Priority Pass for BMO Air Miles World Elite MasterCard?
Jan 18, 2011
69 posts
72 upvotes
montreal
albundy99999999 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 8:45 pm
Thanks for your quick analysis. I guess I will cancel the card once receiving all the 3000 bonus AM and make use of the Priority Pass.

Does anyone know the difference between the Priority Pass for BMO Rewards World Elite MasterCard versus the Priority Pass for BMO Air Miles World Elite MasterCard?
BMO AirMiles = 2 Priority Pass per year
BMO World Elite = 4 Priority pass per year
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3703 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
x2012t wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 12:12 am

not a big fan of AM ... but yr calculation did not take into account that with the bmo we, you get 25% discount when spending yr dream miles ... plus you need to take advantage of the special promos/offers to get extra AMs ... for example, sometime you spend $40 and get 60 AMs at some store ...
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
Jan 31, 2016
800 posts
539 upvotes
Toronto, ON
albundy99999999 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 8:45 pm

It not a bad idea to make use of the companion ticket offer as well. Use the 3000 airmiles to book a short haul trip for 2(or 3) during off peak times. You will get am back for one ticket and with this card the cist is 25% cheaper in am.

The only difference between both cards and priority pass is that with bmo am card you receive two passes. With the bmo travel card you receive four passes.
Oct 10, 2017
22 posts
9 upvotes
Here are some possible changes for the BMO Air Miles World Elite MasterCard as per the following link http://www.canadianrewards.net/2017/10/ ... cards.html. I have no way of verifying this and this is the only website that has announced this. Perhaps someone in the know could verify it.

- BMO Air Miles World Elite MasterCard: Reduce the Air Mile Flight Redemption discount from 25% to 15%
- BMO Air Miles World/Gold/Small Business Card: Discontinue the 25% Air Miles Flight Redemption discount

The author does make an interesting point in how the high 3,000 Air Miles Bonus is offered for new applicants. I was going to go for this card but i'm glad i didn't. Air Miles is such a hard program to earn points quickly. I opted for the BMO World Elite MasterCard instead.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3703 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
LO5254 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 7:26 pm
Here are some possible changes for the BMO Air Miles World Elite MasterCard as per the following link http://www.canadianrewards.net/2017/10/ ... cards.html. I have no way of verifying this and this is the only website that has announced this. Perhaps someone in the know could verify it.

- BMO Air Miles World Elite MasterCard: Reduce the Air Mile Flight Redemption discount from 25% to 15%
- BMO Air Miles World/Gold/Small Business Card: Discontinue the 25% Air Miles Flight Redemption discount

The author does make an interesting point in how the high 3,000 Air Miles Bonus is offered for new applicants. I was going to go for this card but i'm glad i didn't. Air Miles is such a hard program to earn points quickly. I opted for the BMO World Elite MasterCard instead.
those changes if indeed forthcoming ... will not make too big a difference ... if you get the bmo am we mc, you will still get am gold status ... which gives you 35% discount on selected flight ...

(i'm not a big fan of airmiles ...)
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
2724 posts
668 upvotes
Vancouver
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 8:17 pm
those changes if indeed forthcoming ... will not make too big a difference ... if you get the bmo am we mc, you will still get am gold status ... which gives you 35% discount on selected flight ...

(i'm not a big fan of airmiles ...)
Obviously.

The WE gives you a 25% discount on NA flights.. all flights. Having Gold gives you a discount up to 30% (rare - currently for Gold it's 10% on a few AC flights) on a limited number of destinations weekly.

Ron.
Jun 21, 2016
113 posts
25 upvotes
Hamilton
dotsandpixels wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 9:40 am
It not a bad idea to make use of the companion ticket offer as well. Use the 3000 airmiles to book a short haul trip for 2(or 3) during off peak times. You will get am back for one ticket and with this card the cist is 25% cheaper
Has anyone made use of the companion ticket offer?
I plan on it soon and wonder if there are any glitches. I understand there is no virtual voucher to redeem (as with Westjet) but simply book flights and the rebate will come....
Aug 1, 2013
1 posts
Edmonton
Do anyone know the am rebate with two flights booking. In my case, I have to book 3 round trips within canada. Do I need to book 2 plus 1 flights to qualify the requirenment, or direct 3 flights?
Jun 21, 2016
113 posts
25 upvotes
Hamilton
magicyoung wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 1:09 pm
Do anyone know the am rebate with two flights booking. In my case, I have to book 3 round trips within canada. Do I need to book 2 plus 1 flights to qualify the requirenment, or direct 3 flights?
I understand that you have to book 2 flights (round trip or one way on the same itinery) using Airmiles. You have to have enough Airmiles in your account for both flights when you book and 45 days after booking you get rebated the miles for one flight.
I think beyond the 2 flights you can book as many as you want but only get rebated for one flight. I would call in and make the booking on the phone to ensure all is understood.
Nov 2, 2011
32 posts
9 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
newfbc wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 11:01 am
CBC Marketplace where they said that Subway isn't real chicken, EmergenC doesn't have vitamin C and GNC protein powder doesn't contain protein? Hmm.. ok, sure.

I get great value from my Air Miles. Including flights that are *much* cheaper than buying the ticket outright.

Ron.

all i'm saying is buyers beware....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)