Hot Deals

[BMO] HOT! BMO World Elite 3,000 AIR MILES Bonus Miles plus FREE Companion Flight Rebate, and FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2017 3:44 pm
Apr 22, 2012
518 posts
54 upvotes
TORONTO
Question. I do not see I will use the Lounge this year. Can I activate the PP code later next year so that I have more time to use it next year. I do not plan to renew the MC AM after the first year. Thanks.
Jun 21, 2016
115 posts
25 upvotes
Hamilton
HappyValley1 wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 3:10 pm
Question. I do not see I will use the Lounge this year. Can I activate the PP code later next year so that I have more time to use it next year. I do not plan to renew the MC AM after the first year. Thanks.
On our past AM MC the priority pass account was no longer active once we cancelled the card.
Apr 22, 2012
518 posts
54 upvotes
TORONTO
Ontariotraveller wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 8:00 am
On our past AM MC the priority pass account was no longer active once we cancelled the card.
If I activate the PP code before I cancel the renewal. It should work, right? Thanks.
Jun 17, 2013
289 posts
64 upvotes
HappyValley1 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 8:12 am
If I activate the PP code before I cancel the renewal. It should work, right? Thanks.
I am not sure, but my membership renewal date is not in line with the day I activated the PP code, but does seem to be close to the day I activated the credit card. This indicates to me the PP is already started before you activate the PP code.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2003
7700 posts
733 upvotes
Richmond Hill
How long does it take to receive two free PP passes? With the membership it is us$27 per use, correct?
Apr 22, 2012
518 posts
54 upvotes
TORONTO
sssscary2 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 8:18 am
I am not sure, but my membership renewal date is not in line with the day I activated the PP code, but does seem to be close to the day I activated the credit card. This indicates to me the PP is already started before you activate the PP code.
Since I am not going to travel this year, then I just take a chance to activate it before I cancel my renewal. I heard the PP card will delivery in about 6 - 8 weeks after the activation. Can someone tell us their experience? Thanks.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
10016 posts
945 upvotes
Markham
albundy99999999 wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 9:13 pm
Thanks for the reply. From the terms and conditions, it said:

Existing BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard customers who cancel their card during the “Offer Period” and existing BMO Mastercard customers who transfer into this Credit Card product during the “Offer Period” are not eligible for the Offers.

There is no mentioning on the offer is only available for the new applicant applying for BMO MasterCard.
Just want to confirm this before applying. Previously held BMO WE Mastercard 3 years ago and closed it.

I presume I should get all the bonuses if I open this card, as though it is under the WE banner, it is a different card? Anyone else that was in the same boat that can confirm?
Jun 21, 2016
115 posts
25 upvotes
Hamilton
RolandCouch wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 11:15 pm
Just want to confirm this before applying. Previously held BMO WE Mastercard 3 years ago and closed it.

I presume I should get all the bonuses if I open this card, as though it is under the WE banner, it is a different card? Anyone else that was in the same boat that can confirm?
I had this exact card (BMO AM WE MC) until a year and a half ago when I switched it for a no fee BMO AM MC (I wanted to keep the history but not pay the annual fee). A few months ago when the card was offered with fyf and additional perks I applied for this card again, was approved, and have received the perks. I retained my no fee card as well. I went in a branch to apply if that made any difference.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2003
1588 posts
132 upvotes
Winnipeg
There is if it's within your own province.

You could sign up through gcr for the amex air miles platinum and scan the Safeway Flyers for bonus points and when they have their blue Fridays. Sometimes there are quite good deals.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3719 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
does anyone know if there is a way to add the 2 free PPs to an existing PP account?

or do i have to create a new PP account in order to get the 2 free PPs?
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1179 posts
206 upvotes
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 4:30 pm
does anyone know if there is a way to add the 2 free PPs to an existing PP account?

or do i have to create a new PP account in order to get the 2 free PPs?
BMO will arrange for PP to mail you a new account card for new BMO AM WE. Cannot add to an existing PP account AFAIK.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3719 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
minimalist wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 3:09 pm
BMO will arrange for PP to mail you a new account card for new BMO AM WE. Cannot add to an existing PP account AFAIK.
thanks!
have way too many PP accounts already ... so trying to avoid opening new ones ... :)
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
Jun 20, 2017
25 posts
6 upvotes
G0DKING wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 8:51 am
So to be clear, considering I have 0 dream miles, there isn't a chance in hell that I'll be able to get/make use of the complimentary flight ─ even if I change my set-up to getting dream miles for these 3000 air miles
You might be able to fly to JFK
Aug 27, 2014
65 posts
13 upvotes
phamou wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2017 12:15 pm
You basically have 2 free access (2 passes) per year to access any eligible lounges from the airports stated in the Priority Pass list. In the lounge you get free food, wifi, resting areas, sofas etc.
Is it 2 passes per calendar year, or per year of holding the card? Do they ever expire, and/or do they expire when cancelling the card?

The WestJet card for instance gives a companion voucher per calendar year.

Thanks!