BMW questions and answers

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2017 2:07 pm
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18786 posts
4063 upvotes
Toronto
you can finalize it with a written clause (as long your dealer is willing to accept your condition) ... saying if there are special added factory credit allowance and reduction of interest rate as marketed by BMW Canada during any time in month of May, you are entitled to those added promotion without any adjustment to the discount already been negotiated for at time of signing.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18786 posts
4063 upvotes
Toronto
KSport wrote:
May 8th, 2017 2:25 pm
Hey Booble. As mentioned above BMW is offering a -$1,500 delivery credit on the 3 series for May. Looking at a few Vancouver dealer websites I see they are advertising the first 3 payments waived. I'm wondering if they are referring to the delivery credit or if this is something different specific to those dealers?
The BC is running the same 1500 factory credit as in Ontario (based on bmw.ca). The 3 waived payments must be the same thing as the $1500.

http://parkshore.bmw.ca/ca/parkshore/en ... s2017.html

see the conditions (max up to $1500)
May 2, 2011
736 posts
95 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I have a loaner 2017 320i while my car is in the shop and do not like the way it drives... when did BMW change the feel of the steering? The interior seems to be much cheaper than previous years. The leather on the seats seems cheaper and in general the seats are less comfortable, mind you I understand I'm driving the lowest model 3-series... but do things change much in the 335/340 models? Even the doors seem like they are lighter/cheaper, possibly less insulated, than older models.

The only thing I like is the BMW iDrive system as it's really responsive and the navigation system is actually useful.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18786 posts
4063 upvotes
Toronto
electric steering was implemented probably 4-5 yrs ago. The 320 interior, seat wise is with leatherette which is just synthetic type of material (which is more like rubber), even the dakota leather option is nothing to be desired of either, IMO.

If you like luxury interior, you need to go up to M and 5 series (with the upgraded leather) or above to be noticeable for what real leather seats are all about.
May 2, 2011
736 posts
95 upvotes
Oakville, ON
booblehead wrote:
May 10th, 2017 9:34 am
electric steering was implemented probably 4-5 yrs ago. The 320 interior, seat wise is with leatherette which is just synthetic type of material (which is more like rubber), even the dakota leather option is nothing to be desired of either, IMO.

If you like luxury interior, you need to go up to M and 5 series (with the upgraded leather) or above to be noticeable for what real leather seats are all about.
Thanks good to know. Is the electronic steering standard through all models even the M-models?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18786 posts
4063 upvotes
Toronto
M cars have switched to electric steering as well in the last few yrs.

The hydraulic steering is what gives the infamous bmw handling. These days, they are pretty vague and have little feel of the road.
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
8230 posts
2395 upvotes
Richmond Hill
3 series leather is crap (Dakota), if you can even call it leather lol. As bobble said need to go to M before you see a difference with the leather. I had a E90 M3 and have driven a few F30's. Your observations are correct. Current generation BMW's look and feel cheap inside. The cars are super plasticky and the worst part it's not even nice plastic.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2013
4824 posts
920 upvotes
Edmonton, AB

My DD (335i cabrio) is no more... Confused Face someone decided to pass a stopped bus I was by and smashed into my driver's side. I've only had 3 pedal cars ever since I got my license so that's a must for me. 440i doesn't come in that anymore so my next idea was a M4. I make more than enough to make the payments on a 911 but I wouldn't squeeze into the debt-service ratios the bank wants for my pre-con condo I just bought.

I'm looking at two 2015 CPO M4s here- one listed for $71,000 for the coupe, $84,000 for the cabrio. Should I aim for 7% off?

The thing is CPO cars are extremely pricey in the west here due to lower supply (Alberta is truck country)- almost don't feel it's worth it to buy used in some cases. Especially considering having less warranty.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18786 posts
4063 upvotes
Toronto
Oh no! you are okay, right ?

based on your remark, I assumed insurance has classified this as write off. If you are really going after a M4, you can price shop in Ontario or BC too and see if it will net you some discount (compared to AB)
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18786 posts
4063 upvotes
Toronto
I don't believe the price is for a CPO (extended warranty) car. Dealer is selling it "as is" and at $45K, you probably have about $3,000 negotiation room to make the dealer to come down to. $42K + taxes + license would be my fair #. I am sure you will need new tires fairly soon too (assuming dealer has not replaced them)
Oct 4, 2016
65 posts
32 upvotes
( sorry in advanced I'm a bit of newbie with purchasing vehicles )
Is it a bad idea to purchase a certified pre owned 2013-2014 5 series at 32-60k km - listed at $32000 -$37000 on local BMW dealership websites
- what sort of price is realistic to talk them down too ?

Thank you
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18786 posts
4063 upvotes
Toronto
F10 5 series is much better than the E60 5 series. Night & Day difference in quality. As in any cars, esp Euro brands, there will always be some sort of issues, just matter of how big or small they may be.

You have a link to that ?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2013
4824 posts
920 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
booblehead wrote:
May 17th, 2017 7:47 am
Oh no! you are okay, right ?

based on your remark, I assumed insurance has classified this as write off. If you are really going after a M4, you can price shop in Ontario or BC too and see if it will net you some discount (compared to AB)
Yes and yes. But BC prices aren't much better.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2009
2172 posts
233 upvotes
TO
FirstGear wrote:
May 17th, 2017 3:04 pm
Yes and yes. But BC prices aren't much better.
Ontario prices are terrible and dealers aren't negotiating much as there is huge demand for these cars (except for weird colors like yellow or Yasmina blue).
You might get 3K off if you're lucky. Out here in Ontario, clean examples sell in a week or less (I lost out on a beautiful tanzanite 2015 in 3 days that went for full price).
It's almost worth ordering new, except you have to wait and have to pay Freight + PDI.