None
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
36384 posts
3297 upvotes
Markham
TorontoEh wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 10:17 pm
So now you need 3 points to redeem for$1 travel dollar.
3 points?...more like 135 points.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5408 posts
286 upvotes
TO
angel_wing0 wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 11:32 pm
3 points?...more like 135 points.
Yes angel,I need sleep lol
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / EQ Bank member

I use Plastiq to pay bills! It's magic ;)
#1 rule of Churning club - KCaDCA
RIP Marriott Visa card :(
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
1390 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver
TorontoEh wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 10:17 pm

Guess it's either TD FCT card which still has better return with TD for Expedia.
It's still 1.5% cashback with everyday spending. BMO WE gets you 4 priority pass entries so have to factor that in as well
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5408 posts
286 upvotes
TO
john.canad wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 11:50 pm
It's still 1.5% cashback with everyday spending. BMO WE gets you 4 priority pass entries so have to factor that in as well
True I do recognize that but what I meant was that both can and should mainly be used on travel but BMO is making the redeeming rate worst but if I were to redeem my TD points on Expedia it's 4.5 % return.

Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
1390 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver
TorontoEh wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 10:38 am
True I do recognize that but what I meant was that both can and should mainly be used on travel but BMO is making the redeeming rate worst but if I were to redeem my TD points on Expedia it's 4.5 % return.
That's not accurate. It's only if you make a purchase on Expedia for TD, then you'd get a 4.5% return on THAT travel purchase. However, your everyday purchases only earn 1.5%.
e.g. if your flight costs $300 and you have $500 worth of points and you redeem $300, your return would only be 1.5% because you didn't spend any of your own money on EfTD
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
36384 posts
3297 upvotes
Markham
TorontoEh wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 10:38 am
john.canad wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 12:56 pm
That's not accurate. It's only if you make a purchase on Expedia for TD, then you'd get a 4.5% return on THAT travel purchase. However, your everyday purchases only earn 1.5%.
e.g. if your flight costs $300 and you have $500 worth of points and you redeem $300, your return would only be 1.5% because you didn't spend any of your own money on EfTD
John is correct. You only get 4.5% cb if you makes purchases through Expedia on TD. It used to be 9% too...those were the good days.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5408 posts
286 upvotes
TO
angel_wing0 wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 1:21 pm
John is correct. You only get 4.5% cb if you makes purchases through Expedia on TD. It used to be 9% too...those were the good days.
I see thanks John and Angel for clarifying, way to go TD to confuse a customer with those percentages thinking of great redemption.
Also read their card holder agreement it says they can decrease the points at anytime and also if you guys remember there was that big announcement of their decrease of points last year now they say it's been postponed.

In all, I agree that now with d bonus is worth it.

Oct 15, 2015
99 posts
64 upvotes
BC
Not liking what I'm hearing about the changes, since I recently switched from the BMO Cashback World card after their changes. However, I'm at a point where I'm kinda tired constantly switching credit cards so I'll probably stick with the BMO World Elite regardless of these changes.

On the other hand, 2 potential cards I hope to eventually see in the near future is perhaps a new Amazon Canada one (something like the Amazon US one for Prime Members). Or maybe Amazon will create an Amazon/Whole Foods credit card. 2nd potential card might be a Simplii Financial card since they go live Nov 1st and PC Financial is keeping their credit card portfolio. Please keep in mind I have no inside information whatsoever. I'm just hoping for 2 new potentially competitive cards.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
10004 posts
942 upvotes
Markham
TorontoEh wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 1:43 pm
I see thanks John and Angel for clarifying, way to go TD to confuse a customer with those percentages thinking of great redemption.
Also read their card holder agreement it says they can decrease the points at anytime and also if you guys remember there was that big announcement of their decrease of points last year now they say it's been postponed.

In all, I agree that now with d bonus is worth it.
I saw you asked a handful of times and looks like nobody answered yes....

Have any previous card holders opened this and had success in getting FYF + bonus points?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5408 posts
286 upvotes
TO
RolandCouch wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 10:27 pm
I saw you asked a handful of times and looks like nobody answered yes....

Have any previous card holders opened this and had success in getting FYF + bonus points?
Yes, but with the recent news, honestly it's not even worth the credit hit plus the risk of no fyf and no bonus.

I rather do the TD FCT from the other offer.

Dec 27, 2005
349 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I was just going through the benefits of delayed baggage and noticed their policy is 12 Hours delay which is pretty terrible compared to other cards.

But on the other hand noticed additional baggage benefits like loss/damage of camera equipment or jewelry. I couldn't find info on in case of loss/damage , how to report it. has anyone dealt with such an issue?

i'm going on a trip shortly and taking few of my cameras and lenses
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
2708 posts
693 upvotes
paf wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 10:46 am
I was just going through the benefits of delayed baggage and noticed their policy is 12 Hours delay which is pretty terrible compared to other cards.

But on the other hand noticed additional baggage benefits like loss/damage of camera equipment or jewelry. I couldn't find info on in case of loss/damage , how to report it. has anyone dealt with such an issue?

i'm going on a trip shortly and taking few of my cameras and lenses
12 hours is not so bad because if you don't get your bags, usually it comes on the same flight the next day. So delayed bags are usually at least 24 hours.
Dec 27, 2005
349 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mech9t5 wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 11:47 am
12 hours is not so bad because if you don't get your bags, usually it comes on the same flight the next day. So delayed bags are usually at least 24 hours.
TD aeroplan is 6 hours.
multiple flights daily to europe usually
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
2708 posts
693 upvotes
paf wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 11:56 am
TD aeroplan is 6 hours.
multiple flights daily to europe usually
it doesn't matter if there are multiple flights. the airline will put your bag on the same flight the following day. This means it doesn't really matter if it is 6 hours or 12 hours.
I've had this happen numerous times on the vancouver/toronto and calgary/toronto routes.

There are a small number of scenarios where it would be less than 24 hours. The only time I've experienced a delay less than 24 hours is if the bag was routed on a different path than the person. Flew from toronto to calgary connecting in Kelowna (I know, stupid. It was on points). My bag went on a direct flight straight to calgary. The plane to kelowna was smaller and it didn't have enough space for all the ski/snowboard bags. On all other occasions where I was missing a bag it came more than 24 hours afterwards even with multiple flights per day.

That's how the airlines operate. It is easier to route a bag on the same flight the next day.
Dec 11, 2010
9 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa
angel_wing0 wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 1:21 pm
I have TD Firstclass VISA for a long time (probably from year one), it has always been 4.5% CB or 9 points for every $ spent on Expedia for TD. Other purchases is 1.5% or 3 points for every $.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

Garnotte, minimalist