Automotive

BMW questions and answers

Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12398 posts
4933 upvotes
Toronto
Do they have to put you in a group of 2? So each of you switch to drive or you go with the instructor.

Remember one event similar to this, they put 2 people in one car and each get to drive a lap or 2 then switch.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
4326 posts
794 upvotes
MP3_SKY wrote: Do they have to put you in a group of 2? So each of you switch to drive or you go with the instructor.

Remember one event similar to this, they put 2 people in one car and each get to drive a lap or 2 then switch.
IN my case was group of 3. Time was tight...supposed to be 2-5 but ended up 2:30-4...wtf? I think obstacle course could be abandoned because 100% of local BMW owners will not be off-roading their cars on 10+ % slope
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2007
3662 posts
725 upvotes
Toronto
anyone know a reputable BMW shop in ottawa?
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2007
3662 posts
725 upvotes
Toronto
anyone have any feedback with Duss Brothers?
Mar 27, 2012
336 posts
160 upvotes
White Comet wrote: No, one is a BMW Toronto sales, another is i don't know. Just talking a lot of adult content :x

Oh... Were you with the guy who made the weird comment about whether it was pee or xxx after coming out of the M5?
Jan 4, 2007
415 posts
159 upvotes
Vancouver
tranquility922 wrote: Did you replace all even though only some were damaged? Only my front struts are leaking. Sucks to spend money just to be 'consistent'.
You could do just the fronts only but your rears are the same age as the fronts and they can start to leak not long afterwards which means another service visit.
I changed the rears since the car is on the hoist already, I could afford it and I didn't want to come back again.
Mar 27, 2012
336 posts
160 upvotes
White Comet wrote: Yes, i facepalmed pretty hard... :facepalm:
Yeah i got in the seat he sat in after... I forgot everything when the driver hit the accelerator pedal.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
40Niner wrote: You could do just the fronts only but your rears are the same age as the fronts and they can start to leak not long afterwards which means another service visit.
I changed the rears since the car is on the hoist already, I could afford it and I didn't want to come back again.
TX, I'll have to bit the bullet then. I guess it's alright for 200,000kms.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2007
3662 posts
725 upvotes
Toronto
jesus! PPI in ottawa is expensive
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33206 posts
21116 upvotes
Toronto
Depends on how comprehensive the ppi is. Some will have 2 different ppi level

$250 for the more comprehensive one is acceptable
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2001
1609 posts
324 upvotes
Mississauga
How much is it for PPI in GTA at the dealership? Looking to get one done for my 2015 X3 28D which is coming up on warranty expiry. I think Maranello said around $200.

Anything I should ask them to look for in particular? Any specific issues on the diesel version?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)