None
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
36359 posts
3292 upvotes
Markham
vluong0403 wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 8:57 pm
I have TD Firstclass VISA for a long time (probably from year one), it has always been 4.5% CB or 9 points for every $ spent on Expedia for TD. Other purchases is 1.5% or 3 points for every $.
Looks like it's the one before that, the TD Gold Travel at 7.5%: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/239923-post16.html

But strange though, i did recall ppl saying getting 9% back here a long time ago, and not i cant find it.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Dec 27, 2005
349 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mech9t5 wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 12:34 pm
it doesn't matter if there are multiple flights. the airline will put your bag on the same flight the following day. This means it doesn't really matter if it is 6 hours or 12 hours.
I've had this happen numerous times on the vancouver/toronto and calgary/toronto routes.

There are a small number of scenarios where it would be less than 24 hours. The only time I've experienced a delay less than 24 hours is if the bag was routed on a different path than the person. Flew from toronto to calgary connecting in Kelowna (I know, stupid. It was on points). My bag went on a direct flight straight to calgary. The plane to kelowna was smaller and it didn't have enough space for all the ski/snowboard bags. On all other occasions where I was missing a bag it came more than 24 hours afterwards even with multiple flights per day.

That's how the airlines operate. It is easier to route a bag on the same flight the next day.

I'm not sure how correct you are about this . last year when I flew to Barcelona, my baggage didn't make it but was at my hotel within 7 hours of us landing
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5407 posts
284 upvotes
TO
last day to apply for this for those who were thinking!

Feel like it'd be a waste of a credit hit for me if I apply and don't get the bonus/fyf ;)
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / EQ Bank member

I use Plastiq to pay bills! It's magic ;)
#1 rule of Churning club - KCaDCA
RIP Marriott Visa card :(
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1167 posts
201 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 11:48 am

Feel like it'd be a waste of a credit hit for me if I apply and don't get the bonus/fyf ;)
Offer good 'till Nov. 30:

The 20,000 BMO Rewards welcome bonus points offer (worth $200 in travel rewards) and the primary cardholder $150 annual fee waiver in the first year is limited to new BMO World Elite Mastercard accounts. $150 annual fee applies after the first year and will appear on your account statement twelve (12) months after the account open date. First year annual fee waiver does not apply to the additional card annual fee. Applications must be received between July 5, 2017 and November 30, 2017 (“Offer Period”) to be eligible for this offer. This offer is not available to current or former BMO World Elite Mastercard cardholders who reinstate a closed account or open a new account during the Offer Period. Existing BMO credit card cardholders who transfer into this product during the Offer Period are not eligible for this offer. 20,000 BMO Rewards welcome bonus points will be applied to your BMO Rewards Collector Account following the first statement after your first card purchase. If you cancel your card within thirty (30) days of account opening, the welcome bonus will be cancelled. This offer may be withdrawn or changed without notice.
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
36359 posts
3292 upvotes
Markham
TorontoEh wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 11:48 am

minimalist wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 3:06 pm
Offer good 'till Nov. 30:

The 20,000 BMO Rewards welcome bonus points offer (worth $200 in travel rewards) and the primary cardholder $150 annual fee waiver in the first year is limited to new BMO World Elite Mastercard accounts. $150 annual fee applies after the first year and will appear on your account statement twelve (12) months after the account open date. First year annual fee waiver does not apply to the additional card annual fee. Applications must be received between July 5, 2017 and November 30, 2017 (“Offer Period”) to be eligible for this offer. This offer is not available to current or former BMO World Elite Mastercard cardholders who reinstate a closed account or open a new account during the Offer Period. Existing BMO credit card cardholders who transfer into this product during the Offer Period are not eligible for this offer. 20,000 BMO Rewards welcome bonus points will be applied to your BMO Rewards Collector Account following the first statement after your first card purchase. If you cancel your card within thirty (30) days of account opening, the welcome bonus will be cancelled. This offer may be withdrawn or changed without notice.
Correct, stated on OP as well:

