Hot Deals

[BMO] BMO World Elite Mastercard - FYF+20K Points Promotion!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2017 11:37 am
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
35497 posts
3016 upvotes
Markham
Leggo84 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 1:06 pm
How can i view my balance on my BMO WE card? I dont have a banking account with them. Just the MC.

Thank you
You can register for that on bmo online banking.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Nov 18, 2011
736 posts
443 upvotes
TORONTO
So would they send a Priority Pass every year?
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
35497 posts
3016 upvotes
Markham
hansdoreen wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 3:35 pm
So would they send a Priority Pass every year?
PP used to send you a new card every year, but now they do it once every 3 years. The 4 passes are loaded on to the card automatically every year.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Dec 10, 2006
616 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver
angel_wing0 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 3:58 pm
PP used to send you a new card every year, but now they do it once every 3 years. The 4 passes are loaded on to the card automatically every year.
Is it by calendar year, on Jan 1?
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
35497 posts
3016 upvotes
Markham
rageguy wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 4:17 pm
Is it by calendar year, on Jan 1?
By annual date of registration.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Mar 23, 2016
296 posts
108 upvotes
How long after applying for the card successfully is the PP sent?

BTW angel_wing0 - I love your avatar - what does your signature say?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
2815 posts
1026 upvotes
Calgary
Can you open up a full charge bmo account and get the annual credit card fee waived if you already have this card and then cancel the full charge account?
I love my Koodo account.
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
35497 posts
3016 upvotes
Markham
springdays wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 4:58 pm
How long after applying for the card successfully is the PP sent?

BTW angel_wing0 - I love your avatar - what does your signature say?
6-8 weeks.

"If a miracle happens..."
bkushner wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 5:52 pm
Can you open up a full charge bmo account and get the annual credit card fee waived if you already have this card and then cancel the full charge account?
Yes, you can, but there are two things that will stop you from doing that:

(1) You have to pay the annual fee first, and It takes up to 3 statements for your annual fee to be refunded.
(2) Once you cancel the bank account, BMO will automatically charge you the prorated portion of the annual fee.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Nov 24, 2013
12 posts
Toronto, ON
Hi all,
Just got approved for this card (first time BMO customer)
Once I get the card, can I book a $250 plane ticket and once the statement is generated (a few weeks later?) apply the 20k points towards the $250 purchase? I assume I would then get a $200 statement credit right after the first statement?
Thank you!
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
35497 posts
3016 upvotes
Markham
maxy06 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 11:06 am
Hi all,
Just got approved for this card (first time BMO customer)
Once I get the card, can I book a $250 plane ticket and once the statement is generated (a few weeks later?) apply the 20k points towards the $250 purchase?

I assume I would then get a $200 statement credit right after the first statement?
Thank you!
You can only apply the points during purchase, not after it.

Incorrect, you get 20k points to use, not a statement credit.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2004
8563 posts
2693 upvotes
Oil Country
Just an update... I cancelled the BMO Air Miles World Elite card I was using, and received a full refund for the annual fee. I also just checked my BMO Rewards account, and I've been credited the 20K points. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

I applied for a new card. I didn't upgrade the BMO Air Miles World Elite to the BMO World Elite card.
Mar 9, 2011
180 posts
90 upvotes
For anyone that has been using this card for awhile does anyone know if certain lounges cost extra to use with the four complimentary passes that are given. I will be heading down south next month and was tempted to use the passes while I am at the airport in Toronto. Based on the info provided by the priority pass I cannot confirm if food or refreshment will be provided at an additional cost if I visit a lounge.
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
35497 posts
3016 upvotes
Markham
jetertmac wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 10:51 pm
For anyone that has been using this card for awhile does anyone know if certain lounges cost extra to use with the four complimentary passes that are given. I will be heading down south next month and was tempted to use the passes while I am at the airport in Toronto. Based on the info provided by the priority pass I cannot confirm if food or refreshment will be provided at an additional cost if I visit a lounge.
Food or refreshments are almost always provided in lounges. Usually alcohol and extra service like massage would be the one that would require you to pay.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Mar 9, 2011
180 posts
90 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 1:14 am
Food or refreshments are almost always provided in lounges. Usually alcohol and extra service like massage would be the one that would require you to pay.
Thanks for sharing. Would you by any chance know if there is a limit regarding the amount time I can use the lounge in a given day? Never used the lounge passes before and just looking to avoid any surprises.
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
35497 posts
3016 upvotes
Markham
jetertmac wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 11:22 am
Thanks for sharing. Would you by any chance know if there is a limit regarding the amount time I can use the lounge in a given day? Never used the lounge passes before and just looking to avoid any surprises.
There isnt any. They are not going to keep a timer on you during your time in the lounge. They will need to see your boarding pass though before you go in so make sure you have that.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)