Automotive

BMW questions and answers

Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21362 posts
23638 upvotes
Richmond Hill
johnnyboy5 wrote: Hi All. Quick question on BMW X promotion. I ordered my X3 M40i in March and I'm picking it up next week . It's a 45 month lease. Am I entitled to the benefit of current promotions as of the day I sign for and pick up my new vehicle, even if those promotions weren't on when I ordered my car? New to BMW so not sure the way that works. Thanks.
You’re entitled to current promo.
Dec 17, 2013
8 posts
2 upvotes
Excellent, thx. Do you know what the current promo is on the X3 M40i? There is nothing on the BMW.ca website.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2007
5494 posts
3013 upvotes
GTA
johnnyboy5 wrote: Excellent, thx. Do you know what the current promo is on the X3 M40i? There is nothing on the BMW.ca website.
Should be $750. Check the GTA BMW site for details.
Dec 12, 2011
97 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
Just before the xDrive promo started I got a free report from Car Cost Canada before the xDrive promotion started and it mentioned a $1,000 manufacturer credit called "BMW Delivery Credit (Finance & Lease) - Request the details from your dealer." - does anyone know if this is separate from the $750 xDrive credit (and stackable), or whether the $750 replaced it?

There was also one called "Alternate Cash Back" for $1,000 but that probably only applies to cash purchase?
Dec 12, 2011
97 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
No, the loyalty discount was mentioned separately from the above two discounts..
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
5020 posts
887 upvotes
Toronto
@booblehead do you know what the battery voltage needs to be in order for the start/stop function to work on a mini cooper. i think my one stopped working after a hardwire a dash cam with parking mode a few weeks ago. thanks man.
HEATWARE 18-0-0 since 2006
EBAY 38-0-0 Since 2003

IG: mkdrone_
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33206 posts
21116 upvotes
Toronto
marktang wrote: @booblehead do you know what the battery voltage needs to be in order for the start/stop function to work on a mini cooper. i think my one stopped working after a hardwire a dash cam with parking mode a few weeks ago. thanks man.
when electrical starts to act "funny", there could be hundreds of reasons. I would think as the battery starts to age, esp. bmw battery is known for not lasting long (5 yrs at most) , it could be an early sign that it is not providing the optimal electrical power/voltage and hence the computer then not engaging the ASS.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33206 posts
21116 upvotes
Toronto
Amsterdave wrote: No, the loyalty discount was mentioned separately from the above two discounts..
the site you are looking at may not be updated ?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
5020 posts
887 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote: when electrical starts to act "funny", there could be hundreds of reasons. I would think as the battery starts to age, esp. bmw battery is known for not lasting long (5 yrs at most) , it could be an early sign that it is not providing the optimal electrical power/voltage and hence the computer then not engaging the ASS.
Oh ok but my car is almost a yr old. So I don't think the battery is aging that fast. Maybe I will drive it more and see. Going to the dealer in June anyways so I'll ask them to check. Thanks.
HEATWARE 18-0-0 since 2006
EBAY 38-0-0 Since 2003

