Automotive

BMW questions and answers

Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
24534 posts
9453 upvotes
Toronto
just a reminder for those who are planning to get a bimmer in the next 12 months or so ...

The program has now been updated for 2017. BMW Group Canada is offering a discount equal to 2% of a vehicle’s MSRP, irrespective of the price negotiated with the dealer, and applies to cash, financed and leased purchase arrangements.

Note: Do call BMW Canada to ensure this offering by the club is valid

https://trilliumbmwclub.ca/membershipreward
Last edited by booblehead on May 24th, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
12512 posts
8678 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Ray Oliver wrote:
May 24th, 2017 3:00 pm
Price out an ATS-V, C63 AMG, or Giulia Quadrifoglio lately?
Nope. I prefer actual sport cars, not sporty cars.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
11759 posts
1623 upvotes
Ray Oliver wrote:
May 24th, 2017 3:00 pm
Price out an ATS-V, C63 AMG, or Giulia Quadrifoglio lately?
W204 C63 used to be 63.5k plus taxes and fees etc........
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2009
2436 posts
455 upvotes
TO
qaz393 wrote:
May 24th, 2017 6:54 pm
W204 C63 used to be 63.5k plus taxes and fees etc........
Gas is so much on those that you'd pay half of that in a year haha
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
24534 posts
9453 upvotes
Toronto
^ 16-18L/100km (city) is expected on a monster v8.

The E60 M5 V10 consumes at least 20L/100km (city). Virtually need to visit the gas station every few days. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
11759 posts
1623 upvotes
booblehead wrote:
May 25th, 2017 10:50 am
^ 16-18L/100km (city) is expected on a monster v8.

The E60 M5 V10 consumes at least 20L/100km (city). Virtually need to visit the gas station every few days. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
i know naturally asperated R63/ML63, are around 19-20L/100km on paper LOL...... the e60 m5 is that bad????
Mar 14, 2006
904 posts
250 upvotes
Coquitlam
booblehead wrote:
May 24th, 2017 5:53 pm
just a reminder for those who are planning to get a bimmer in the next 12 months or so ...

The program has now been updated for 2017. BMW Group Canada is offering a discount equal to 2% of a vehicle’s MSRP, irrespective of the price negotiated with the dealer, and applies to cash, financed and leased purchase arrangements.

Note: Do call BMW Canada to ensure this offering by the club is valid

https://trilliumbmwclub.ca/membershipreward
Just to follow up for all forum members. I received a private message with some questions regarding the 2% BMW discount and thought the information may be helpful to others.......

There is no issue or resistance with the dealer in getting the additional 2% BMW Club discount because the discount comes from BMW Canada and not the dealer. The key point is you have to be a member of the BMW Club for a minimum of one year before you are eligible for the discount so you have to plan ahead to take advantage of this 2% discount.

Something also to make note of is you have to notify the BMW Club and they must get written authorization from BMW Canada BEFORE you sign the sales agreement. I mistakenly signed the sales agreement with the 2% BMW discount negotiated and noted on the invoice and then when it came time to pickup and pay for my BMW I brought my BMW membership card and thought I would automatically get the 2% off. My dealership and BMW club had to go back to BMW Canada and we went through several weeks of back and forth discussions before BMW Canada relented and gave the 2% discount. Surprisingly my dealer is very large and the salesperson in January 2016 said that they have only done a handful of deals with the 2% BMW Club discount so they weren’t too familiar with the process and paperwork required.

Here is a copy of the email that I received from the BMW Club of BC when I was in discussions with them regarding the 2% discount.........“As soon as you are ready to place the order, just let us know the car model, dealer name and expected order date, and we can generate the reward request and send it off to BMW Group for approval. On the last 4 applications turnaround on the application has been from a quick 4 days to just over 10 days. I guess it is a matter of tracking down the guy at BMW that signs the final approval."
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
2818 posts
217 upvotes
GTA
Just curious, but what do those of you with run flat tires do if you want to put winter tires on your BMW's? Do you just keep a can of fix-a-flat in the trunk in case, or do you purchase a temporary spare tire?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
24534 posts
9453 upvotes
Toronto
those fix a flat sealant stuff are garbage. Even tire shop said it will make such a mess (on the wheel) that they charge more to clean off those thing when you go into the shop to get new tires.

If you do buy regular tires for winter, then consider putting in a portable air compressor (assuming if the air leaks are slow and puncture is small in nature). At least you can get enough air into the damaged tire to the nearest gas station or home and then perform the changeover.

or this spare tire kit ..

http://www.bimmerzone.com/BMW_Performan ... 8-KIT.html
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3527 posts
2188 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Wow $100 for a M3. I rather get a lightly used 911 or maybe even a Cayman. I remember they were $75-80k all in.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
24534 posts
9453 upvotes
Toronto
Options are very pricey

Nobody buys a m3/4 with just base. They will not like it.
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
12512 posts
8678 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The_Professor wrote:
May 25th, 2017 3:50 pm
Just curious, but what do those of you with run flat tires do if you want to put winter tires on your BMW's? Do you just keep a can of fix-a-flat in the trunk in case, or do you purchase a temporary spare tire?
My M3 came with goo crap in a can along with a compressor. Same with the GT3 now as well. Come to think of it a lot of cars are like that now. My wife's volt is the same. No spare and no RFT.

Anyone that has RFT should ditch them anyways. They suck. They ride like shit and ruin wheels, not to mention expensive.
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
12512 posts
8678 upvotes
Richmond Hill
booblehead wrote:
May 25th, 2017 6:33 pm
Options are very pricey

Nobody buys a m3/4 with just base. They will not like it.
M3's come fairly loaded already though.