Automotive

BMW questions and answers

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2017 2:26 pm
Feb 15, 2009
9 posts
ottawa
Help understanding current bmw x3 promotions.

I am thinking of purchasing a new base model X3.

Current incentives include:

BMW Delivery Credit: 1500
BMW Loyalty Cash Credit: 1000
BMW Alternate Cash Credit: 1500

Sorry for the newbie questions but:
- what is that first incentive? I don't understand what it means.
- would the loyalty credit work if you were a previous bmw owner (had a 318i for a while) but do not currently own a bmw

Finally would all three incentives stack (assuming I qualified for each one individually).

thanks
Jun 2, 2009
183 posts
10 upvotes
Delivery Credit - for any in stock vehicle
Loyalty Credit - applies if you've had one in the last 4 years
Alternate Cash Credit - in lieu of lease rate reductions if you're paying cash

you could also try to snag an autoshow offer
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
17789 posts
3409 upvotes
Toronto
delivery and loyalty credits can be stacked + whatever you can get off from the dealer side (aim at around 6-7% off) but do watch out the piled on fees.
Jun 24, 2016
12 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I am looking to buy 3 series and i noticed Parkview BMW have the following car

Can you guys please suggest about parkview BMW dealer and how much i can negotiate from the marked price ($35,784).

Appreciate if you guys give me some idea what's the best BMW dealer in Toronto GTA ?. Will i be able to negotiate a better deal if i pay all in cash or Draft?
Last edited by Usher9387 on Feb 23rd, 2017 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 27, 2012
93 posts
30 upvotes
Usher9387 wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2017 11:45 pm
I am looking to buy 3 series and i noticed Parkview BMW have the following car

https://crm.bmw.ca/en-CA/PreOwned/Searc ... etails-top

Can you guys please suggest about parkview BMW dealer and how much i can negotiate from the marked price ($35,784).

Appreciate if you guys give me some idea what's the best BMW dealer in Toronto GTA ?. Will i be able to negotiate a better deal if i pay all in cash or Draft?
Have only dealt with Parkview for leasing my new vehicles, they are amazing in sales. I would go elsewhere to service your vehicle. I think I liked the sales department at Parkview a lot more than the other dealers I went to when I bought my car, but I also have a good relationship with the family that owns the dealer.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
17789 posts
3409 upvotes
Toronto
that 16 320 is listing at a fair price for $34,784 from the link (surprisingly). You have it written here in your post as $35,784. The catch may be the fees. Just watch out and say no to bogus fees.

As for negotiation room, I think you still have about $500 - 800 in there to discuss (as based on $34,784). If dealer says no more $ discount, then negotiate for parts credit of $1,000.

Do get the carproof report and ask the origin of the car, whether it is belonged to the dealership and used as a daily rental / demo / employee driven lease, etc. My feeling is such. That's why I feel you may have a slight leverage in getting a bit more from the current listing price. Also have the dealer disclose to you in writing whether the car has ever been repaired in-house for accidents (which were not insurance claimed), this may affect even more of a price negotiation standpoint, IMO.
Jun 24, 2016
12 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 7:33 am
that 16 320 is listing at a fair price for $34,784 from the link (surprisingly). You have it written here in your post as $35,784. The catch may be the fees. Just watch out and say no to bogus fees.

As for negotiation room, I think you still have about $500 - 800 in there to discuss (as based on $34,784). If dealer says no more $ discount, then negotiate for parts credit of $1,000.

Do get the carproof report and ask the origin of the car, whether it is belonged to the dealership and used as a daily rental / demo / employee driven lease, etc. My feeling is such. That's why I feel you may have a slight leverage in getting a bit more from the current listing price. Also have the dealer disclose to you in writing whether the car has ever been repaired in-house for accidents (which were not insurance claimed), this may affect even more of a price negotiation standpoint, IMO.
Many thanks booblehead, I will keep in mind the stuff you advised. Sorry ,my bad it is $34,784.Do i need to worry if the car used as daily rental / demo / employee driven lease, etc ?

This is the first time i am planning to buy a used car from the dealer and new to this country ,so i am trying to get an advise/suggestion from senior members here.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
17789 posts
3409 upvotes
Toronto
As you know, typical daily rental, loaner, etc are driven pretty hard and may be even recklessly (per se) by different people who do not care much of the car they are given for the day. Damages like door dings, cracked/scratched bumper, some may even put in regular gas, instead of the required premium gas, hence over time, it may be a cause of some concern to the engine.

If this is disclosed to you truthfully by the dealer, then you have a bit more thinking to do whether you want to proceed with the car or not. If you do, then at least you have reason to bargain a bit more on the listed price. If you intend to keep the car for only a short period of time, say just before the factory warranty expires, then it could be worthwhile to get it, as long the price is negotiated in your favor.

If you are going to buy brand new 320 now, there is a small Auto show factory credit of $1000, but obviously, you are looking at much more $ to do this.
Jun 24, 2016
12 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 8:14 am
As you know, typical daily rental, loaner, etc are driven pretty hard and may be even recklessly (per se) by different people who do not care much of the car they are given for the day. Damages like door dings, cracked/scratched bumper, some may even put in regular gas, instead of the required premium gas, hence over time, it may be a cause of some concern to the engine.

If this is disclosed to you truthfully by the dealer, then you have a bit more thinking to do whether you want to proceed with the car or not. If you do, then at least you have reason to bargain a bit more on the listed price. If you intend to keep the car for only a short period of time, say just before the factory warranty expires, then it could be worthwhile to get it, as long the price is negotiated in your favor.

If you are going to buy brand new 320 now, there is a small Auto show factory credit of $1000, but obviously, you are looking at much more $ to do this.
Appreciate it and many thanks booblehead.
Nov 12, 2015
14 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I am interested in buying the all new MY2017 BMW 530, with M Spot Package. Since the car was just released, there is not much dealer incentive available and no BMW factory incentive. I was told that the max incentive they can give was about 2.5% as a dealer incentive. Do you think that I can negotiate a better deal?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
17789 posts
3409 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure which dealer you have spoken to. If you have not spoken to TCBMW, you can try ... aim at 5%

Allen Lee
Sales Consultant
(905) 948-2955
allen.lee@tcbmw.com
Mar 27, 2012
93 posts
30 upvotes
Luv2Deal wrote:
Feb 28th, 2017 11:12 am
I am interested in buying the all new MY2017 BMW 530, with M Spot Package. Since the car was just released, there is not much dealer incentive available and no BMW factory incentive. I was told that the max incentive they can give was about 2.5% as a dealer incentive. Do you think that I can negotiate a better deal?
PM if you want, when my X1 first came out and there was a 6 month waiting list I was able to get 6.5% off. Not sure about a 5 series, but I’m sure you can do a lot better than 2.5%.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
3046 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
any mini dealers here? look for a deal on the 2017 clubman all4
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2009
1325 posts
74 upvotes
richmondhill
have the 2011 323i
use synthetic oil,,bmw mentions you can go 20000 kms on an oil change
curious if low on oil ,,does the service light come on...its been 17000 kms since last oil change and have an appointment next sat..but curious if low on oil ,,does oil light come on,,,unlike other cars I had ..I just look at the dipstick..
thanks