Automotive

BMW questions and answers

Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
White Comet wrote: Really? there's such thing?
It happens but it’s very, very odd though ... but then if bmw buys it at market value, it would be very unlikely they can resell that at > $35k . Even the wholesalers will likely not buy it at $35k

I wonder which model this is ? C class ?

If dealer keeps it, then new car dept may need to pay off the used car dept for the inflated value.

I wonder if op gets any discount on the new bimmer ?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2007
5522 posts
3051 upvotes
GTA
booblehead wrote: If Endras is this arrogant, then go with the other dealer. Sometimes, I really don't understand their mentality, they would rather lose the sales than trying to pocket that bogus fees. :facepalm:
I told them that they're going to lose this deal because of this fee, and then they clarified that of the $895, $499 is an admin fee, so the balance ($395) is the one year tire protection package. This makes a little more sense now, but they still haven't communicated it very well.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3873 posts
1142 upvotes
GTA
The_Professor wrote: I told them that they're going to lose this deal because of this fee, and then they clarified that of the $895, $499 is an admin fee, so the balance ($395) is the one year tire protection package. This makes a little more sense now, but they still haven't communicated it very well.
$499 is still high in my opinion (The 2 dealers I got quotes from late last year both came with $399 admin fee), and I still don't get why a tire protection package should be mandatory.
And if I think tires may need repair/replacement in the 1st year, I would consider getting a protection plan that covers the entire lease term, not just the 1st year.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
yup. $100 more in dealer admin fee than others and they are hedging that the $395 you will not be claiming it in the first year ... that's like $500 in their pocket. @The_Professor , you can certainly tell Endras that you will be calling OMVIC to file an official complaint into their sales practice that this tire protection is "Mandatory".
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2013
5697 posts
1522 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
terry0703 wrote: $499 is still high in my opinion (The 2 dealers I got quotes from late last year both came with $399 admin fee), and I still don't get why a tire protection package should be mandatory.
And if I think tires may need repair/replacement in the 1st year, I would consider getting a protection plan that covers the entire lease term, not just the 1st year.
Here in Alberta it’s $499. If it is a M, $3499 M delivery charge. Even Porsche won’t charge the latter. Go figure
The_Professor wrote: I told them that they're going to lose this deal because of this fee, and then they clarified that of the $895, $499 is an admin fee, so the balance ($395) is the one year tire protection package. This makes a little more sense now, but they still haven't communicated it very well.
Then they will trick you and change the price of the vehicle. Or they will make one of the other odd charges/fees more... or, they might give you lower dollar valued tires or some accessory. lol
Accountant (Public Practice)
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3873 posts
1142 upvotes
GTA
FirstGear wrote: Here in Alberta it’s $499. If it is a M, $3499 M delivery charge. Even Porsche won’t charge the latter. Go figure
Understandable if it's entirely different region, especially different province. Not that I understand $3500 delivery charge Smiling Face With Horns
But that Endras is in GTA region, where typical admin fee (for the same model + same package) is $100 less than their quote.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
for me, if I am thinking of buying a M car, I would never pay up for that kind of bogus M car delivery charges. I would rather walk over to other Euro brands.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2007
5522 posts
3051 upvotes
GTA
booblehead wrote: yup. $100 more in dealer admin fee than others and they are hedging that the $395 you will not be claiming it in the first year ... that's like $500 in their pocket. @The_Professor , you can certainly tell Endras that you will be calling OMVIC to file an official complaint into their sales practice that this tire protection is "Mandatory".
Yeah, I've already decided I'm going with another dealer, but it's odd that they can sit there and tell me the fee is mandatory when we all know that it's not.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12400 posts
4937 upvotes
Toronto
terry0703 wrote: Understandable if it's entirely different region, especially different province. Not that I understand $3500 delivery charge Smiling Face With Horns
But that Endras is in GTA region, where typical admin fee (for the same model + same package) is $100 less than their quote.
What a BS.
$3499 delivery charge because it is a M car.

What's the difference to delivery a M3 verus a 330i?
They both a car with 4 wheels with the aspect of delivering.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
Exactly. Bogus "made up" fee to make buyer feel it is a M car that needs extra special attention for the PDI. LOL.

MP3_SKY wrote: What a BS.
$3499 delivery charge because it is a M car.

What's the difference to delivery a M3 verus a 330i?
They both a car with 4 wheels with the aspect of delivering.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
No. Since you are likely will be asked to pay for FULL freight/pdi and dealer admin fee.

You should go after about 7.5% ... that would be about 1.5% more than the standard 6%, which translates to around $900 (assuming the car is $60,000 msrp) ... don't forget that you are still entitled to all the factory credit as well.
Mar 15, 2004
420 posts
16 upvotes
I have tried very hard to get 8% but not budding over 6
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3873 posts
1142 upvotes
GTA
booblehead wrote: No. Since you are likely will be asked to pay for FULL freight/pdi and dealer admin fee.

You should go after about 7.5% ... that would be about 1.5% more than the standard 6%, which translates to around $900 (assuming the car is $60,000 msrp) ... don't forget that you are still entitled to all the factory credit as well.
Is it a normal practice? Isn't a demo car basically a used car?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
Tik wrote: I have tried very hard to get 8% but not budding over 6
get new then ... I would not let them to have a free lunch on your wallet as it has been driven for probably 1 month by many people.
Mar 15, 2004
420 posts
16 upvotes
terry0703 wrote: Is it a normal practice? Isn't a demo car basically a used car?
Well, its almost new with several hundreds of KMs, I learned that there is usually 6 to 6.5 % discount on a new purchase.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
terry0703 wrote: Is it a normal practice? Isn't a demo car basically a used car?
In a sense, yes. Used. It is likely car is not registered and may be used with dealer plate as demo or daily driven by employee.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3873 posts
1142 upvotes
GTA
Tik wrote: Well, its almost new with several hundreds of KMs, I learned that there is usually 6 to 6.5 % discount on a new purchase.
I know it's almost new, just wondering about freight/PDI.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3873 posts
1142 upvotes
GTA
booblehead wrote: In a sense, yes. Used. It is likely car is not registered and may be used with dealer plate as demo or daily driven by employee.
Ah I see. that is the difference, I guess.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)