• Dec 15th, 2017 12:09 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
3441 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
eyeyoon wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 4:39 pm
I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if they deny it 100%.
Either they admit this scratch or not, I'll see what they say about the dealership credits they verbally promised.
If they change their words, whatever, no more business with Parkview BMW and the video stays on Youtube.
I think it's a revenge from one of their employees. If they don't do anything.. Complain to BMW Canada and make it public.
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig
Jul 25, 2015
421 posts
180 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
eyeyoon wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 4:19 pm
Just took my car out of the garage and checked under the sun. And found this nice big scratch on trunk.
I just hand washed and clayed the entire car just a day before I left the car at the dealership. I know it did not exist before.
Unfortunately I can't prove it.
Let's see what dealership has to say about all this..
At the dealership I goto. You and a service guy go out to inspect your car to ensure all previous damage/scratches are written down. Anything on there afterwards is on them.
Mar 23, 2009
756 posts
120 upvotes
Halifax
That sucks, getting your car damaged while servicing is not professional at all. For the past 8 years, not only do I tell the SA not to wash the car, but I put 4 signs up in the windows (front/rear). Believe it or not, the tech removed them once and they wash the car...I was pissed so I added "do not remove this sign"...I'm sure they think I'm a little strange, but that way I can tell if the car has been damaged as I try to wash the car prior to service. Also take pics of the wheels. Anyone who touches wheels always seems to scratch them all up....WTF
Aug 24, 2011
894 posts
496 upvotes
London
This is very disconcerting reading about the poor service. Don't u usually fill out one of those pre service sheets to ensure there are no surprises after vehicle has been serviced?
Sep 21, 2006
124 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
What do you guys think about a used 2016 X1 that has 43k on it? What price should I offer for this vehicle? New to buying used so just wondering if this is a bad idea due to high mileage. Personally I only use about 10k/yr so I still shouldn't go over the 4yr/80k warranty.

Your text to link here...
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18918 posts
4125 upvotes
Toronto
That's a high listing price. $32,500 would be a fair value in my view. I am seeing dealer marked it up 35% roughly on their current listing price.

If you are doing really light level of driving, why don't you just grab something less costly. No point of buying a bimmer and incur those extra expenses.

arcueid wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 11:36 am
What do you guys think about a used 2016 X1 that has 43k on it? What price should I offer for this vehicle? New to buying used so just wondering if this is a bad idea due to high mileage. Personally I only use about 10k/yr so I still shouldn't go over the 4yr/80k warranty.

Your text to link here...
Sep 21, 2006
124 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 1:03 pm
That's a high listing price. $32,500 would be a fair value in my view. I am seeing dealer marked it up 35% roughly on their current listing price.

If you are doing really light level of driving, why don't you just grab something less costly. No point of buying a bimmer and incur those extra expenses.
That's a good point. I do tend to keep my cars for a while. I bought a 2010 genesis coupe new and still have it. Only trading in now due to needing a more practical car now that I'm no longer 20. Hoping I can keep this car for 10 years or so. Thanks for the feedback on the pricing!
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18918 posts
4125 upvotes
Toronto
If you are going for a long term ownership, then pick a Japanese brands for their slightly better maintenance record & reliability. Not saying they are issues free or bullet proof, just saying the cost should be much less.
Sep 21, 2006
124 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 1:36 pm
If you are going for a long term ownership, then pick a Japanese brands for their slightly better maintenance record & reliability. Not saying they are issues free or bullet proof, just saying the cost should be much less.
Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think the Japanese has anything comparable in the luxury sub-compact segment. I don't really want anything bigger than an X1, it's the perfect size for what I need. My parking pad is very narrow. Been doing research and most articles are showing X1 as the best in class.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18918 posts
4125 upvotes
Toronto
Lexus NX would be similar (if you want the premium side of it), non premium would be a RAV4.
Infiniti would be the QX30
Mar 19, 2015
119 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
eyeyoon wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 4:19 pm
Just took my car out of the garage and checked under the sun. And found this nice big scratch on trunk.
I just hand washed and clayed the entire car just a day before I left the car at the dealership. I know it did not exist before.
Unfortunately I can't prove it.
Let's see what dealership has to say about all this..
I got the following response from dealership regarding the scratch.
If there is the possibility of polishing or touch up the affected area as a fix for the problem then I would be happy to help regardless if the damage occurred here or not and there would be no charge to you.
Kindly let me know if you would like to return and inspect the scratch on your vehicle. I would like to have our senior detailer available to inspect the car with you and me.
I believe the scratch is into the primer as you can see the off-white colour. It’d require colour matches touch up paint, touch up clearcoat, compounding, polishing, and a skilled detailer to properly fix it.
Has anyone had any experience with BMW dealership detailer? The last thing I want to see is half-repaired paint job looking worse than before.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
3441 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
eyeyoon wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 10:45 am
I believe the scratch is into the primer as you can see the off-white colour. It’d require colour matches touch up paint, touch up clearcoat, compounding, polishing, and a skilled detailer to properly fix it.
Has anyone had any experience with BMW dealership detailer? The last thing I want to see is half-repaired paint job looking worse than before.
i think they just outsource it don't they? Just ask who is doing it and look at the reviews i guess...Did they deal with the other issues yet?
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
8314 posts
2458 upvotes
Richmond Hill
marktang wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 11:31 am
i think they just outsource it don't they? Just ask who is doing it and look at the reviews i guess...Did they deal with the other issues yet?
Depends on the dealer. I know downtown bmw does it in-house, but doesn't mean it's done properly though (just saying, I have never used their service but I wouldn't expect the work to be like an indie detailer).
Mar 19, 2015
119 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
marktang wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 11:31 am
One free engine oil change and nothing else.
EP32k2 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 12:31 pm
Depends on the dealer. I know downtown bmw does it in-house, but doesn't mean it's done properly though (just saying, I have never used their service but I wouldn't expect the work to be like an indie detailer).
Local detailing shops quoted $100-$150 to repair this scratch. I wonder how well Parkview BMW in-house detailer would fix it..
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
8314 posts
2458 upvotes
Richmond Hill
eyeyoon wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 3:03 pm
One free engine oil change and nothing else.

Local detailing shops quoted $100-$150 to repair this scratch. I wonder how well Parkview BMW in-house detailer would fix it..
Park view doesn't have in-house repair. They outsource to a mobile company called carsmetics. Park view messed up my 335d once and carsmetics did an amazing job fixing it.