• Dec 15th, 2017 12:09 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
3441 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
eyeyoon wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 11:52 am
Short summary of my very last visit to Parkview BMW.
I took the car in for engine oil change + scratch removal they offered.
1) Possibly due to last incident where technician was caught sleeping in my car, they unplugged the dashcam cable AND manually turned off my dashcam until the end of the service.
2) Dashcam automatically started recoding again when technician put power cable back during the car wash. They even placed some kind of cloth or glove to cover the lens. He removed it right before taking the car back to the front
3) I repeatedly explained that the scratch went through the clear coat. They just compounded the cleat coat on damaged area for like 5 minutes and brought it back to me. Deep scratch still remains the same. I told I can still see the primer, clearly. Sal Portelli, Director of Fixed Operations, tells me it's just dirt trapped LOL :facepalm: whatever, I will just fix it myself later.

I'm curious what happened during the dashcam was off. Hopefully they did not break anything on purpose. lol
Well, this shall be my very last visit. I will probably try BMW Autohaus for my next service.
It's like they have something to hide. I would be pissed off if they touched anything in my car that's not part of the maintenance. You only give them consent to fix the car not fiddle with your personal things.
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1332 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto

Sigh just got this car less than 2 weeks old making this knocking noise at idle... Its 340i btw

Tried posting on bmw forum no answer yet. Ive also contacted sales rep will get back to me tomorrow but I hope its not a big issue...

Anybody want to take educated guesses?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18918 posts
4125 upvotes
Toronto
Happens just during idling ? On Cold start only ?

Any noise during drive ? Acceleration ? Slowing down ?

Faulty fuel pump ? Just a guess.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1332 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 9:29 pm
Happens just during idling ? On Cold start only ?

Any noise during drive ? Acceleration ? Slowing down ?

Faulty fuel pump ? Just a guess.
So far only audible at idle. While driving and accelerating cant hear it. Actually you hear it when car is warmed up dont hear it at cold start. You can clearly hear it from the cabin as well.

Partly glad its a lease and partly sad because the car drives so well.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18918 posts
4125 upvotes
Toronto
Ok.

I hope the dealer can diagnose the rea issue.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2003
1600 posts
64 upvotes
Got a nice stone chip, size of a nickel/quarter with spider legs, on the front windshield. The vehicle is leased with lease guard. I would like to fill it if possible but it'll likely still have the spider legs after the fill. Will my lease guard cover a windshield that has been filled, and with tiny spider leg cracks around the chip?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18918 posts
4125 upvotes
Toronto
https://www.bmw.ca/en/topics/details/FS ... ducts.html

you are covered. If you are going to pay for this fill in now and ask for reimbursement from bmwfs, then that's not what this protection would do, by reimbursing you. It simply let you return the car at that state with chipped windshield which you are not financially responsible. This is my understanding. You may want to call your bmw dealer to clarify.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2003
1600 posts
64 upvotes
Thanks BH!!

I have almost 2 years left on the lease, so it's probably wise for me to at least fill in the crack (hopefully it's doable). Hopefully the fill in will hold up and I'll just return it at the end of the lease.

A BMW dealer quoted me 5 hrs of labour @ $160 to replace a windshield, DAMN!!

I have some many stone chips in the front portion of the hood. It's a good thing I took the Excess Wear & Use Protection.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1332 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 10:02 pm
Ok.

I hope the dealer can diagnose the rea issue.
Ive been doing more digging I think its an issue with low pressure fuel pump in the fuel tank. video below is exactly what I hear from the rear of the vehicle from inside the cabin. Made an appointment at the dealer next friday because I have a seminar to attend in miami tomorrow. Hope car survives till then xD pay closer attention at 13 sec mark and on

Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18918 posts
4125 upvotes
Toronto
If you are going to do the windshield repair, have you check with your insurance policy to see if it covers (at least to lessen the blow to the wallet)
EL820 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 9:54 pm
Thanks BH!!

I have almost 2 years left on the lease, so it's probably wise for me to at least fill in the crack (hopefully it's doable). Hopefully the fill in will hold up and I'll just return it at the end of the lease.

A BMW dealer quoted me 5 hrs of labour @ $160 to replace a windshield, DAMN!!

I have some many stone chips in the front portion of the hood. It's a good thing I took the Excess Wear & Use Protection.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18918 posts
4125 upvotes
Toronto
that's why I said earlier it may be a faulty fuel pump as I know some people have issues with this, not widespread.

smrtphur wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 11:03 pm
Ive been doing more digging I think its an issue with low pressure fuel pump in the fuel tank. video below is exactly what I hear from the rear of the vehicle from inside the cabin. Made an appointment at the dealer next friday because I have a seminar to attend in miami tomorrow. Hope car survives till then xD pay closer attention at 13 sec mark and on

Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2003
1600 posts
64 upvotes
booblehead wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 8:15 am
If you are going to do the windshield repair, have you check with your insurance policy to see if it covers (at least to lessen the blow to the wallet)
It should be covered for repair/fill. If it needs replaced, then I have to fork out for the deductible.

This will be my 3rd time dealing with these freaking stone chips/cracked windshield in the past few years...argh!! This is the first on a leased car.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18918 posts
4125 upvotes
Toronto
I guess don't follow any big rigs on the highway (if possible).
Mar 19, 2015
119 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
I totally forgot where I placed the wheel lock key for my F10.. How much is it to get a new one from the dealership? :facepalm:
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18918 posts
4125 upvotes
Toronto
$25, I think. "Highway robbery"

Go to Maranello parts and ask for a discount. But then the service guy would have to find out what lock # you have first.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)