BMW questions and answers

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2017 5:57 pm
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18912 posts
4124 upvotes
Toronto
^ you can consider submitting 10% off the MSRP and obviously no freight, no pdi (since it's demo). Admin fee (you can negotiate this, perhaps $100 off their listing). Throw in rubber mats & wheels locks and free tank of gas.

So, in other words, you are looking at $4,300 + $2,300 + $100 = $6,700 off (target discount).

btw. if buying new, there is $500 factory cash credit allowance going on now til end of March. If the above does not work out, you should ask for about 7.5% discount from the dealer side but the freight/pdi you will have to pay. GL.
Apr 3, 2007
508 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga
$500 credit apply to cars on the lot? New customers?

Initial quote my wife received had the following:
Freight $900
PDI $1295
Green Certified $399
Admin $399
Security Deposit $500
Van G
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
8683 posts
563 upvotes
Toronto
Would love to hear any feedback of the 328d xDrive Wagon ... looking at the M-Sport.
May 24, 2011
955 posts
198 upvotes
BC
Can we return BMW leases to any dealer? How do you guys get the timing down if you plan to lease again?

Anyone use unhaggle.com lately for their next lease?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18912 posts
4124 upvotes
Toronto
If you're looking for a a new one, x1 (28 or 35), there is $500 rebate for all customers (new or returned) ... this applies to cash purchase, finance or lease.

As for the quote you rec'd for the demo. Freight/pdi CANNOT be charged at all as it's considered to be a used car since it has already been registered since Dec 13 and on the road (most likely used as a daily loaner and test drive). Therefore, there is a chance the demo in question may have been driven hard and abused by many different users for the last few months.

The ride green certified is simply nitrogen air charge of $400. You do NOT have to pay this at all and dealer cannot upsell you if they claim to be mandatory. Tell the dealer to put in regular air. This applies to used and new car.

Security deposit may be required if you are leasing ONLY. Admin fee is up to you to decide if you want to pay this at full amount or at reduced amount.

Lastly, if you are looking at the demo, you will need to ask the dealer if the vehicle was ever in an accident and any parts of the car was ever repaired in house. If dealer says no, then put into the contract/lease agreement that have the dealer make the declaration of such. You do know if there was ever a repaint or body parts replaced, they are always done in house, thus no car proof will show up in the record.

Van G wrote:
Mar 7th, 2014 11:19 pm
$500 credit apply to cars on the lot? New customers?

Initial quote my wife received had the following:
Freight $900
PDI $1295
Green Certified $399
Admin $399
Security Deposit $500
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18912 posts
4124 upvotes
Toronto
Car needs to be returned back to the place where you got it from. But if you cannot, call BMW Canada to see special arrangement can be made.

2Sedins1Cup wrote:
Mar 8th, 2014 4:00 am
Can we return BMW leases to any dealer? How do you guys get the timing down if you plan to lease again?

Anyone use unhaggle.com lately for their next lease?
Apr 3, 2007
508 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga
Thank you for the great info. Not commited to the demo but figured discount would be worth considering. How much harm can be done in 3 months by people test driving? Doesn't software limit performance for first X kms?

Also interested on thoughts about Nevada leather vs. leatherette? I've only felt leatherette only '12 X1 seats and they felt thin and like poly. Has leatherette improved in 2 yrs?
booblehead wrote:
Mar 8th, 2014 7:38 am
If you're looking for a a new one, x1 (28 or 35), there is $500 rebate for all customers (new or returned) ... this applies to cash purchase, finance or lease.

As for the quote you rec'd for the demo. Freight/pdi CANNOT be charged at all as it's considered to be a used car since it has already been registered since Dec 13 and on the road (most likely used as a daily loaner and test drive). Therefore, there is a chance the demo in question may have been driven hard and abused by many different users for the last few months.

The ride green certified is simply nitrogen air charge of $400. You do NOT have to pay this at all and dealer cannot upsell you if they claim to be mandatory. Tell the dealer to put in regular air. This applies to used and new car.

Security deposit may be required if you are leasing ONLY. Admin fee is up to you to decide if you want to pay this at full amount or at reduced amount.

Lastly, if you are looking at the demo, you will need to ask the dealer if the vehicle was ever in an accident and any parts of the car was ever repaired in house. If dealer says no, then put into the contract/lease agreement that have the dealer make the declaration of such. You do know if there was ever a repaint or body parts replaced, they are always done in house, thus no car proof will show up in the record.
Van G
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
8306 posts
2451 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Van G wrote:
Mar 8th, 2014 9:18 am
Thank you for the great info. Not commited to the demo but figured discount would be worth considering. How much harm can be done in 3 months by people test driving? Doesn't software limit performance for first X kms?

