Automotive

BMW questions and answers

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 8:15 am
Dec 1, 2017
3 posts
booblehead wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 3:01 pm
Not really, if you are in GTA. TCBMW was offering 6% + $1000 factory credit to a rfder couple of weeks ago.
Wow 6%, the person i dealt with kept insisting 4% is the most they can give for loyal customers since the X3 2018 is a new model.
Looks like I'll be bringing my business elsewhere in 4 years.

Another question, is the wear and tear package price negotiable, I was told it is set by BMW head office and can't be discounted.
Same goes with Tricor registration and Locking wheel bolts, that it cannot be removed since they come standard from the factory ...
Dec 14, 2007
485 posts
49 upvotes
MeganL1981 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 9:52 pm
Wow 6%, the person i dealt with kept insisting 4% is the most they can give for loyal customers since the X3 2018 is a new model.
Looks like I'll be bringing my business elsewhere in 4 years.

Another question, is the wear and tear package price negotiable, I was told it is set by BMW head office and can't be discounted.
Same goes with Tricor registration and Locking wheel bolts, that it cannot be removed since they come standard from the factory ...
Sounds like the salesman fed you a few lies. Wear and tear package is negotiable.
Dec 1, 2017
3 posts
kkkat wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 9:58 pm
Sounds like the salesman fed you a few lies. Wear and tear package is negotiable.
Crying Face i think next time i need to bring a good negotiator friend with me, went in alone this time ...
thank you for the replies
Jan 31, 2007
646 posts
341 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Biggest BS is Tricor Registration and Wheels lock.

IF they come already installed at Factory, shouldn't that price already included in the car price?

Tricor Registration is a complete rip off.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2009
2187 posts
236 upvotes
TO
We should make a Porsche thread. I really want to get into a P car within the next year or two and I know RFD's own them...
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41537 posts
10213 upvotes
tcharged wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 12:36 am
We should make a Porsche thread. I really want to get into a P car within the next year or two and I know RFD's own them...
I noticed that too but with a base 718 at $62k and everything way over that on autotrader, it will be but a dream for me.

Please start the thread.
Jul 22, 2015
300 posts
59 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
What are some good winter tires for the 2017 BMW x3 that won't break the bank? I've heard that Pirelli is a good brand, but there's so many to choose from. I do mainly city driving and currently have 19" tires on my car. I was hoping to get 18" tires. I need tires + wheels.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18905 posts
4122 upvotes
Toronto
Acheewawa wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 10:52 am
What are some good winter tires for the 2017 BMW x3 that won't break the bank? I've heard that Pirelli is a good brand, but there's so many to choose from. I do mainly city driving and currently have 19" tires on my car. I was hoping to get 18" tires. I need tires + wheels.
http://simplytire.com/winter/bmwpdf.pdf

Have a look at the list and use it as your price reference when shopping in your local market

Also, better decide soon as most of the current manuf. winter tires rebate will expire sometimes this month
Aug 18, 2014
335 posts
173 upvotes
Markham, ON
tcharged wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 12:36 am
Agree.
Trying to do research on P car online is very difficult as well.

You can't find any information about very basic finance info like residual value, interest rate online. Not much is said about what range of discount you can get in Canada for diff modles too.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18905 posts
4122 upvotes
Toronto
^ Virtually no discount on P car unless you are buying one off their inventory. If you are a repeat customer, then 2-2.5% would be possible (for the non rare, limited production cars)
Aug 18, 2014
335 posts
173 upvotes
Markham, ON
booblehead wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 11:42 am
^ Virtually no discount on P car unless you are buying one off their inventory. If you are a repeat customer, then 2-2.5% would be possible (for the non rare, limited production cars)
Really? I heard people were usually able to get few % off for the regular production cars. (in US many people said they got 5-10% on cars like Cayenne and Cayman/Boxer, etc)

I know for the rare, limited production you are lucky if you can get it at MSRP tho.
I heard some cars like GT3 has like few years waiting period too.

Is there any webs that shows their interest rate and residual value tho?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18905 posts
4122 upvotes
Toronto
http://porschecentre.ca/specials/

You will have to work backwards to see what the residual would be

A few % off is possible, depends on if the car in question is in high demand or not and what model year. No point to compare to US market as they are 10x and more the size of the Cdn market.

pinkdonut wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 11:49 am
Really? I heard people were usually able to get few % off for the regular production cars. (in US many people said they got 5-10% on cars like Cayenne and Cayman/Boxer, etc)

I know for the rare, limited production you are lucky if you can get it at MSRP tho.

Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2009
2187 posts
236 upvotes
TO
pinkdonut wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 11:49 am

Interest rates are absolute trash. Like 5.9%. Gotta pay to play. Looking at leasebusters and searching all of Canada I was able to figure out residuals on a bunch of them. IE, A mid range Macan S after a 4 year lease is only $35K! Or a 718 CS has only a 50% residual. Shocking as these dealers get them after the lease and mark them up fifteen - twenty five thousand and sell them with virtually no discount. Incredible markup and huge demand so again, pay to play. I am gunning for a 2014 911 CS and I hope to get one under 100K within the next year or two.

Until then, my M will do!
Images
  • IMG_0228.JPG
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
8303 posts
2449 upvotes
Richmond Hill
tcharged wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 10:46 pm
Interest rates are absolute trash. Like 5.9%. Gotta pay to play. Looking at leasebusters and searching all of Canada I was able to figure out residuals on a bunch of them. IE, A mid range Macan S after a 4 year lease is only $35K! Or a 718 CS has only a 50% residual. Shocking as these dealers get them after the lease and mark them up fifteen - twenty five thousand and sell them with virtually no discount. Incredible markup and huge demand so again, pay to play. I am gunning for a 2014 911 CS and I hope to get one under 100K within the next year or two.

Until then, my M will do!
I was trying to do a buyback on a Macan S off my dad's friend. Buyback was around $35k, but his buddy already promised someone else. That would have been a car that would literally not cost anything depreciation wise for a couple years.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2009
2187 posts
236 upvotes
TO
EP32k2 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 10:54 pm
I was trying to do a buyback on a Macan S off my dad's friend. Buyback was around $35k, but his buddy already promised someone else. That would have been a car that would literally not cost anything depreciation wise for a couple years.
No kidding! That would be so sick for 35K with like 75,000km on it. Amazing deal.