IG: mkdrone_
Dec 17, 2013
8 posts
2 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote: You’re entitled to current promo.
My dealer just told me that the X drive $750 promotion only applies to in stock vehicles and not to ordered ones? I see nothing in the fine print on this. Does anyone know if this is true? Thx. Edit: I now see in the fine print that he is correct on this point. However, there also seems to be a $1000 delivery credit on the M40i that is not specifically limited to in stock vehicles. Am I reading this correctly?
Last edited by johnnyboy5 on May 28th, 2018 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2007
5494 posts
3013 upvotes
GTA
johnnyboy5 wrote: My dealer just told me that the X drive $750 promotion only applies to in stock vehicles and not to ordered ones? I see nothing in the fine print on this. Does anyone know if this is true? Thx.
I received conflicting info on this as well. One dealer said in stock only, and the other said it simply applied to any deal struck during the promo period, including those that are ordered.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2007
5494 posts
3013 upvotes
GTA
I want to pick up an OEM all weather trunk liner for our new X3.....where is the best (cheapest) place to get a genuine liner?
Dec 17, 2013
8 posts
2 upvotes
johnnyboy5 wrote: My dealer just told me that the X drive $750 promotion only applies to in stock vehicles and not to ordered ones? I see nothing in the fine print on this. Does anyone know if this is true? Thx. Edit: I now see in the fine print that he is correct on this point. However, there also seems to be a $1000 delivery credit on the M40i that is not specifically limited to in stock vehicles. Am I reading this correctly?
Ok, further update. My dealer just confirmed that he will apply the $1,000 delivery credit, so I'm happy!
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33206 posts
21116 upvotes
Toronto
the current month promo should be applicable to all cars when it is delivered and registered, no matter they are special ordered or in stock. Dealer is not really doing any special favor to you in which you are really entitled to in the first place. If your dealer is telling you story that you don't qualify, then that $1000 will go straight to the dealer's pocket.
Dec 17, 2013
8 posts
2 upvotes
Thx and I agree. Its also pretty clear to me that they never would have applied the credit if I didn't specifically ask for it. So thx to you and the others on this site for just saving me $1,000 - much appreciated.
Mar 15, 2004
420 posts
16 upvotes
@booblehead In some of your post I read that you are not so fan of Lease Guard protection, debating if I should add or if it is worth it. Also, is the cost negotiation? Need to finalize today!
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33206 posts
21116 upvotes
Toronto
personally, I am not a fan of paying more $ ... esp. in this case $1400 + taxes for wear & tear protection. I suppose you can use the bulk of this plan by having the car returned with bald tires. But then, you have to ask yourself the question of whether you will feel safe for driving the bald tires in the first place as you are trying to stretch out of not replacing the tires to the end of term. Those runflats will typically last about 40,000 - 50,000km range, if driven year round.

It is matter of how you see the values of this kind of protection plan. Everyone will have different views on them.

Excess Wear & Use Protection

Now, this is end of lease coverage.
Our Excess Wear & Use Protection is the best in the business, bar none. Designed to give you maximum protection and peace of mind, it keeps you safe from additional costs at the end of your lease, such as excess wear and use missing parts. Any charges incurred at lease maturity are handled by BMW Financial Services and BMW Retailers, so you never have to worry. BMW Excess Wear and Use Protection is designed to keep you safe from additional costs at the end of your lease. Up to $7,500 of coverage is provided for damage including parts valued at $200 or less.

Our Excess Wear & Use Protection is the best in the business, bar none. Designed to give you maximum protection and peace of mind, it keeps you safe from additional costs at the end of your lease, such as excess wear and use missing parts. Charges incurred at lease maturity are handled by BMW Financial Services and BMW Retailers, so you never have to worry. BMW Excess Wear and Use Protection is designed to keep you safe from additional costs at the end of your lease. Up to $7,500 of coverage is provided for damage including parts valued at $200 or less.

Features.
We have developed our Excess Wear & Use Protection to offer you the most comprehensive peace or mind possible. Our policy covers;
Cost of Excess Wear & Use up to $7,500 (subject to terms and conditions).
Missing parts valued at $200 or less
Includes worn tires, rims, glass (subject to terms and conditions).
Product can be cancelled within the first 30 days of coverage.
Premium is included within your monthly payment so there are no additional up-front costs.

Eligibility.
BMW Excess Wear and Use Protection can be applied to:
New Vehicle leases through BMW Financial Services;
Must be purchased at vehicle inception;
Vehicles must have less than 15,000 km at inception.

Exclusions.
Excess kilometre charges are not covered under this protection program.
Mechanical & Electrical breakdown is not covered. (i.e. Brakes). (Mechanical and electrical breakdown is covered under the factory warranty)
Replacement parts that do not meet BMW specifications and quality.
Loss or damage covered by another service contract or warranty.
Single incident loss or damage over $1,000 and that is typically covered by auto insurance policy.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33206 posts
21116 upvotes
Toronto
btw, it would be rare for dealer to give discount on this kind of protection plan nowadays, unlike say 4-5 years ago. If you do want to get it, then give it your best try and ask for 10% off ... still better than nothing.