• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2017 4:19 pm
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2010
7592 posts
1811 upvotes
Toronto
Big whop. At least it's not as bad as Suzuki's ISCV. Crap, same part in the K8's and higher, not recalled. I went through 3 of them.
t3359 wrote:
May 13th, 2016 9:56 am
...The magic eight ball would randomly say things and logic would never work. The eight ball is just a gimmick and a waste of time and effort. So equivalently, there is no possibility to "debate" you.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
5139 posts
1332 upvotes
Kootenays
Strange coincidence to read this. Last week while my son and I were out riding, my fire dept radio toned out (I'm a volunteer) and the guys got called to a car vs motorcycle MVA. My wife was terrified it was us. From the RCMP report:
"During the evening hours of Saturday, September
2nd, Columbia Valley RCMP received a report of a two vehicle collision involving a motorcycle and car at the intersection of Hwy 93/95 and the Skookum Inn gas station near Windermere.  RCMP responded immediately to the report and once on scene spoke with firefighters and ambulance personnel who were treating the motorcyclist.  The driver of the BMW motorcycle advised that he was northbound on Hwy 93/95 and about to turn right from the highway to get fuel at the Skookum Inn gas station when he was struck from behind by another vehicle.
He ended up sliding on the pavement and both he and the bike ended up in the ditch. The driver of the Mercedes sedan that struck the motorcycle admitted that
he was not paying attention and did not see the bike trying to make a right turn; he was issued a violation ticket for ‘Follow too Close’."
We didn't see the accident, but read the report a couple of days later. A couple of days after that I was following a BMW bike (not sure what model) and noted how small the rear indicators were. If you're on a bike, you want to get noticed!
Sep 8, 2008
101 posts
2 upvotes
T.O
i had aftermarket but dealer installed Rizoma on my last motorcycle, they were pretty bright. My bike is on the list but i think i have factory signals.
Feb 17, 2004
428 posts
60 upvotes
Thanks OP, my F800GS is on the list and I wasn't aware of the recall.