BMW questions and answers

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 1:13 am
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18782 posts
4063 upvotes
Toronto
No. way too far ... I go to http://dcmotors.ca/ ... been going there for the last 7 yrs ... at least. Pretty fair priced and no upsell and you are welcomed to bring your own parts too.

10 mins. from my house. Just the simple maintenance stuff I do there. If there are more complicated and complex issues and requiring advanced diagnostics, then I am forced to go back to dealer.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2003
9991 posts
373 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Thank you booblehead, the mark up is expected in a small town- but it's good to know that it is overpriced. Incidentally, I was looking at a new Mini (colocated with BMW) and I believe they may have a markup of 5-7k on new cars as well.
KitKat item collector- always looking for swag or branded items.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18782 posts
4063 upvotes
Toronto
Feneant wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 11:43 am
Thank you booblehead, the mark up is expected in a small town- but it's good to know that it is overpriced. Incidentally, I was looking at a new Mini (colocated with BMW) and I believe they may have a markup of 5-7k on new cars as well.
Also do be aware that the engine in question has some serious issue that may or may not be fixed on that particular car. Timing chain problem. If it has been fixed, the replacement parts are not known to be the permanent fix to the orig. problem.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2003
2614 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
I am interested in the BMW 530e, just wondering if anyone has looked into it. What's' the availability of this car in GTA? Anyone able to get any discount off it?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18782 posts
4063 upvotes
Toronto
a rfder picked up a 2017 just recently during year end clearance. I believe there are none left in GTA (for MY2017) or maybe you can try your local bmw dealer and ask for regional or even national inventory search. His dealer actually has to buy it from another dealer (GTA) in order to get the deal done.

As for discount, he got a decent discount (I recalled it was around 6.5% off dealer side (no bogus fees) + factory credit + MTO $8460 electric vehicle rebate). If you need a feedback from that rfder, pm me and I will forward you his email so you can ask him the questions.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2003
2614 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 1:43 pm
a rfder picked up a 2017 just recently during year end clearance. I believe there are none left in GTA (for MY2017) or maybe you can try your local bmw dealer and ask for regional or even national inventory search. His dealer actually has to buy it from another dealer (GTA) in order to get the deal done.

As for discount, he got a decent discount (I recalled it was around 6.5% off dealer side (no bogus fees) + factory credit + MTO $8460 electric vehicle rebate). If you need a feedback from that rfder, pm me and I will forward you his email so you can ask him the questions.
Thanks, that is good to know. Do you know if the 2018 different from the 2017?
Mar 19, 2009
108 posts
5 upvotes
Hey guys. Looking at a 2013 128 m-sport cab 6MT (fully loaded) with about 64k KMs.

How accurate is VMR/CBB/CarGurus? The price I was given from the dealer (even after negotiating) was about $6k more than VMR retail price, and $2k more than the upper end of CBB/CarGurus.

Vehicle was a lease return/trade in. How much wiggle room do dealers have after inspections/reconditioning labour?
“Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?” -27136773
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18782 posts
4063 upvotes
Toronto
fair value (retail) to offer would be around $20.5K - $21.5K, assuming no extended warranty. Anything higher is premium asking price territory.

Does it mean dealer is asking around $26K range ?
Mar 19, 2009
108 posts
5 upvotes
booblehead wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 5:50 pm
fair value (retail) to offer would be around $20.5K - $21.5K, assuming no extended warranty. Anything higher is premium asking price territory.

Does it mean dealer is asking around $26K range ?
Yeah around there. That was the counter offer anyways. I originally asked for $24k, which is why I wondered the accuracy of VMR and other sites.
“Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?” -27136773
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18782 posts
4063 upvotes
Toronto
Wholesale would likely be around $17k .. so, dealer wants nearly 55% markup ? Lol

Run away and don’t bother .. let dealer keep it as their trophy
Jan 27, 2013
131 posts
25 upvotes
I phoned BMW Town and Country to inquire about test driving the 2018 X3 M40i. I was told that they don't allow people to test drive M series vehicles. I'd only be able to test drive the 4 cylinder X3.

Is this how it is at all BMW dealers?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40917 posts
9840 upvotes
For those who take their cars to independents in the GTA, where do you buy your parts and how much is the book rate for the honest and reputable shops?

What is the normal upkeep per year to maintain a 3 or 4 series with auto transmissions after the four year warranty is over?

What are some things the independents are not able to fix?

I still like the BMW exterior over the MB's and Audi and VW took shortcuts going with the defeat devices so I am not really too interested in supporting that kind of shady business.