Also interested on thoughts about Nevada leather vs. leatherette? I've only felt leatherette only '12 X1 seats and they felt thin and like poly. Has leatherette improved in 2 yrs?
There is no software to limit break-in period. To be honest with you any leather entry level leather offered by BMW is pretty crap. Only with Novello does it start getting better. I choose leatherette over Dakota on my 335d. The only good thing about the Dakota is the double stitching lol.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18912 posts
4124 upvotes
Toronto
go for the upgraded leather, if you can. However, if you are just leasing, who cares ... since you are giving back the car at the end.

Only the M car has the software that limit the performance of the engine during the break in period.
May 24, 2011
955 posts
198 upvotes
BC
booblehead wrote:
Mar 8th, 2014 7:40 am
Car needs to be returned back to the place where you got it from. But if you cannot, call BMW Canada to see special arrangement can be made.
Thanks I'll have to look into this.
Oct 13, 2008
360 posts
42 upvotes
Can someone confirm that most dealerships will maintain their 1.9%APR even after March? Will it go up a lot with coming months? And by how much roughly can I expect?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18912 posts
4124 upvotes
Toronto
Highly doubt the interest rate will head back up after March. Typically, BMW Canada sets the rate high at the beginning of model year, like 4.9 or even 5.9% (not for the 3 series but for the 4 series) and will gradually bring it down throughout the year. After all, the 3 series is their bread & butter volume mover. BMW Canada & its dealers need to move them fast as they have to look at the competition to see what they are doing too (Audi A3/4 class and MB C class).

If you wait til near of end of current Model Year clearance (starting around June onwards), they may go even at 0.9% (50/50 chance) and the factory delivery credit allowance is also there too
Nov 13, 2008
377 posts
40 upvotes
Kitchener
Is there an "official" loyalty rebate / discount from BMW Canada? I've heard it talked about several times, but can someone confirm that it is available and what the circumstances have to be for one to get it? I have a current BMW, but was bought used / CPO through a BMW dealer. Very seriously considering ordering a new car, wanting to maximize on discounts / rebates, etc. I have pre-negotiated a very fair discount and no admin / ride green / wheels locks / bs, just trying to find out whether I can get anything back for being a current owner.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18912 posts
4124 upvotes
Toronto
loyalty discount (usually $1000) is offered by bmw canada. Then there is also the fleet discount incentive as well of (usually $1000), for this, you can call up bmw canada to see if your place of work (employer) is on the list of bmw canada, if so, then you can qualify for such.

loyalty discount typically offers to current 3 series customers who financed or leased their vehicle. For those who bought a 3 series for cash and still own the current vehicle, the typical answer is no, you don't qualify for loyalty discount but the dealer will 'work' with you by giving you this loyalty discount but will obviously scale back the typical discount given on the new vehicle. In other words, just manipulating the discount line but the total discount given is the same amount. Ha Ha. The shell game.
jheath wrote:
Mar 9th, 2014 9:33 am
Is there an "official" loyalty rebate / discount from BMW Canada? I've heard it talked about several times, but can someone confirm that it is available and what the circumstances have to be for one to get it? I have a current BMW, but was bought used / CPO through a BMW dealer. Very seriously considering ordering a new car, wanting to maximize on discounts / rebates, etc. I have pre-negotiated a very fair discount and no admin / ride green / wheels locks / bs, just trying to find out whether I can get anything back for being a current owner.
Nov 13, 2008
377 posts
40 upvotes
Kitchener
booblehead wrote:
Mar 9th, 2014 11:53 am
loyalty discount (usually $1000) is offered by bmw canada. Then there is also the fleet discount incentive as well of (usually $1000), for this, you can call up bmw canada to see if your place of work (employer) is on the list of bmw canada, if so, then you can qualify for such.

loyalty discount typically offers to current 3 series customers who financed or leased their vehicle. For those who bought a 3 series for cash and still own the current vehicle, the typical answer is no, you don't qualify for loyalty discount but the dealer will 'work' with you by giving you this loyalty discount but will obviously scale back the typical discount given on the new vehicle. In other words, just manipulating the discount line but the total discount given is the same amount. Ha Ha. The shell game.
Thanks for the response. I suspect I won't have any luck with the loyalty rebate, but will inquire on the fleet discount. The company I work for has a good number of people, and several people including the co founders are BMW owners. Thanks again, I'll report back to the thread if I'm successful with the fleet discount.