Automotive

BMW questions and answers

Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33206 posts
21116 upvotes
Toronto
in terms of price negotiation, you can try out your local dealers and shoot for 6% off the configured price. If one dealer says no, then move on to the next dealer.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2169 upvotes
GTA
booblehead wrote: No issue I have heard of.

I say go for the m240. engine for one is the major difference (changing over on the MY17)
rear timing chain is not fun or good...........
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2004
2113 posts
79 upvotes
booblehead wrote: in terms of price negotiation, you can try out your local dealers and shoot for 6% off the configured price. If one dealer says no, then move on to the next dealer.
Gotcha. Thanks again
WTB: TUBE of Bison and Antelope (Milk spot free)
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
2086 posts
584 upvotes
Mississauga
I took it to BMW Etobicoke again after I sent the videos to bmwtechnician.com. He said he can hear a slight whine :-( I left the vehicle there today, since its busy they will only get to it tomorrow morning. Either way if it is or isn't the timing chain I'm planning to change it to get piece of mind, but will try to get BMW to cover it. Wish me luck.
qaz393 wrote: What car? No xenon lights?

Sorry for you loss.

Direct injection does make different noise,......
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2012
6942 posts
6062 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Looks like diesels may be arriving soon after all...,

"In what may be a "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead" moment, BMW is starting to produce model year 2017 diesel-powered vehicles earmarked for the US. Oil-burning variants of BMW's 3 Series sedan and wagon as well as diesel versions of its X3 and X5 SUVs may soon hit these shores."

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/01/17/2017 ... es-update/
Jul 18, 2011
131 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Hello, I am looking to lease a demo X3 , and now they have an offer of $1500. How much more % can I negotiate on top of the incentive ? Can I do another 6-7%? And how much can I ask for off for a demo that's 7000km?

Also is the fees negotiable ? Its outrageous.

Thx
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33206 posts
21116 upvotes
Toronto
That's a used car. For offering, just do 15% off the configured msrp and just + taxes + license. Nothing else

You will need to get carproof to check for dealer's accident claims (if any) and check when the car was registered in service date (as factory orig warranty may have started). Do note with this much mileage, you should understand it had been driven from normal to harshly over the course and there will likely be some kind of repairs that had been done in house.

As for wear and tear at 7000km, you would expect some wear on brakes and tires, hence, you are considering this car price offering as used
Feb 25, 2009
606 posts
88 upvotes
I'm interested in buying a used BMW from a dealer. If a car is not advertised as being CPO, what is the typical cost to add the certification?
Jul 18, 2011
131 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
So I got this offer from the dealer:

Demo X3 28i Blue with leather, 3000km, 2 mths new. The promo they have now plus from my work gives me about $2500 incentive. And after that they give me $6000 off.

I'm trading my car in for about $4k, and the monthly payment comes up about $625 with no up front. That includes excess ware as well. Would that be a good deal ?
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2169 upvotes
GTA
KSport wrote: The new B58 engine is very nice. I would say it's worth it to go for a '17 just for that alone.
no electric waterpump is good
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
qaz393 wrote: no electric waterpump is good
Too bad the turbo water pump still electric.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2169 upvotes
GTA
bomber17 wrote: Too bad the turbo water pump still electric.
damn is it really. so detailed
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
qaz393 wrote: is it really???? i do not see any electice waterpump here.......... only thing bad as far as i can see is electronic heat management module. another computer that could possibly fail
There is. This link shows the actual engine diagram. The waterpump has to be electric for the turbos or you'll cook them when you turn off the car. It allows the waterpump to still cool the turbos even when engine is off. This was why people installed a turbo timer on earlier turbocharged cars so that it allows the turbos to cool down.

BMW B58 Engine Diagram
Aug 14, 2005
382 posts
3 upvotes
I am in the GTA

Looking to get a 2017 440i x drive fully loaded. My lease on my Audi is early August. I heard the facelift will come out in March. Can someone confirm that for Canada?

I went to a dealership and they say I have to order from factory since it's fully loaded. Is it true that it's harder to get a deal if I order the car vs getting one from the lot? How much of a deal can I usually get for a around $77k car? I'm trying to shop around for a deal.

How come the 440i does not have the package (they only have the m1 and m2 package) where they have thr 20" rims and also the front and side skirt and the rear skirt?

Thanks.
May 8, 2016
185 posts
85 upvotes
bomber17 wrote: Too bad the turbo water pump still electric.
Why are electric water pumps bad?
Mar 9, 2009
665 posts
236 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
^On BMW's they tend to fail every 100-120k, almost like clockwork

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)