Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
BMO

new account promo starting June 1st-upto $400 CASH BACK--Updated

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 14th, 2017 6:15 pm
Aug 10, 2008
562 posts
149 upvotes

[BMO] new account promo starting June 1st-upto $400 CASH BACK--Updated

https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/bank- ... B4-AKBMO14

For previous customers contest...

https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/bank- ... B5-AKBMO18

Get up to $400* when you switch to BMO

When you move your chequing account to BMO, you'll get up to $350* and the freedom to use it however you like. And, when you're approved for an eligible BMO credit card, you'll receive an additional $50*.

vivvibby wrote: The promotion is $350 for opening an account with the premium plan, $250 for performance, and $150 for the plus plan. 1 PAC/direct deposit and 2 bill payments (not sure if they have to be recurring).
Signing up for a cashback credit card gives an extra $50.
So you could get up to $400 for doing both (premium plan + mastercard), and the World Elite cashback card atm has an extra $100 bonus for spending $3000 in the first 3 months I believe.

Source: employee :)
Thread Summary
Added after expiry, for future reference:

Terms & conditions:
http://www.bmo.com/assets/main/personal ... -Ev3HR.pdf
1911 replies
Aug 10, 2008
562 posts
149 upvotes
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote: So they ate 50 dollars?
I guess that is the promotion for this year.It does not appear very competitive compared to the other banks.
May 12, 2009
179 posts
7 upvotes
Can you provide a link to the deal?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8541 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto
Xstian wrote: Not sure of the deals as of now.. If someone has that please post. I was told that they have the promo starting June 1st onwards with a payroll deposit and 2 automatic payments you can get cash upto $250 back. If I get more info will post.. Posting it for someone who was planning to start an account prior to the promo...
Its AND not OR too bad.
Aug 10, 2008
562 posts
149 upvotes
globy123 wrote: Can you provide a link to the deal?
Its word of mouth from the bank. I am waiting for the deal details too unless someone else has more details... Just giving up a heads up....
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
2194 posts
1106 upvotes
London
Xstian wrote: Its word of mouth from the bank. I am waiting for the deal details too unless someone else has more details... Just giving up a heads up....
Thanks Xstian for the heads up. If it's "and", then it's too much work for $250. Getting my direct deposit changed at work AND setting up PADs ... too lazy!!!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8541 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto
globy123 wrote: Can you provide a link to the deal?
I search BMO.com found nothing maybe it have not posted yet, since Op mention it start on June 1
Sep 17, 2007
924 posts
844 upvotes
Toronto
Step 1. Register a company.
Step 2. Hire yourself and pay yourself.
Step 3. make lots of money, from these rich banks.
Aug 10, 2008
562 posts
149 upvotes
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote: Step 1. Register a company.
I actually went to the bank to get a new account to get my world elite card membership account fee waived by depositing my emergency fund there.... I am not sure whether I can take advantage of this offer as I am a full time student now......
Oct 1, 2005
451 posts
139 upvotes
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote: Step 1. Register a company.
I did this but when I interviewed myself I just wasn't sure that I shared the same vision. So I ended up going with another candidate.
Sep 17, 2007
924 posts
844 upvotes
Toronto
Xstian wrote: I actually went to the bank to get a new account to get my world elite card membership account fee waived by depositing my emergency fund there.... I am not sure whether I can take advantage of this offer as I am a full time student now......
Cool, I believe you. Thanks for giving us a heads-up on this offer. Just wish they would've offered 300 dollars like Scotiabank and cibc. Still, they ate my 50 bucks -_-
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
datako wrote: Thanks Xstian for the heads up. If it's "and", then it's too much work for $250. Getting my direct deposit changed at work AND setting up PADs ... too lazy!!!
I think they can do this for you ... almost positive I saw a TV ad for them saying they offer this service. Probably worth asking them ...
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1838 posts
1581 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
Any ideas about how much the monthly bank fee and how many balance can wave the fee?
Feb 14, 2015
60 posts
7 upvotes
Surrey, BC
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote: Cool, I believe you. Thanks for giving us a heads-up on this offer. Just wish they would've offered 300 dollars like Scotiabank and cibc. Still, they ate my 50 bucks -_-
Does ScotiaBank have an offer like this out there right now?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
earthpetal wrote: Any ideas about how much the monthly bank fee and how many balance can wave the fee?
That info is on the BMO website, but I can tell you that keeping $5k gets you their top banking package at no charge and covers up to $150 of the annual fee towards a premium BMO credit card such as world elite MasterCard.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
784 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If you're self-employed how would you get the payroll deposits? My mom writes a cheque to herself every month tahts it
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32134 posts
15416 upvotes
Socially Distanced
zensuperman wrote: I did this but when I interviewed myself I just wasn't sure that I shared the same vision. So I ended up going with another candidate.
I hear they are rather successful in treating low self esteem with drugs, or you use use the safer alternative also known as alcohol :D
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Dec 9, 2011
47 posts
25 upvotes
Richmond
The promotion is $350 for opening an account with the premium plan, $250 for performance, and $150 for the plus plan. 1 PAC/direct deposit and 2 bill payments (not sure if they have to be recurring).
So you could get up to $400 for doing both (premium plan + mastercard), and the World Elite cashback card atm has an extra $100 bonus for spending $3000 in the first 3 months I believe.

Dec 9, 2007
637 posts
149 upvotes
vivvibby wrote: The promotion is $350 for opening an account with the premium plan, $250 for performance, and $150 for the plus plan. 1 PAC/direct deposit and 2 bill payments (not sure if they have to be recurring).

Just switched to the Premium account from the plus account last week, and waiting for my World Elite mastercard, I guess I don't qualify.
Why do all these banks hate their existing customers? I'm tempted to start jumping banks just to spite them.
RFD makes me :lol:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)