• Aug 16th, 2017 3:11 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1284 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto
eyeyoon wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 1:02 pm
Dealership just called and asked to please remove the video from Youtube because BMW Canada is giving them a hard time.
In return, all they offered for a technician sleeping in my car + damaging the paint + leaving repair unfinished was, one complementarity engine oil change and an apology.

Well, my next engine oil change next week is free under no-charge scheduled maintenance anyways. I guess I can use it after free 48 months period.
They arent even fixing the damage? Hmm free oil change lol that came with the car...
Jul 25, 2015
256 posts
88 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
eyeyoon wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 1:02 pm
Dealership just called and asked to please remove the video from Youtube because BMW Canada is giving them a hard time.
In return, all they offered for a technician sleeping in my car + damaging the paint + leaving repair unfinished was, one complementarity engine oil change and an apology.

Well, my next engine oil change next week is free under no-charge scheduled maintenance anyways. I guess I can use it after free 48 months period.
lol what a joke offering a free oil change. Tell them if it is such a issue for someone from BMW Canada to talk to you. Get a extra year of free maintenance.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
3158 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
I think you should contact the media if this is not resolved. At least get your bumper fix and extra yr of free maintenance.
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig
Mar 23, 2009
752 posts
116 upvotes
Halifax
So I finally got a BMW at my local dealer Smiling Face With Sunglasses 17 340i xdrive - Alpine White on Black with oyster piping, Alum Trim, M Performance Package I, Premium Essential with EWT / TRP and got a deal on BMW winters. I'm really happy with this deal, they really stepped up and I couldn't be happier!

I was asked not to provide all of the specifics, but I'm about the same monthly lease payment as I was getting from other provinces for the 330i Sportline, Prem essential, and drivers assistance, actually a little less.

I'm missing out on some tech from the 330i (drivers assist) stuff....but getting a 340 and M performance Package is well worth it to us.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18023 posts
3534 upvotes
Toronto
Now, choosing which one to drive (C43 vs 340) as DD may be somewhat tough ! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Jun 24, 2016
14 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Last time I was checking with my SA in Parkview BMW about my tire sidewall bulge (this happened a month after i purchased my car), he said don't worry about it. Seriously!!
Mar 23, 2009
752 posts
116 upvotes
Halifax
booblehead wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 5:08 pm
Now, choosing which one to drive (C43 vs 340) as DD may be somewhat tough ! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I know right!
Mar 19, 2015
98 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
Sinasta wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 3:34 pm
lol what a joke offering a free oil change. Tell them if it is such a issue for someone from BMW Canada to talk to you. Get a extra year of free maintenance.
marktang wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 3:37 pm
I think you should contact the media if this is not resolved. At least get your bumper fix and extra yr of free maintenance.
booblehead wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 3:38 pm
People power !

+1 Leave it on I say
Service manager verbally promised that he'd give discounts on BMW parts, services, or new cars.
He said "just contact me when you are buying parts, new cars, or anything". So I left him an email asking exactly how much dealership credit he meant. If he says one free oil change($144.09+tax from dealership) was the best he would offer, well..
Let's see how he replies.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18023 posts
3534 upvotes
Toronto
Svc mgr has no say on discount if buying new car and parts . That falls under the general mgr. you willl need something in writing in dealer official letterhead, incl his signature with either $ or % offer to make it legal. Verbal offering is empty.

eyeyoon wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 12:33 am
Service manager verbally promised that he'd give discounts on BMW parts, services, or new cars.
He said "just contact me when you are buying parts, new cars, or anything". So I left him an email asking exactly how much dealership credit he meant. If he says one free oil change($144.09+tax from dealership) was the best he would offer, well..
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
3158 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
eyeyoon wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 12:33 am
ya man verbal offer means nothing, it just means they will not do anything later cuz they won't rmb or he's not there all the time when you are there. everything needs to be written sign with the company header to make it official. tell them you need the bumper fixed and an extra yr of free maintenance or else you will leave the video on and contact the media about it. its a joke when you are under warranty and they offer you a free oil change. I would contact BMW canada to tell them what a joke that is.
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18023 posts
3534 upvotes
Toronto
Extra yr of free maintenance really mean just the oil change in large as other so called free scheduled items would have been done by end of 4th yr.
Mar 19, 2015
98 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 5:26 am
Svc mgr has no say on discount if buying new car and parts . That falls under the general mgr. you willl need something in writing in dealer official letterhead, incl his signature with either $ or % offer to make it legal. Verbal offering is empty.
marktang wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 9:03 am
ya man verbal offer means nothing, it just means they will not do anything later cuz they won't rmb or he's not there all the time when you are there. everything needs to be written sign with the company header to make it official. tell them you need the bumper fixed and an extra yr of free maintenance or else you will leave the video on and contact the media about it. its a joke when you are under warranty and they offer you a free oil change. I would contact BMW canada to tell them what a joke that is.
Just took my car out of the garage and checked under the sun. And found this nice big scratch on trunk.
I just hand washed and clayed the entire car just a day before I left the car at the dealership. I know it did not exist before.
Unfortunately I can't prove it.
Let's see what dealership has to say about all this..
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18023 posts
3534 upvotes
Toronto
was that from the dealer having washed you car ? Dealer is going to admit nothing now.
Mar 19, 2015
98 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 4:25 pm
was that from the dealer having washed you car ? Dealer is going to admit nothing now.
I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if they deny it 100%.
Either they admit this scratch or not, I'll see what they say about the dealership credits they verbally promised.
If they change their words, whatever, no more business with Parkview BMW and the video stays on Youtube.