Automotive

BMW questions and answers

Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23357 posts
8295 upvotes
Toronto
^ just ask for Maxbimmer discount, that's it. No need to show proof of your assoication (forum member) with Maxbimmer at all.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
2030 posts
1655 upvotes
SPACEMANRICK wrote:
Feb 21st, 2016 3:37 pm
Keep in mind that BMW includes 4 years free maintenance also in the purchase price (going down to 3 years for the 2017 models)
I know this is the case for Americans (they have more included than us) but this is the first time I'm hearing about this being applied to Canadian vehicles too.

Is there a source you can provide?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11041 posts
2448 upvotes
Montréal
booblehead wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2016 12:55 pm
^ just ask for Maxbimmer discount, that's it. No need to show proof of your assoication (forum member) with Maxbimmer at all.
I can go to any staff in Parts? Do they deliver to my home or I pick up at the dealership?

Is this the site to reference prices? There's 15% off of that?
https://www.getbmwparts.com/index.cfm

Tx.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23357 posts
8295 upvotes
Toronto
tranquility922 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2016 1:09 pm
I can go to any staff in Parts? Do they deliver to my home or I pick up at the dealership?

Is this the site to reference prices? There's 15% off of that?
https://www.getbmwparts.com/index.cfm

Tx.
You need to pick up at Maranello. If Maranello is too far, I believe TCBMW will also match other bmw dealers as long you get a quote first from Maranello and then ask for matching

The site you attached is US. Expect the price to be 50+% more when quoted in Canada (to reflect US currency exchange, shipping and added Cdn markup).
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11041 posts
2448 upvotes
Montréal
booblehead wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2016 1:16 pm
You need to pick up at Maranello. If Maranello is too far, I believe TCBMW will also match other bmw dealers as long you get a quote first from Maranello and then ask for matching

The site you attached is US. Expect the price to be 50+% more when quoted in Canada (to reflect US currency exchange, shipping and added Cdn markup).
I guess there's no Cdn equivalent site?

Why are the dealers doing this, I assume they have their cut in there somewhere?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23357 posts
8295 upvotes
Toronto
tranquility922 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2016 1:23 pm
I guess there's no Cdn equivalent site?

Why are the dealers doing this, I assume they have their cut in there somewhere?
No such site available in Canada. You just have to call each dealer to find out their asking price. At least some are willing to give us a price break while other bmw dealers say "if you don't like it, then shop in US".

btw, the Candian prices are controlled by BMW Canada, our market is probably 1/10 the size of US and therefore, the cost of parts are substantially less competitive than US. So, this is the typical answer. :D
Jun 2, 2009
228 posts
49 upvotes
if you don't care about OEM then there are other sources. You could try GermanParts.ca (saw their booth at the autoshow last week)
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11041 posts
2448 upvotes
Montréal
poker838 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2016 3:48 pm
if you don't care about OEM then there are other sources. You could try GermanParts.ca (saw their booth at the autoshow last week)
Is there a quality-difference? I'm very green here and don't wanna risk things just to save a few bucks.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23357 posts
8295 upvotes
Toronto
just for example, the brake rotors. Zimmerman, Pagid, Balo, ATE and with a few other brakes components manuf. make them for BMW and stamped with bmw logo. Obviously, with the OEM stamped parts, you are to pay about 15-20% more for the rotor. After all, BMW does not make brake rotors, Zimerman and others do and made with strict BMW specificiations. These are the OEM equivalent.

Naturally, there are more manuf. make rotors for the bmw as well but their quality is a 'hit & miss', certainly the parts are substantially costing much less than the OE/OEM parts. Just take a look at rockauto.com and you will see the range of prices
Jun 2, 2009
228 posts
49 upvotes
I personally have not had any issues with using generic stuff (brakes, water pump, spark plugs / ignition coils).

edit - just saw booblehead's post. +1 for zimmerman.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11041 posts
2448 upvotes
Montréal
poker838 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2016 4:14 pm
I personally have not had any issues with using generic stuff (brakes, water pump, spark plugs / ignition coils).

edit - just saw booblehead's post. +1 for zimmerman.
However, I assume that you know what you're doing and have compared the various parts?
Mar 14, 2006
871 posts
128 upvotes
Coquitlam
bombdiggity wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2016 1:05 pm
I know this is the case for Americans (they have more included than us) but this is the first time I'm hearing about this being applied to Canadian vehicles too.

Is there a source you can provide?
That is a good point I read the posting about the change from BMW of North America from 4 years to 3 years for 2017 and assumed that it also applied to Canada. No I have not seen anything specifically yet from BMW Canada confirming a change from 4 years to 3 years of maintenance.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2016/01/07/start ... intenance/
Dec 14, 2011
124 posts
68 upvotes
OTTAWA
Anyone know if BMW released any incentives in March for the X3?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
7844 posts
366 upvotes
Brampton
Question about the $1000 loyalty credit.

I saw it says "A current owner of a 2010 to 2015 BMW vehicle not contracted to BMW Financial Services"

So if I own one between 2010 and 2015 but I didn't buy from a bmw dealership am I still eligible for the credit?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23357 posts
8295 upvotes
Toronto
You should qualify if you are the current owner ...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Tadalafil