Automotive

BMW questions and answers

Oct 15, 2007
94 posts
8 upvotes
jenna4 wrote: Hi Jerry,
It's great to have you on redflagdeals..
Do you know when the 2012 328i x will be available?
What color it the most popular?
Can you please explain Value Service Protection for 3 years what will it cover?
Thanks

The 2012 3 series most likely will not be available in Canada until Mid Summer 2012. It is not even scheduled to debut until February 2012 at the Geneva Auto Show. From there it will be introduced in Europe and the USA followed by Canada. Could easily be Fall, or late 2012.
Apr 5, 2011
37 posts
4 upvotes
Hi , do you know..
How much is the manufactures (BMW.ca) Cash back and interest rate for fincanancing 328i X ?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33236 posts
21165 upvotes
Toronto
No more 3L I-6 cyl.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477882

Here is the I4 switchover:
E89 Z4 sDrive30i to switch to TwinPower I4 in September 2011
F10/F11 528i to switch to TwinPower I4 in September 2011
F25 X3 xDrive28i to switch to TwinPower I4 in 4th Quarter 2011

End of production schedule
E81/E87 1 series to end production by August 2011 (new 1-series hatchback launched after Geneva - will herald complete petrol turbo-charged engine line up)
E82/E88 1 series to end production in 1st Quarter 2012
E90/E91 3 series and M3 to end production late 2011 or early 2012
E92/E93 3 series and M3 to end production sometime in 4th Quarter 2012
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
8683 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote: No more 3L I-6 cyl.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477882

Here is the I4 switchover:
E89 Z4 sDrive30i to switch to TwinPower I4 in September 2011
F10/F11 528i to switch to TwinPower I4 in September 2011
F25 X3 xDrive28i to switch to TwinPower I4 in 4th Quarter 2011

End of production schedule
E81/E87 1 series to end production by August 2011 (new 1-series hatchback launched after Geneva - will herald complete petrol turbo-charged engine line up)
E82/E88 1 series to end production in 1st Quarter 2012
E90/E91 3 series and M3 to end production late 2011 or early 2012
E92/E93 3 series and M3 to end production sometime in 4th Quarter 2012

That brings a tear to my eye.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2006
1472 posts
71 upvotes
Markham/GTA
Are they going to have the 2 year hiatus for M3s like they did from 2006 to 2008?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2007
1399 posts
323 upvotes
Richmond Hill
This question is concerning extended warranty on my purchase of a Certified series.
My valve cover is seems to be leaking a little and I am assuming it is the gasket; also my transmission cooler hose is also leaking a little as well. Both have scant drainage, which isn't noticeable when checking the levels, but is visible when you check under the hood.

Are these problems covered by my warranty? Car was purchased from Parkview.
Thanks.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33236 posts
21165 upvotes
Toronto
Just based on M3 forum speculation. Look forward to late 2014 or early 2015

Prediction of just between 450 - 500hp

btw, how's your ISF coming along ? All fixed ?

X20A wrote: Are they going to have the 2 year hiatus for M3s like they did from 2006 to 2008?
Apr 5, 2011
37 posts
4 upvotes
Hi Jerry and everyone...
Is the dealer insured by BMW Canada for error, mistakes and omissions when they draw the contract.
Lets say you see a car in the showroom, test drive it and place an order for exactly the same car and color.
On delivery you get; wrong color, without the option..
Dealer accepts their mistake that they have ordered the wrong car, but now asking 2K more to order the car you wanted in the first place!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2006
1472 posts
71 upvotes
Markham/GTA
booblehead wrote: Just based on M3 forum speculation. Look forward to late 2014 or early 2015

Prediction of just between 450 - 500hp

btw, how's your ISF coming along ? All fixed ?
So end of production for E9x M3 will be 2012... Last year being MY2012 M3, and then a new M3 for MY2014?

My F is back on the road now, looks good, but it's still psyches me out, just knowing that it's never the same sucks. Waiting for some Project Mu brake pads to come in before I do a brake job and change over to summers.

HOWEVER, if anyone knows of anyone else who has an AW 2009 335i Sedan with AutoTrans, Sport Pkg. + Premium Pkg. (if it comes with Navigation even better!) they are looking to sell, then don't hesitate to PM me!
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33236 posts
21165 upvotes
Toronto
Glad to hear you IS F is back on the road.

You know about the N54 HPFP issue. Although BMW Canada has announced the warranty will be extended to 10 years. I had enough of it on my E60 and eventually got rid of it ... big hassle to get it fixed.

It would be a big step down in horsepower from you IS F to a 335. Or perhaps, waiting for 2 more years for the 2014 M3 would be good ?

you can check out the e90post.com (Cdn forum & classified) to see anyone there is selling.

X20A wrote: So end of production for E9x M3 will be 2012... Last year being MY2012 M3, and then a new M3 for MY2014?

My F is back on the road now, looks good, but it's still psyches me out, just knowing that it's never the same sucks. Waiting for some Project Mu brake pads to come in before I do a brake job and change over to summers.

HOWEVER, if anyone knows of anyone else who has an AW 2009 335i Sedan with AutoTrans, Sport Pkg. + Premium Pkg. (if it comes with Navigation even better!) they are looking to sell, then don't hesitate to PM me!
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
1646 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto
KevC wrote: That brings a tear to my eye.

Ditto. BMW NA I6 is one of the reasons BMW was attractive to me. I4 turbo may have the power, but it just won't be the same.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
1646 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto
jenna4 wrote: Hi Jerry and everyone...
Is the dealer insured by BMW Canada for error, mistakes and omissions when they draw the contract.
Lets say you see a car in the showroom, test drive it and place an order for exactly the same car and color.
On delivery you get; wrong color, without the option..
Dealer accepts their mistake that they have ordered the wrong car, but now asking 2K more to order the car you wanted in the first place!!!