(3) At stated in the topic, the card is currently first year free if you apply by Nov 30th, 2017 but it seems to apply only to "new" cardholders:
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5407 posts
284 upvotes
TO
Oops sorry guys, I thought initially the offer was till end of October. Even better, more time to apply :)

Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5407 posts
284 upvotes
TO
regarding the churn, a friend who recently signed up for bankup promo also applied for this card and DID get the bonus again although they wouldn't budge on the yearly fee so he got charged for the year (he said he's working with the manager who may waive it for a year). He had this card when they last offered it for free for 3 years (? i didn't even know that )

So yes it is YMMV when it comes to churn this card (For me because they also devalued it, I probably won't apply) wait for td aeroplan offer instead ;)

Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
1370 posts
244 upvotes
Vancouver
It seems like the negative changes are now set in motion: http://blog.rewardscanada.ca/2017/11/ne ... wards.html
While we don't have concrete details we did receive an update from BMO to make the following changes to the wording for the cards on our site. Based on this update today and the rumours we have heard we can only speculate that those rumours will come true and this is bad news for current and/or future cardholders.

The changes made today:

Previous: Get 20,000 welcome bonus points* worth $200 in travel rewards
Now: Get 20,000 welcome bonus points*

Previous: Earn 2 BMO Reward points for every $1 you spend on the card - that's 2% back on travel!*
Now: Earn 2 BMO Reward points for every $1 you spend on the card*

As you can see the terminology around what the points worth both on the sign up bonus and your everyday return are being removed - this could mean one of two things - the points are increasing in value or decreasing in value. Typically it's the latter and based upon the rumours circulating around it is the latter.
Now I'm wondering... when they do make the changes official, will they give us some time to redeem our points first?
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
36359 posts
3292 upvotes
Markham
john.canad wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 12:18 pm
It seems like the negative changes are now set in motion: http://blog.rewardscanada.ca/2017/11/ne ... wards.html

Now I'm wondering... when they do make the changes official, will they give us some time to redeem our points first?
it wont be in effect until Jan 2018, and any current points we have before that will be topped up to reflect the new redemption rules.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
36359 posts
3292 upvotes
Markham
And the devaluation is officially announced. 140 points per dollar...sad, i will be cancelling mine come Jan 2018. OP has been updated.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
1370 posts
244 upvotes
Vancouver
angel_wing0 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 10:25 pm
And the devaluation is officially announced. 140 points per dollar...sad, i will be cancelling mine come Jan 2018. OP has been updated.
At least this is a plus: Coming February, 2018, you will be able to redeem your points as a credit to your credit card balance by visiting www.bmorewards.com. Simply follow the steps that will be provided on the site.

Actually not that bad (but still bad) if you are using the card for their bonus categories where Scotiabank AMEX Gold isn't accepted.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1791 posts
474 upvotes
Vancouver
john.canad wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 12:19 am
Actually not that bad (but still bad) if you are using the card for their bonus categories where Scotiabank AMEX Gold isn't accepted.
Restaurants: Costco MC 3% > BMO WE 2.14%.
Entertainment: All cinemas I have been to and ticketmaster take Amex.

So....... the only category for this BMO WE is travel, if you do not have better travel cards like Amex Cobalt or Amex SPG.
😎 Fido $55/6GB Loyalty Pulse Plan: 6GB, Unltd Canadian LD, Unltd Global Texting, 1000 Intl LD Minutes, Data Bytes, Fido Roam, Spotify... 😄
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
36359 posts
3292 upvotes
Markham
john.canad wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 12:19 am
At least this is a plus: Coming February, 2018, you will be able to redeem your points as a credit to your credit card balance by visiting www.bmorewards.com. Simply follow the steps that will be provided on the site.
It depends on how many points needed. Pretty sure it wont be the 1.43% standard travel rate.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2014
1596 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto
What is the "devaluation come Jan 15, 2018"? Can someone point me to that post or put it in the thread summary? Thanks
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
36359 posts
3292 upvotes
Markham
Elfwood wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 5:17 pm
What is the "devaluation come Jan 15, 2018"? Can someone point me to that post or put it in the thread summary? Thanks
Refer to note #2 on the op.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

goodhours, vegitto