Credit Cards

BMO World Elite Mastercard - Devaluation starts today!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2018 3:07 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
2570 posts
1303 upvotes
sundawner1 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 2:25 pm
I emailed Ebates yesterday. I will get back on that.

I don’t know if some places have hidden processing fees. Some declare it.
I remember paying on Amazon with a prepaid MC and there was a fee. I couldn’t find what it was.
Answered my own question Crying Face
I tried a trial transaction for a Superstore gift card with an empty prepaid card I had in my wallet, just to see if it would even allow me to enter a prepaid MC number.
Of course the transaction didn’t go through.
I then received an email from them

Last paragraph:
We are also unable to accept payments using an American Express and/or a prepaid credit card (ie. Prepaid Visa)

Damn, that was short lived Disappointed Face
Nov 9, 2015
337 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CAN You link prepaid to PayPal?

Ebates accepts paypal.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
2570 posts
1303 upvotes
sundawner1 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 2:58 pm
CAN You link prepaid to PayPal?

Ebates accepts paypal.
OMG that is so awesome!
You certainly can! Just did that yesterday to pay for a purchase from a merchant that accepted PayPal checkout!
Good thinking sit!
Dec 27, 2017
5 posts
So, what is the most efficient, non-loophole way to get the points back for those who are cancelling BMO WE? I've seen something about you rent a car and then cancel it, but I don't want to risk them having closing that door in the middle of the process.
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
36652 posts
3382 upvotes
Markham
MrBriggs1 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 7:48 pm
So, what is the most efficient, non-loophole way to get the points back for those who are cancelling BMO WE?
Book travel through the BMO Rewards Center.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Dec 27, 2017
5 posts
angel_wing0 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 8:06 pm
Book travel through the BMO Rewards Center.
Yeah that's always going to be the best, but I don't have any travel plans for now. I've stayed in hotels twice in the last three months now, the hotel might be "free" but the spending that comes with it is not :)
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
36652 posts
3382 upvotes
Markham
MrBriggs1 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 8:09 pm
Yeah that's always going to be the best, but I don't have any travel plans for now. I've stayed in hotels twice in the last three months now, the hotel might be "free" but the spending that comes with it is not :)
The best thing to do is downgrade the card to the normal BMO Rewards card, which will have no annual fee starting Jan 15th. That way you can keep the points with no cost.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Dec 27, 2017
5 posts
angel_wing0 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 8:27 pm
The best thing to do is downgrade the card to the normal BMO Rewards card, which will have no annual fee starting Jan 15th. That way you can keep the points with no cost.
Ah! I didn't realize that one was also changing to have no fee. I thought I would depend on the will of the agent at the phone. That works, thank you!
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2014
1695 posts
387 upvotes
Toronto
What is going on with the car rental loophole to drain the points? Does it still work? Will they claw back when you cancel?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2003
4738 posts
522 upvotes
Toronto
Or, just call in to cancel, complaining about the devaluation. I wound up getting 5K points + annual fee waived (two separate calls though).
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
36652 posts
3382 upvotes
Markham
milhaus wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 9:41 am
Or, just call in to cancel, complaining about the devaluation. I wound up getting 5K points + annual fee waived (two separate calls though).
It's not guaranteed that they will give it to you. They will likely give it you if you spend a lot on it + how long you have had it.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Oct 1, 2008
97 posts
48 upvotes
milhaus wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 9:41 am
Its good to see they are finally giving something. I have yet to cancel mine (due for renewal in June).
Jan 10, 2018
20 posts
2 upvotes
Been a BMO World card holder for 5 years now and about to dump the card.

The 25% discount used to be WorldWide 2 years ago they changed it to just NA and now eliminating completely for the World and down to 15% for World Elite.

The promos run by BMO the past few years have been absolutely pathetic and mostly unattainable. like spend $4000 in a month and get a paltry 150 miles.

I really see no use to these BMO Air miles cards anymore ESPECIALLY just the World.

We tend to use AMEX the most and their promo's have been SPECTACULAR!

We used the BMO MC for places AMEX isn't accepted, but kept it mainly for the flight discount.

We recently just got the TD Infinite Aeroplan Visa to use as a replacement for the MC and will focus on gaining Aeroplan points for a couple years until Air Canada dumps Aeroplan.
Dec 15, 2014
88 posts
21 upvotes
Westmount, QC
angel_wing0 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 10:00 am
It's not guaranteed that they will give it to you. They will likely give it you if you spend a lot on it + how long you have had it.
Complained on phone, got 2500 points. The annual fee is waived by banking plan.

Was also told this card is transiting to a “book anywhere and apply points” travel card. That means on top of BMO rewards, you would also get loyalty points. I look forward to not using their cheap travel website.
Jan 10, 2018
20 posts
2 upvotes
boiledmilk wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 6:17 pm
Complained on phone, got 2500 points. The annual fee is waived by banking plan.

Was also told this card is transiting to a “book anywhere and apply points” travel card. That means on top of BMO rewards, you would also get loyalty points. I look forward to not using their cheap travel website.
I know were talking about different programs and I'm not sure what the value of "points" are, but I complained two years ago when they changed the airmiles 25% discount to just NA and they gave me 400 miles and waived the annual and supplementary card fee for a year

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)