If all that is written on the contract, you should take it to BMW Canada and have them correct it.

It's one thing to have to wait for another few months to receive the car you ordered, but having to pay another $2K just doesn't make sense. Sounds like your dealer is playing a game.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2006
1472 posts
71 upvotes
Markham/GTA
booblehead wrote: Glad to hear you IS F is back on the road.

You know about the N54 HPFP issue. Although BMW Canada has announced the warranty will be extended to 10 years. I had enough of it on my E60 and eventually got rid of it ... big hassle to get it fixed.

It would be a big step down in horsepower from you IS F to a 335. Or perhaps, waiting for 2 more years for the 2014 M3 would be good ?

you can check out the e90post.com (Cdn forum & classified) to see anyone there is selling.

Thanks! Yeah, I know about the HPFP issues, and it seems to be a headache. Although comparing straight horsepowers the IS F stands head and shoulders above the 335i, but in most automotive magazines I read, it seems their acceleration times are quite close, maybe within ~0.2 sec. of each other, and it seems the BMW handles better too.

But you are right, it is more than just being a step down in power, but even in terms of luxury and creature comforts it's a big step down. Usually see tons of 335s with nothing more than autotrans, usually are all barebones. Factoring in the fact that BMW interiors are absolutely spartan, it's a tough pill to swallow.

If the new 3er is anything close to being the Mitsubishi Lancer inspired, lopped-off, 'sharkhead', I'm probably not going to like it. Having said that though, I find the new 5er with xDrive and M sport pkg. quite soothing to the eye. But probably only because it has a traditional lower grill and not that shark mouth.

I think the LCI (2009-2010) E90 N54 is the pinnacle.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33236 posts
21165 upvotes
Toronto
That's what I have traded up .... F10 550xi Msport. Loads of fun to drive ! The car weighs much more than the E60 550 though. Still hitting 0-100km/hr in 4.8 sec.

Lastly, the M3 forum suggests MY2012 may have a short production year (similar to the E60 M5) ... the window may be as short as 6 months time to get that and after that retooling will begin for the MY2014 M3.

X20A wrote: Thanks! Yeah, I know about the HPFP issues, and it seems to be a headache. Although comparing straight horsepowers the IS F stands head and shoulders above the 335i, but in most automotive magazines I read, it seems their acceleration times are quite close, maybe within ~0.2 sec. of each other, and it seems the BMW handles better too.

But you are right, it is more than just being a step down in power, but even in terms of luxury and creature comforts it's a big step down. Usually see tons of 335s with nothing more than autotrans, usually are all barebones. Factoring in the fact that BMW interiors are absolutely spartan, it's a tough pill to swallow.

If the new 3er is anything close to being the Mitsubishi Lancer inspired, lopped-off, 'sharkhead', I'm probably not going to like it. Having said that though, I find the new 5er with xDrive and M sport pkg. quite soothing to the eye. But probably only because it has a traditional lower grill and not that shark mouth.

I think the LCI (2009-2010) E90 N54 is the pinnacle.
Oct 15, 2007
94 posts
8 upvotes
X20A wrote:

I had a 2006 330i which had auto transmission and that was it, it really did feel a step down in Luxury from my wife's 2011 RX350. However last week I traded in the 330i for a 2011 335xi with Executive and Navigation package and I can tell you that it actually feels MORE luxurious than my wife's RX350 which is more luxurious than an IS. So I think as long as you get the right packages, you are fine with a 335 in that regards.

Performance wise I can't compare to the IS-F as I have not driven one, but the 335 is really a beautiful car to drive.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
What's your problem? Just because this guy mistook the 1 series M coupe with M1? Everyone here knows he wasn't talking about the original M1. Take your hatred elsewhere.
qaz393 wrote: u are pretty fail at sales person. thats y i hate all sales people.....

M1 is very different from 1 series M coupe......
May 27, 2007
16088 posts
4769 upvotes
Toronto
Jerry,

Im glad theres finally a BMW rep on board to help the members, but please keep in mind of the forum rules and reply your answers in public (instead of privately PMing).

Retailers and other businesses are allowed to participate on the forums to provide support to users as long as they clearly identify themselves and pursue no commercial activity whatsoever. This prohibition includes private messages. Businesses can answer support questions or provide product information, but cannot offer prices or quotes even when specifically asked for them.

Posting incentives/rebates are OK (ie: interest/financing/leasing rates etc). But any sort of pricing/quotes on specific models/products are prohibited.

Thanks.
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2007
5977 posts
1468 upvotes
???
Good, I was gonna say how the pms were utterly rediciulous.
AcidBomber wrote: Jerry,

Im glad theres finally a BMW rep on board to help the members, but please keep in mind of the forum rules and reply your answers in public (instead of privately PMing).

Retailers and other businesses are allowed to participate on the forums to provide support to users as long as they clearly identify themselves and pursue no commercial activity whatsoever. This prohibition includes private messages. Businesses can answer support questions or provide product information, but cannot offer prices or quotes even when specifically asked for them.

Posting incentives/rebates are OK (ie: interest/financing/leasing rates etc). But any sort of pricing/quotes on specific models/products are prohibited.

Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
8683 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
What's the deal with HPFP issues with the N54 motor? Any conclusive outcome?

If it's positive, I may be looking for a CPO 135i M Sport with under 60k ^_^
May 17, 2003
820 posts
742 upvotes
Mississauga
KevC wrote: What's the deal with HPFP issues with the N54 motor? Any conclusive outcome?

Another thing to look out for is the turbo wastegate rattle. Just had both turbos replaced on my 335xi, under warranty, otherwise it's a pricey job.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)