BMW questions and answers

Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
2709 posts
803 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote:
Feb 14th, 2017 1:52 pm
Maranello has the Maxbimmer forum discount. You do have to ask for it.
Pfaff Mississauga has the True North forum discount.
TCBMW sells at MSRP but may match the other dealer's discounted pricing (but you do have to know the discounted price from others first).

If no luck or still too pricey, what about ebay ?

this one is painted .. but double shocker ... LOL

https://bimmian.com/Accessories-for-BMW ... ole-Cover/
Thanks, I'll give Maranello a call.

As for the link, I have that particular one, however I'm looking to revert back to the OEM one (with the keyhole) and mine is no where to be found.
Feb 16, 2017
1 posts
Hi All,

Before I begin I just want to thank everyone for their contributions in this forum - I have found it to be extremely helpful.

I need just a bit more help, so if you don't mind, I really appreciate it.

I am in the market for a 328xi and have found a demo model at a GTA dealership. This vehicle is 2016 with the m-sport line, premium essential, silver ext/black int and excess wear protection, with <1000km on it currently.

The current price being offered is $632 incl tax/month over 48 at 0.9%. $2632 is due at signing which includes first month's payment.

I personally do not believe I can get any lower than this, however thought this would be the best place to ask.

Thanks in advance!
Feb 17, 2017
9 posts
2 upvotes
Hi guys,

I am in market for SUV. I've looking at new x1 for awhile but recently came across this listing and thought I'd ask you guys opinions. What would the smarter choice?
Get the x5 for 4-5k more or get x1 fully loaded?
And what would be considered a good deal for x5?

http://m.autotrader.ca/a/19_10011839

https://crm.bmw.ca/en-CA/PreOwned/Searc ... etails-top

Thanks for your time.
Mar 27, 2012
271 posts
113 upvotes
Christianbai1984 wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 10:06 pm
Hi guys,

I am in market for SUV. I've looking at new x1 for awhile but recently came across this listing and thought I'd ask you guys opinions. What would the smarter choice?
Get the x5 for 4-5k more or get x1 fully loaded?
And what would be considered a good deal for x5?

I would be careful with the X5 diesel as carbon buildup is an issue, the X1 is by far one of the best BMWs I've owned and its a great deal. That being said the fully loaded version is probably overkill, I would try and go for a more basic model as the features on the M-sport are somewhat useless in everyday driving. Alternatively, I would try and find a 35i X5, as reliability is much better and the engine sounds great too. Depends on how much space you need, these vehicles are not comparable.

https://crm.bmw.ca/en-CA/PreOwned/Searc ... etails-top

Thanks for your time.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23398 posts
8354 upvotes
Toronto
What is the residual ?

Just for comparison using the 2017 330xdrive. February figures

-Msport line
-Premium Essential

- Toronto Auto show special now til 02/28/17
http://bmw-gta.ca/en/SpecialOffers
* $1000 factory credit
* 1% lease rate reduction

-Assumed discount asked is 6.5% off the configured price of $54,200.
-Add on the factory credit of $1000
-freight & Pdi and dealer admin fee rolled into the monthly payment
- 48 months term
- 48% residual
- 20,000km per year
- $0 down
> calculated monthly = $693 per month (taxes included)
- Balance due on delivery - excess wear & tear protection + PPSA + A/C tax + OMVIC fee + tire levy + full tank of gas + 1st month lease + plate transfer = $2,585 (taxes included). New License or license sticker is extra on top

- Effective payment for the 4 yr term = $733 per month (taxes included)

jomich wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 3:16 pm
Hi All,

Before I begin I just want to thank everyone for their contributions in this forum - I have found it to be extremely helpful.

I need just a bit more help, so if you don't mind, I really appreciate it.

I am in the market for a 328xi and have found a demo model at a GTA dealership. This vehicle is 2016 with the m-sport line, premium essential, silver ext/black int and excess wear protection, with <1000km on it currently.

