Automotive

BMW questions and answers

Jun 2, 2009
283 posts
98 upvotes
amiratish wrote: two BMW Genies guy take a look, they reset the car once, still not working
told us to call BMW Group, which we did, but they told us that has to be fixed in the dealership
it's like egg and chicken
Mine did that not too long ago. Have you tried going through idrive and check the Phone connections menu? There is a toggle at the device level between using iDrive vs Apple CarPlay. Too bad it won't let you do iDrive Maps + CarPlay for media. It's one or the other..

My Vehicle > iDrive Settings > Mobile Devices > Settings > Bluetooth > [idrive] vs [carplay]
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2009
2507 posts
551 upvotes
TO
EP32k2 wrote: I drove the M’s last year at endras and left completely disappointed. Turbo lag is absolutely horrendous on all of them so I have no idea what crack shit magazines are on saying lag is non existent.
M3 too? I have an f80 and it’s very responsive. The lag is there, but not bad at all.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21362 posts
23638 upvotes
Richmond Hill
tcharged wrote: M3 too? I have an f80 and it’s very responsive. The lag is there, but not bad at all.
Yeah across the board. From a dead start it's not bad, but I could purposely induce lag by being in 3rd gear doing 100-110 around 4000 rpm and then punching it. Big time lag. I guess I'm just spoiled by a super responsive NA motor.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
4500 posts
2538 upvotes
Thornhill
poker838 wrote: Mine did that not too long ago. Have you tried going through idrive and check the Phone connections menu? There is a toggle at the device level between using iDrive vs Apple CarPlay. Too bad it won't let you do iDrive Maps + CarPlay for media. It's one or the other..
The current X3 with Wireless CarPlay allows you to do that. You can use iDrive Map while streaming media from CarPlay.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1906 posts
707 upvotes
GTA
poker838 wrote: Mine did that not too long ago. Have you tried going through idrive and check the Phone connections menu? There is a toggle at the device level between using iDrive vs Apple CarPlay. Too bad it won't let you do iDrive Maps + CarPlay for media. It's one or the other..

My Vehicle > iDrive Settings > Mobile Devices > Settings > Bluetooth > [idrive] vs [carplay]
There is no carplay setting!
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21362 posts
23638 upvotes
Richmond Hill
White Comet wrote: damn, is the M power tour all done? BMW website has a all day track course at Bowmanville for $1695 + tax but not sure if I want to pay that much
Not worth it. Honestly if you want to just drive your car you can hit up Cayuga during the week for $100 after 5pm. It’s a safe track.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2009
2507 posts
551 upvotes
TO
EP32k2 wrote: Not worth it. Honestly if you want to just drive your car you can hit up Cayuga during the week for $100 after 5pm. It’s a safe track.
Question is:
Does insurance cover you if you crash at the track?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
4326 posts
794 upvotes
well the point is I am able to drive all those M cars to test it out on the track. $100 Cayuga I believe is bring your own car.

The other M power tour is the dealership ones but I can't find much more info on it...either the page is corrupted or is already over.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21362 posts
23638 upvotes
Richmond Hill
White Comet wrote: well the point is I am able to drive all those M cars to test it out on the track. $100 Cayuga I believe is bring your own car.

The other M power tour is the dealership ones but I can't find much more info on it...either the page is corrupted or is already over.
Lakeridge is having an event in July at mosport.

https://www.lakeridge.com/trackday/
Mar 31, 2012
114 posts
36 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Spent some time test driving and negotiating ‘18 M2 in Long Beach Blue with DCT as the only option.

48 month lease 2.15% with 20K a year = $787 Tax in.

Total due on delivery = $5100

Thoughts? About 7% total?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33206 posts
21116 upvotes
Toronto
Get it coded too to activate lots of hidden functions
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1906 posts
707 upvotes
GTA
how can I find out Applecar play password ? when the menu pops up to connect as Apple car play, asking a password