• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2017 3:11 pm
Mar 19, 2015
98 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
EP32k2 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 3:27 pm
Park view doesn't have in-house repair. They outsource to a mobile company called carsmetics. Park view messed up my 335d once and carsmetics did an amazing job fixing it.
Really? They kept mentioning how their "senior detailer" and "head detailer" will be repairing my vehicle at the dealership. Those titles indeed soundeds like in-house detailers. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes I hope they do an amazing job fixing mine as well!
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
3158 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
eyeyoon wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 3:03 pm
One free engine oil change and nothing else.

Local detailing shops quoted $100-$150 to repair this scratch. I wonder how well Parkview BMW in-house detailer would fix it..
i say just get it fix and dont go back there.
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig
Mar 19, 2015
98 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
Short summary of my very last visit to Parkview BMW.
I took the car in for engine oil change + scratch removal they offered.
1) Possibly due to last incident where technician was caught sleeping in my car, they unplugged the dashcam cable AND manually turned off my dashcam until the end of the service.
2) Dashcam automatically started recoding again when technician put power cable back during the car wash. They even placed some kind of cloth or glove to cover the lens. He removed it right before taking the car back to the front.

3) I repeatedly explained that the scratch went through the clear coat. They just compounded the cleat coat on damaged area for like 5 minutes and brought it back to me. Deep scratch still remains the same. I told I can still see the primer, clearly. Sal Portelli, Director of Fixed Operations, tells me it's just dirt trapped LOL :facepalm: whatever, I will just fix it myself later.

I'm curious what happened during the dashcam was off. Hopefully they did not break anything on purpose. lol
Well, this shall be my very last visit. I will probably try BMW Autohaus for my next service.
Dec 14, 2016
19 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Hello all!

I am new to this section of the forum but i've been wondering about a deal I am considering to take. After considering the C43 and I was able to get in touch with a dealer and land on what i feel is a decent deal for a 2017 Xdrive 440i Coupe (brand new) which was already marked down. I just wanted to see what you guys think of the deal? Car comes loaded with the Premium Enhanced package total MSRP @ $63,050 ... With my added Lease protection ~$1400, freight + Pdi ~1400, admin fees ~500 and a "Vehicle Care Kit for 439" - which i will have to ask what this is for my total list price comes to about ~$68,000. They are giving me a total discount of approx $8200 in total, pricing the car at $59,800. I am putting down $3000 on delivery making my down payment approx $1800 and my lease term for 48 months @1.9% / 20k per year comes out to $730.00 taxes included. Is this a good deal or will i be able to get something better elsewhere?

Thanks
Mar 27, 2012
117 posts
38 upvotes
flyingcarpet91 wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 7:34 pm
Hello all!

I am new to this section of the forum but i've been wondering about a deal I am considering to take. After considering the C43 and I was able to get in touch with a dealer and land on what i feel is a decent deal for a 2017 Xdrive 440i Coupe (brand new) which was already marked down. I just wanted to see what you guys think of the deal? Car comes loaded with the Premium Enhanced package total MSRP @ $63,050 ... With my added Lease protection ~$1400, freight + Pdi ~1400, admin fees ~500 and a "Vehicle Care Kit for 439" - which i will have to ask what this is for my total list price comes to about ~$68,000. They are giving me a total discount of approx $8200 in total, pricing the car at $59,800. I am putting down $3000 on delivery making my down payment approx $1800 and my lease term for 48 months @1.9% / 20k per year comes out to $730.00 taxes included. Is this a good deal or will i be able to get something better elsewhere?

Thanks
That's a pretty good price for a 4 series couple, do you know how much the dealer marked down the car?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18023 posts
3534 upvotes
Toronto
based on the info given, dealer is discounting nearly 14% off and yet it is a brand new car ? If this is true, then it's one hell of a deal and dealer will definitely lose $ on this car without a doubt.

It sounds like this is from TCBMW. You can say no to the vehicle care kit. just the floor mats, wheel locks and nitrogen air, vin etching.
Dec 14, 2016
19 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 10:10 pm
based on the info given, dealer is discounting nearly 14% off and yet it is a brand new car ? If this is true, then it's one hell of a deal and dealer will definitely lose $ on this car without a doubt.

It sounds like this is from TCBMW. You can say no to the vehicle care kit. just the floor mats, wheel locks and nitrogen air, vin etching.
Original markdown was approx $7500 and I managed to squeeze the lease protection in there for free. You're right this car is from TCBMW, I hadn't looked at the fees till I got home and no clue what that care kit was about. It just felt a little bit too good to be true but is there any way I can determine car is not new?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18023 posts
3534 upvotes
Toronto
If you signed, dealer would indicate the in service date and mileage on the car. If car is a demo, the agreement would be indicated as demo.

If it's new and < 90 kms on the car and not registered, then you got a crazy deal.
Mar 27, 2012
117 posts
38 upvotes
flyingcarpet91 wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 10:31 pm
Original markdown was approx $7500 and I managed to squeeze the lease protection in there for free. You're right this car is from TCBMW, I hadn't looked at the fees till I got home and no clue what that care kit was about. It just felt a little bit too good to be true but is there any way I can determine car is not new?
Is the car alpine white with the black or possibly coral red interior?
Dec 14, 2016
19 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
misc049 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 8:42 am
Is the car alpine white with the black or possibly coral red interior?
Alpine white on black interior with blue stitching
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
5530 posts
318 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
How's the mileage on an X5 diesel?

Is it practical as a 7 passenger SUV?
Regards,
--
m4gician
I like to detail cars. If you have any detailing questions I'd love to help! Tweet or Email anytime!
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18023 posts
3534 upvotes
Toronto
that's not a truly 7 seater. You will have to wait for the X7
Mar 27, 2012
117 posts
38 upvotes
m4gician wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 10:05 am
How's the mileage on an X5 diesel?

Is it practical as a 7 passenger SUV?
Its not practical as a 7 passenger SUV because its quite cramped in the back unless you have small kids in the back, but don't expect to carry strollers when you're carrying 7 people. If you want something that is a true 7 seater and an SUV, I would suggest going for the XC90, X7 (you'll have to wait), Infiniti QX60, Toyota HIghlander, Honda Pilot, Acura MDX, and maybe Mercedes GLS (the price isn't for the faint of heart).
Mar 27, 2012
117 posts
38 upvotes
flyingcarpet91 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 9:24 am
Alpine white on black interior with blue stitching
Inventory says it has 90km, but check the warranty in-service date. sometimes dealers put their cars "in service" to meet sales quotas but then leave the car sitting without having it driven. Let us know what happens.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)