Automotive

BMW questions and answers

Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
22349 posts
7382 upvotes
Toronto
some will exhibit ticking noise from the engine ... valve lifter. Very annoying to some people but dealer will tell you it's normal. There is no official fix for this. Either you live with it or choose another car.

If the car has just been acquired thru trade in, lease ended, bmwfs auction, etc and car is relatively clean and average or below typical mileage, do expect the dealer will put it up as CPO and mark it up by between 30-40% over their acquired costs. In other words, dealer would be in the driver seat, at least for the first 6 months or so to play the waiting game and try to fetch top $ for the car. If you are to submit an offer, you probably should be able to aim at 10% off (top end of the range) and go from there. Don't forget, they will also add other fees to pad their bottom line too.

andjuly wrote:
Jun 25th, 2017 3:21 pm
Thanks! Are there any other common issues to look out for / ask about when checking out the car?
As well what's a reasonable percentage to ask the dealer to knock off the price?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
22349 posts
7382 upvotes
Toronto
Speedy Auto Glass. Yonge, north of Steeles. On Doncaster Ave.

nowhere wrote:
Jun 25th, 2017 5:32 pm
Any good place to repair small windshield chip?
GTA, prefer closer to Yonge Sheppard.
Oct 9, 2013
32 posts
4 upvotes
thx Steve
I like your style go with the best. Life 2 short 2 stay with same old ... good 4 u from m5 to macanT to Merc wagon.
I think dealers give you low ball when u trade in off brand, hence better valve to trade in 4 same brand.
U always so helpful here, deep down maybe u r bmw. I guess another Porsche wasn't suitable. Wagons drive better than suv; however, I prefer suv 4 visibility and safety.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
22349 posts
7382 upvotes
Toronto
^ thx. porsche does not want to play ball with me again (no discount at all, except $500 offer for loyalty credit) hence the switch. First wagon ever (too bad Audi is not bringing theirs to Canada)
Oct 9, 2013
32 posts
4 upvotes
booblehead wrote:
Jun 25th, 2017 8:14 pm
^ thx. porsche does not want to play ball with me again (no discount at all, except $500 offer for loyalty credit) hence the switch. First wagon ever (too bad Audi is not bringing theirs to Canada)
I guess u ordered. Johnny Cheung @Thornhill MB is very good.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
22349 posts
7382 upvotes
Toronto
My SA is John Apiou (Thornhill). My dad has been dealing with him for 20+ yrs.

Actually, I price shopped with many MB dealers in the gta and only Durham, Burlington and Thornhill (given I have known john for a long time) were willing to give discount. The others said not a penny off and required me to give non refundable deposit between $5,000 to $10,000. I said no way in hell I would do that
Oct 9, 2013
32 posts
4 upvotes
booblehead wrote:
Jun 25th, 2017 8:33 pm
My SA is John Apiou (Thornhill). My dad has been dealing with him for 20+ yrs.

Actually, I price shopped with many MB dealers in the gta and only Durham, Burlington and Thornhill (given I have known john for a long time) were willing to give discount. The others said not a penny off and required me to give non refundable deposit between $5,000 to $10,000. I said no way in hell I would do that.
Thanks for sharing. I think GTA MB are all corporate, whereas St Catharines is not. I saw an E63 yesterday, it was long, maybe lowered. 603hp, strap down the cargo.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
22349 posts
7382 upvotes
Toronto
^ that's the old gen W212. The new one, W213 (wagon) will not start production until Sep.

In the GTA, I have only seen less than 5x of e63 wagon and they were all in Markham/Richmond Hill.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
10206 posts
2003 upvotes
Montréal
You guys mentioned before but what's the cheapest way to buy new BMW parts? Tx.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
22349 posts
7382 upvotes
Toronto
Germanparts.ca or arrange to pick it up at store (Finch /400)

Exoparts (if you are looking for something specific which dealers usually will have but at a slightly cheaper price)

Dealers offering discount - you will have to ask and mention
Maranello - Maxbimmer forum
Pfaff Mississauga - True North
TCBMW, Downtown Toronto/Parkview will offer discount only if you can tell them what other dealers' discounted price is so that they may match them.

Other GTA dealers not mentioned above may or may not offer discount at all.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
10206 posts
2003 upvotes
Montréal
booblehead wrote:
Jun 27th, 2017 2:07 pm
Germanparts.ca or arrange to pick it up at store (Finch /400)

Exoparts (if you are looking for something specific which dealers usually will have but at a slightly cheaper price)

Dealers offering discount - you will have to ask and mention
Maranello - Maxbimmer forum
Pfaff Mississauga - True North
TCBMW, Downtown Toronto/Parkview will offer discount only if you can tell them what other dealers' discounted price is so that they may match them.

Other GTA dealers not mentioned above may or may not offer discount at all.
These are all new OEM parts? Tx.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Mar 27, 2012
236 posts
101 upvotes
Anyone buy a 2017 X3 lately? What did you pay for it? And what were the specs?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
7997 posts
3084 upvotes
Markham
Any known good shops in GTA that can match Yas Marina Blue correctly?

Friend scratched up his M4 and wants it fixed.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
22349 posts
7382 upvotes
Toronto
Pfaff body shop would be a good starting point to ask.