Hot Deals

[BMO] HOT! BMO World Elite 3,000 AIR MILES Bonus Miles plus FREE Companion Flight Rebate, and FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 8:30 am
Sep 15, 2016
57 posts
24 upvotes
Ontariotraveller wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 6:50 am
I had this exact card (BMO AM WE MC) until a year and a half ago when I switched it for a no fee BMO AM MC (I wanted to keep the history but not pay the annual fee). A few months ago when the card was offered with fyf and additional perks I applied for this card again, was approved, and have received the perks. I retained my no fee card as well. I went in a branch to apply if that made any difference.
I too had the BMO AM no fee card and got this offer on the AM website. I went ahead to switch my current card to the BMO WE AM MC, which was approved instantly and they said my current BMO AM card (the physical card) will now act as the BMO WE AM MC. I received the new physical card in mail a few days later and activated it right away. Strangely though, my old card worked fine, when I tried after almost 5 days of activating the new card. I haven't tried it ever since, but I have a feeling it may work fine. Not sure what this means, in terms of my credit/record.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2012
1086 posts
370 upvotes
Windsor
Does anyone know how strictly BMO enforces the income requirement ?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
7351 posts
6304 upvotes
taurus25 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 6:46 pm
Really depends what your debt to income ratios are like (with your inflated numbers). They'll look at your credit utilization on your credit bereau

Also If you claim to be a cashier and you say you make $7k a month, then they might question that....what you fill out needs to make sense
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
10003 posts
942 upvotes
Markham
taurus25 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 6:46 pm
I just applied for the Air Miles card and they did not ask for any sort of income verification. Not sure if they ever do.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2012
1086 posts
370 upvotes
Windsor
Wizard1 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 7:49 pm
Really depends what your debt to income ratios are like (with your inflated numbers). They'll look at your credit utilization on your credit bereau

Also If you claim to be a cashier and you say you make $7k a month, then they might question that....what you fill out needs to make sense
Thanks ! Does anyone knows when this offer is expiring ?
Jul 11, 2008
426 posts
93 upvotes
DewDew wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 4:00 pm
I too had the BMO AM no fee card and got this offer on the AM website. I went ahead to switch my current card to the BMO WE AM MC, which was approved instantly and they said my current BMO AM card (the physical card) will now act as the BMO WE AM MC. I received the new physical card in mail a few days later and activated it right away. Strangely though, my old card worked fine, when I tried after almost 5 days of activating the new card. I haven't tried it ever since, but I have a feeling it may work fine. Not sure what this means, in terms of my credit/record.
You did a product switch from the no fee AM card to the World Elite AM card? Are you saying you got the bonus/promo offers by doing the product switch ?
Aug 27, 2014
60 posts
12 upvotes
Anyone knows if chances are this promo continues past November 30th 2017? I've only been following cards to churn recently; I see this promo started in August. Timing is just bad for me to hit minimal spend right now.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3709 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
LuxErus wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 11:12 am
Anyone knows if chances are this promo continues past November 30th 2017? I've only been following cards to churn recently; I see this promo started in August. Timing is just bad for me to hit minimal spend right now.
most likely no ... but we'll never know ... until then ...
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3709 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
wow ... it seems like airmiles has raised the amount of miles required for tix (yyz--yvr) from around 5k to 7k ... wtf ...

now i know why bmo is offering 3k welcome bonus and amex airmiles plat has been running this soar into more promo for the past few months ...
looks like airmiles is really diluting the miles ... :)
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2012
1086 posts
370 upvotes
Windsor
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 9:19 pm
wow ... it seems like airmiles has raised the amount of miles required for tix (yyz--yvr) from around 5k to 7k ... wtf ...

now i know why bmo is offering 3k welcome bonus and amex airmiles plat has been running this soar into more promo for the past few months ...
looks like airmiles is really diluting the miles ... :)
One way or return ?
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3709 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
taurus25 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 9:29 pm
One way or return ?
<--->
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3709 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
taurus25 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 9:38 pm
Return , u mean ?
ya ... :)

even in non-peak season ...
for 7k AM ... i could redeem for cash at $10 per 95 miles .... you are looking at around $700+ and there is a cash component of the tix redemption of around $150 ... so the total value is around $850 ... which i may be able to buy with cash ... so i will be getting out of AM shortly ...
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
Dec 9, 2014
985 posts
307 upvotes
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 9:42 pm
ya ... :)

even in non-peak season ...
for 7k AM ... i could redeem for cash at $10 per 95 miles .... you are looking at around $700+ and there is a cash component of the tix redemption of around $150 ... so the total value is around $850 ... which i may be able to buy with cash ... so i will be getting out of AM shortly ...
So, for someone who has 0 dream miles, do you recommend not bothering with accruing Dream miles (including the 3k that come with this welcome bonus) to use the companion ticket
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3709 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
G0DKING wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 10:23 pm
So, for someone who has 0 dream miles, do you recommend not bothering with accruing Dream miles (including the 3k that come with this welcome bonus) to use the companion ticket
at this point in time, i would say cash miles should be "better" ...
with dream miles ... you are stuck with the crap they have to offer ... and now even the travel related stuff are shitty at best ...

however, you never know ... they may "improve" the program in the future ... :)
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan