Automotive

BMW questions and answers

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2017 5:45 pm
Apr 30, 2017
4 posts
booblehead wrote:
May 2nd, 2017 8:24 am
always shoot for min. 6% and no bogus fees. You can start off asking 7%. May factory program starts today, do check to see if there is any credit allowance. btw, the X4 will have a facelift and due out late spring/mid summer 2018. Therefore, the chances of seeing a good factory credit allowance may begin around early spring 2018.
Thank you booblehead, Actually I liked the X3 better, I know the 2018 Model will be redesigned and lots of manufacture rebate on 2017 models, what discount should I expect for fully loaded X3, I heard the production line will be active till August
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
17428 posts
3168 upvotes
Toronto
there were a few rfders who went a few weeks ago during the special 4 day promo in which the factory were offering $750 extra on top of the $2000 April credit allowance program. They were asking in the 6.5% off on a configured X3 in which they were able to obtain in the end. I did not ask which GTA dealers they were dealing with.

The current X3 (MY2017) is scheduled to end production at end of August and the new gen X3 will start production in around late Jan to mid Feb 2018 and delivery may begin around March 2018. Therefore, do expect BMW to increase production of current X3 to fill in the missing gap while they re-tool for the new gen. I would say the factory credit will probably top out around $3000 - $3500 comes Oct/Nov and probably 7% off from the dealer side should be doable too.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
17428 posts
3168 upvotes
Toronto
KSport wrote:
May 2nd, 2017 11:57 am
I'm waiting to hear back on any new programs for May. Naturally the recently returned payment calculator is down for now.
May program is now showing on bmw.ca

I see the 3 series has $1500 factory credit now

X3 returns with $2000 factory credit in May (same as April)

Other than that, absolutely no factory credits for other models, except for the 6, M6 & 7 series
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
37010 posts
7481 upvotes
Can't wait for the all electric X3 in 2020. Hopefully BMW has flushed out those electric gremlins.
Jun 24, 2016
11 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I recently(March 2017) purchased 320i xdrive (2016) from BMW dealer. I went for service today and they found the passenger side front tire has bulged a little (It's very hard to notice until they marked the location). It's less than 5000km and bit surprised how that happened.

The service guys advised me to replace ASAP and prefer to replace with ContiProContact. They quoted $440 for it, including tax and labour.
Is it a good idea to buy tire protection now or is it better to change that specific tire?
Any suggestion where can i find better deal or any other rft tires. Are there any suggestions for other places that would do the tire change?

I am new to Toronto so any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Mar 6, 2008
300 posts
90 upvotes
Ottawa
booblehead wrote:
May 3rd, 2017 3:56 pm
May program is now showing on bmw.ca

I see the 3 series has $1500 factory credit now

X3 returns with $2000 factory credit in May (same as April)

Other than that, absolutely no factory credits for other models, except for the 6, M6 & 7 series
Link to the program for the 3 series? I'm clicking "Special Offers" on bmw.ca, but all I see are finances rates. I'm not even sure if those finance rates are up-to-date. The subscripts at the bottom are referring to April 2017 dates.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
17428 posts
3168 upvotes
Toronto
How are the other 3 tires ? Are they worn as well and in need to replacement ? If not, then, it would be cheaper to just buy one rf tire (same brand & model tire). If you are considering going normal tires, do note there is no spare in the trunk, therefore, you will need to think of in case of flat tire situation too.

For tire shopping, RFD have a bunch of preferred and/or popular shops, such as Simply Tires (Keele & Finch) . The shop does have pretty reasonable prices and good services.

Usher9387 wrote:
May 4th, 2017 10:10 pm
I recently(March 2017) purchased 320i xdrive (2016) from BMW dealer. I went for service today and they found the passenger side front tire has bulged a little (It's very hard to notice until they marked the location). It's less than 5000km and bit surprised how that happened.

The service guys advised me to replace ASAP and prefer to replace with ContiProContact. They quoted $440 for it, including tax and labour.
Is it a good idea to buy tire protection now or is it better to change that specific tire?
Any suggestion where can i find better deal or any other rft tires. Are there any suggestions for other places that would do the tire change?

I am new to Toronto so any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
17428 posts
3168 upvotes
Toronto
Yodums wrote:
May 5th, 2017 9:32 am
Thanks! I was hoping it would be a bmw.ca link to use in Ottawa. :)
It's in the configurator ... after you have done your configuration ... then under the "financing" ... you will see the credit

You should come and shop in the GTA, much more competition and they likely will play ball with you (esp. for 3 series)
Jun 24, 2016
11 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote:
May 5th, 2017 6:59 am
How are the other 3 tires ? Are they worn as well and in need to replacement ? If not, then, it would be cheaper to just buy one rf tire (same brand & model tire). If you are considering going normal tires, do note there is no spare in the trunk, therefore, you will need to think of in case of flat tire situation too.

For tire shopping, RFD have a bunch of preferred and/or popular shops, such as Simply Tires (Keele & Finch) . The shop does have pretty reasonable prices and good services.
Thanks, booblehead.All four have 90% thread left on it. I will check with simply tires then. Thanks again.
Apr 15, 2017
4 posts
Has anyone done the BMW Drive for the future event (new 5 series and 2018 models test drive)? It says you will receive an exclusive purchase offer once you do the test drive? Does anyone have insight to what the purchase offer is?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
17428 posts
3168 upvotes
Toronto
s24cam wrote:
May 8th, 2017 1:44 pm
Has anyone done the BMW Drive for the future event (new 5 series and 2018 models test drive)? It says you will receive an exclusive purchase offer once you do the test drive? Does anyone have insight to what the purchase offer is?
I booked my test drive new 5 series for end of May. Not sure of any incentive ($) will be given after the test drive. In my past experience of such event, it was just marketing hype/PR but I did get some cheapo bmw cup, pen, etc as a thankyou for coming. No forced selling by the sales guy, just Q&A on the car. It was not a long test drive either, around < 20 minutes at most.
May 8, 2016
179 posts
72 upvotes
Hey Booble. As mentioned above BMW is offering a -$1,500 delivery credit on the 3 series for May. Looking at a few Vancouver dealer websites I see they are advertising the first 3 payments waived. I'm wondering if they are referring to the delivery credit or if this is something different specific to those dealers?
Apr 15, 2017
4 posts
booblehead wrote:
May 8th, 2017 1:55 pm
I booked my test drive new 5 series for end of May. Not sure of any incentive ($) will be given after the test drive. In my past experience of such event, it was just marketing hype/PR but I did get some cheapo bmw cup, pen, etc as a thankyou for coming. No forced selling by the sales guy, just Q&A on the car. It was not a long test drive either, around < 20 minutes at most.
Thanks bobblehead. I signed up at the end of May as well. Was hoping they had an exclusive rate reduction or some incentive for 2018 models as I am looking to finalize a deal this month, but will wait until the end to see what end of the month incentives they have.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel