BMO World Elite Mastercard

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2018 2:47 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 14, 2017
39 posts
5 upvotes
Where's the best value to use my BMO points? Gift cards? Should I use before the 15th? Currently not using this as my day to day card anyways
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
2034 posts
429 upvotes
Vancouver
LoveDealios wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 10:52 pm
Where's the best value to use my BMO points? Gift cards? Should I use before the 15th? Currently not using this as my day to day card anyways
read the last 50 posts or so
Apr 23, 2017
372 posts
421 upvotes
LoveDealios wrote:
Best value is booking travel through BMO. No need to book before the 15th as value of pre-Jan 15 earned points will be preserved.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
5587 posts
161 upvotes
LoveDealios wrote:
Get a statement credit
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
36872 posts
3523 upvotes
Markham
boiledmilk wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 6:17 pm
Was also told this card is transiting to a “book anywhere and apply points” travel card. That means on top of BMO rewards, you would also get loyalty points. I look forward to not using their cheap travel website.
He is talking about applying cb on the statement, and i am sure we will not be getting full value (1.43%/2.14%) on the points so be wary of that.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Dec 26, 2017
2 posts
I called about the annual fee today. First person I talked to put me on hold to check if they could do something, after 3 minutes I got disconnected. I called back, next guy I talk to, quickly tells me there is nothing they can do, I call back again and the third person I talk to is quick to offer to waive the annual fee for my card and the supplementary card.

I have no accounts with BMO other than this card and spend about $65K a year on the card with them. Nice to see consistent messaging across their CSR's
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1600 posts
721 upvotes
LebraE749880 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 12:38 pm
I called about the annual fee today. First person I talked to put me on hold to check if they could do something, after 3 minutes I got disconnected. I called back, next guy I talk to, quickly tells me there is nothing they can do, I call back again and the third person I talk to is quick to offer to waive the annual fee for my card and the supplementary card.

I have no accounts with BMO other than this card and spend about $65K a year on the card with them. Nice to see consistent messaging across their CSR's
lmao CSR roulette at it's finest
Aug 22, 2001
738 posts
243 upvotes
Vancouver
My BMO Rewards seem to post on my statement date, which is around the 10th of each month and the points from the last statement just recently posted.

Since there will be a top-up on January 15 due to the devaluation, does this mean that my purchases between January 10 and January 14 do NOT get any top up, even though they were posted before January 15?

What about those people with statement cut off around the 16th? Does that mean for them all points related to purchases made between December 17 and January 16 do not get topped up, since the top up occurs on January 15 before the statement date?

From BMO website:
"As of January 15, 2018, we will be adding extra points to your BMO Rewards account to offset the impact of this change so you won’t lose the value of the points you’ve already collected."
"The extra points will be applied to your account on January 15, 2018."
Jun 25, 2001
545 posts
114 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
LebraE749880 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 12:38 pm

I had the same experience, but thankfully I spoke to a amenable rep right off the bat.
Apr 23, 2017
372 posts
421 upvotes
AEmgee wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 2:33 am
My BMO Rewards seem to post on my statement date, which is around the 10th of each month and the points from the last statement just recently posted.

Since there will be a top-up on January 15 due to the devaluation, does this mean that my purchases between January 10 and January 14 do NOT get any top up, even though they were posted before January 15?

What about those people with statement cut off around the 16th? Does that mean for them all points related to purchases made between December 17 and January 16 do not get topped up, since the top up occurs on January 15 before the statement date?

From BMO website:
"As of January 15, 2018, we will be adding extra points to your BMO Rewards account to offset the impact of this change so you won’t lose the value of the points you’ve already collected."
"The extra points will be applied to your account on January 15, 2018."
That is indeed an interesting question, and one I have been pondering myself. I assume only the points already in one's account will be topped up (since the points are transferred monthly at statement date, this assumption means that points earned between one's last statement date and the 15th of January will not get topped up. So if my statement date is January 6, and I got 10,000 points transferred to my rewards account on Jan 6th, the spending I did between Jan 6 and Jan 15 would not get topped up because they are not in the rewards account yet on Jan 15.

However, that is just my assumption. Maybe BMO will do an additional transfer of all earned points on Jan 15 from the card to one's rewards account, even though it falls in between statement dates when transfers normally occur. That would be nice of them. We shall see on Monday I guess.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
4596 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
So because my statement is on the 11th...apparently my purchases from 11-15th count as the "new system." aka devalued. Needless to say, not a happy camper. I was going under the assumption that all posted payments up until the 15th were eligible for the top-up.

If you play word semantics, the wording from BMO said "we are committed to honouring the purchasing power of the BMO Rewards points you’ve already earned. As of January 15, 2018, we will be adding extra points to your BMO Rewards account to offset the impact of this change so you won’t lose the value of your points."

I suppose they can argue that anything from your statement date to Jan 15 isn't "earned" yet
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro
'18 Union Flite Pro Red
'08 K2 T1
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
2748 posts
1099 upvotes
Vancouver
ProfessorChaos wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 4:40 pm
So because my statement is on the 11th...apparently my purchases from 11-15th count as the "new system." aka devalued. Needless to say, not a happy camper. I was going under the assumption that all posted payments up until the 15th were eligible for the top-up.

If you play word semantics, the wording from BMO said "we are committed to honouring the purchasing power of the BMO Rewards points you’ve already earned. As of January 15, 2018, we will be adding extra points to your BMO Rewards account to offset the impact of this change so you won’t lose the value of your points."

I suppose they can argue that anything from your statement date to Jan 15 isn't "earned" yet
Just stop using the card from now on and switch to a better card like Amex Cobalt or Amex SPG or MBNA RWE.
Keep it in your drawer and relax.

I spent roughly 75k on this card in 2017, but in 2018 it will be only $12 in total ($1 per month to keep it active and no fee) because BMO does NOT value us as customers by keeping devaluing our cards (BMO Rewards MC, Rewards WE, Cash Back WE, WE Air Mile, etc). We need to give a signal to BMO that they have made a wrong wrong decision.

"Greed is NOT okay".
😎 "How do you like to pay?" "American Express!" 😄
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
4596 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
Will switch to the BMO Rewards Free one to keep my points as the agents I get refuse to give me another year (even though they gave me the supp card fee back.) Will cancel after points are used
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro
'18 Union Flite Pro Red
'08 K2 T1
Aug 22, 2001
738 posts
243 upvotes
Vancouver
HermanH wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 1:32 pm
That is indeed an interesting question, and one I have been pondering myself. I assume only the points already in one's account will be topped up (since the points are transferred monthly at statement date, this assumption means that points earned between one's last statement date and the 15th of January will not get topped up. So if my statement date is January 6, and I got 10,000 points transferred to my rewards account on Jan 6th, the spending I did between Jan 6 and Jan 15 would not get topped up because they are not in the rewards account yet on Jan 15.

However, that is just my assumption. Maybe BMO will do an additional transfer of all earned points on Jan 15 from the card to one's rewards account, even though it falls in between statement dates when transfers normally occur. That would be nice of them. We shall see on Monday I guess.
I sure hope they top up the points earned between statement dates because I have spent over $5K since my last points posted!!! Otherwise they will have an even more irate customer.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
2034 posts
429 upvotes
Vancouver
ProfessorChaos wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 4:40 pm

What?? My statement was Dec 24, so that means all my purchases after that don't get the conversion bonus?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Tomtom11