The current price being offered is $632 incl tax/month over 48 at 0.9%. $2632 is due at signing which includes first month's payment.

I personally do not believe I can get any lower than this, however thought this would be the best place to ask.

Thanks in advance!
Feb 17, 2017
9 posts
2 upvotes
If you had two lease option, what would be better?

Take over someone else's lease or get a brand new lease or demo? ( identicle option but one with m package- private lease takeover ) vs no m package fron dealership

2016 bmw x1 with m sport package
Current buyout: $43400
8 payments made
Lease payment : $701 with tax
40 payments left
Lease take over fee :$599
$8500 damage insurance return on it (Paid 1500$)
He is willing to take two payments
Buyout 22800
First payment included

Is this a good deal to take over?

Vs
Get a brand new lease off of bmw dealership.
( I didn't talk to them yet and this will be my first leased car.. so I have no idea what considered as good lease deal)

http://m.autotrader.ca/a/5_29648303

Vs brand new 2017 or 2016 x1 demo

Thanks guy!!!
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23398 posts
8354 upvotes
Toronto
Leasetakeover - current owner should also pay for lease transfer fee + dealer inspection cost (to ensure the wear and tear items are corrected before new owner takes over)

Spec out a MY 17 and I can do a calc for you as to what you could be looking at

As for the used on listed at Parkview. Asking $40,800. If you can get it for $38,000 - $38,500 + taxes (no other fees), then it would be a fair deal.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23398 posts
8354 upvotes
Toronto
^ is the dealer asking in Canadian $ ? Face Screaming In Fear

diesel is not selling that well, hence the vehicle (being stated as lease return) is likely passed over by bmw dealer as the dealer believes it will take a real long time to sell it and bmw canada then simply auctioned it off to wholesaler. In such case, there is probably very little warranty left on the car as well and you will have to get your own aftermarket warranty or pay $4000+ for bmw extended warranty.

For MY2014, the ad says "Executive Package", I don't believe it existed. You should get the VIN # and do some diligence on checking to see exactly what this car has in option packages.

If this car is said "Fully loaded", I would say low $40's would be your target price to pay for this. (this dealer probably picked up the car in the high $30's from auction)

As in any typical used car buying, always make your offer contingent to PPI and have written clause that the deposit is refundable without penalty and fees deducted as subject to PPI and any repair issues settlement
Oct 13, 2008
391 posts
52 upvotes
I current have a lease that ends in end of april. Can i sign the lease on newer model now and pay monthly & pick up car before i return my old car?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23398 posts
8354 upvotes
Toronto
all depends on the dealer's motivation level to earn your business. Also, you just have to make sure the dealer is giving you a decent discount to begin with. All you do is to sign now, drop off the old car and pick up new car when it arrives.

btw, what newer model is coming out in April ? All I know most of the bmw model year 2017 will begin to clear out in some fashion, beginning in spring.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2805 posts
637 upvotes
Mississauga
My dad is looking to replace his GMC Envoy that got written off in a recent accident, and he is looking at 2006-2008 X5 around 100K km.
I keep on telling him to stay away but he seems set in his ways and really wants the car. What are the things to look for during the test drives and inspections? What are the most common problems with these??
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23398 posts
8354 upvotes
Toronto
x5 35 stay away. No matter what ! you have been warned
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2805 posts
637 upvotes
Mississauga
Its what I keep telling him!!! Any knows issues, problems I can point out to change his mind?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23398 posts
8354 upvotes
Toronto
HPFP is one of the major pain in the butt.

Although the X5 35 may have been fixed, but the problem seems to persist for some over and over again and BMW Canada has started to resist the idea of having it fix it over and over and over again at their dime. In some cases (over at the bimmer forum), BMW Canada told the dealer the 10 yr extended warranty on this would be applicable to just a one time only fix, any future recurrence will not be honored.

I had a 2008 and the issues happened twice for me.

If you have pay to for this, dealer pricing is near $2000 (incl. changing out coil packs, plugs as well); if done by outside mechanic, it would probably be about 50% of the dealer.